• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Strategy / Risk] Eastern Kingdoms: War in the South

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update
Stormwind's Heroes
Screenshot (4)_LI.jpg
From Left to Right: Varian Wrynn, Anduin Wrynn, Bolvar Fordragon, Benedictus, Gryan Stoutmantle, Lady Katrana Prestor, Edwin VanCleef and Vanessa VanCleef
Update

Varian Wrynn
Your most powerful starting hero, he is however unrevivable.

Bolvar Fordragon
The only hero you will have no matter what happens and what path you choose, Bolvar is almost identical to the Human Paladin.

Benedictus
Benedictus has some more powerful healing but is exceptionally weak. Should Twilight's Hammer choose he will defect and reveal himself as the Twilight Father robbing Stormwind of a powerful hero and gaining one themselves.

Gryan Stoutmantle
Devoted Marshall of Westfall, he joins Stormwind if Edwin Vancleef is killed.

Anduin Wrynn
Should Varian die then Anduin becomes King and your new hero, he is ranged but also locks you out of Stormwind's ultimate path as it requires Varian.

Lady Katrana Prestor
Stormwind, if it controls the Keep, can at anytime launch Katrana Prestor's takeover along with the Defias brethren. If Edwin is still alive he joins immediately, if he is dead then Vanessa takes his place.

Edwin Vancleef

Edwin starts off as a creep in the Deadmines, however if he is not killed and Stormwind goes the Katrana Prestor path then he is gained alongside her as a hero. If he reaches level 10 then Vanessa appears as well.

Vanessa Vancleef
Will be gained either way by going Defias.

Level 6
Outstanding work, Footman.

Don`t you think that you kind of expanded the map too much north ?

Gilneas is way too north, it`s more like Central and South Eastern Kingdoms war. :))))
The problem with expanding so much north is that you also have to include Stromgarde who fell after the Third War.

Gilneas can be swapped for Kul`Tiras.

I also think that Twilight`s Hammer clan is too much as a starting faction, they had no noteworthy presence in that part of the world, they could be a faction choice.
On the other hand the Horde have both Grom`gol and Stonard and would make a far better choice.

Also, you left out Dragonmaw Clan, they had a huge presence in Twilight Highlands.
The Dragonmaw Clan can serve as the ally of the Blackrock Clan (those two clans together formed the Dark Horde)

The Blood Elves could appear straight in Outland allied with Illidan`s naga but they could also be part of the same faction if you need faction slots.

Thanks a lot for your feedback Shatterfury :)

The map will stretch quite far North but I like that; I want to get in as much of the Eastern Kingdoms as I can, so maybe the name could use a change.

Stromgarde can still be included and will probably play a part in either the Alliance Expedition's events with Dannath or as the Arathor Event line for Stormwind.

Kul Tiras and Gilneas will both be playable, separate factions, with Gilneas being able to choose many paths from Worgen to Arugal to Worgen Cure and can join or fight the Alliance, they might also have a Forsaken path if Pink is added as Forsaken.

The early game for Twilight's will be subjugating the Elemental Lords and building up your power before you unleash Deathwing. Dragonmaw will be a part of the Dark Horde not a separate faction though.

The Blood Elves will start off in Outland as the Illidari. They will be able to gain the Broken Draenei and Take over/ally the Fel Horde.

My plan is to create two paths for each faction a kind of "good" one and an "evil" one. e.g. Stormwind's evil path is Katrana and the Defias and their good path will be Arathor Empire with Varian.

Level 6
Thanks a lot for your feedback Shatterfury :)

The map will stretch quite far North but I like that; I want to get in as much of the Eastern Kingdoms as I can, so maybe the name could use a change.

Stromgarde can still be included and will probably play a part in either the Alliance Expedition's events with Dannath or as the Arathor Event line for Stormwind.

Kul Tiras and Gilneas will both be playable, separate factions, with Gilneas being able to choose many paths from Worgen to Arugal to Worgen Cure and can join or fight the Alliance, they might also have a Forsaken path if Pink is added as Forsaken.

The early game for Twilight's will be subjugating the Elemental Lords and building up your power before you unleash Deathwing. Dragonmaw will be a part of the Dark Horde not a separate faction though.

The Blood Elves will start off in Outland as the Illidari. They will be able to gain the Broken Draenei and Take over/ally the Fel Horde.

My plan is to create two paths for each faction a kind of "good" one and an "evil" one. e.g. Stormwind's evil path is Katrana and the Defias and their good path will be Arathor Empire with Varian.
Aaaa...nice plans, with two bases, both in Blackrock Mountain and Twilight Mountain, the Dark Horde will have some meat behind it`s bones.

Stromgarde can be a second choice if the Expedition Forces in Outland fair..or maybe an expansion base....you`ll figure it out.

You`ll have to figure out what do do with the Horde at Grom`gol and Stonard also.

In Outland there are also, High Elves in Terokkar Forest ( it would be awesome to have a High Elven faction - even as a second chance ! )

And don`t forget about Shattrath City and the Mag`har Clan, if you don`t have spots for them then they could be second chances.

I think that the map it`s a bit too north and Wetlands and Twilight Highlands would have been a perfect border ... but I`ll be damn if I encourage you to do otherwise, especially considering the drive you have !

AI will like to ask you to make it a bit more noob friendly, some of us play rarely and don`t like to be steamrolled by experienced players who play often.

P.S. I guess that the War of the Eastern Kingdoms is far more fitting.

The Horde will have many bases scattered throughout, but will have opportunities to consolidate their power i.e. getting the Mag'har and Earthern Ring. They will be allied to the Trolls initially so will have a few options to choose from: taking the Blasted Lands, attacking Stormwind from Stranglethorn or taking over Blackrock from Kargath and Flamecrest.

High Elves will be part of the Alliance Expedition, so their events will probably go into there. Stormwind also have some High Elves like archers.

I don't think there will be AI in the map, but if you scroll back in this page of the thread you'll find a Demo version with Stormwind and the Dark Horde playable, so why don't you try playing it with a friend and see how you get on? Or just play it yourself and get a feel for the map :)

Level 6
The Horde will have many bases scattered throughout, but will have opportunities to consolidate their power i.e. getting the Mag'har and Earthern Ring. They will be allied to the Trolls initially so will have a few options to choose from: taking the Blasted Lands, attacking Stormwind from Stranglethorn or taking over Blackrock from Kargath and Flamecrest.

High Elves will be part of the Alliance Expedition, so their events will probably go into there. Stormwind also have some High Elves like archers.

I don't think there will be AI in the map, but if you scroll back in this page of the thread you'll find a Demo version with Stormwind and the Dark Horde playable, so why don't you try playing it with a friend and see how you get on? Or just play it yourself and get a feel for the map :)
Will give it a try...

By the way, what about the Burning Legion ? :p

Level 15
Yeah kind of. I work on it from time to time when I'm bored but I doubt this map will ever be finished.
This honestly looks awesome, even if you doubt that it will be finished would there be any chance that there will be an updated download link to check out the terrain of the map and such? It looks super cool and I would love to explore it in-editor!

This honestly looks awesome, even if you doubt that it will be finished would there be any chance that there will be an updated download link to check out the terrain of the map and such? It looks super cool and I would love to explore it in-editor!

Hmmm maybe, I'll think about it. I might work on it more, expand the terrain even more; for example the dead mines is playable right now but I plan to expand it and add all the deadmines to the instance including the dreadnaught bay.

Honestly I do wish I had the same motivation for this project and could've finished it, maybe one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.