• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Strategy / Risk] Eastern Kingdoms: War in the South

Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php
Eastern Kingdoms: War in the South
You've seen Azeroth Wars, you've seen Dark Ages of Warcraft and you've probably seen Lordaeron: The Aftermath but I come here with yet another Azeroth rip-off. This is Eastern Kingdoms: War in the South. I started this project originally, as a terraining project to create the World of Warcraft as accurately as possible but I then decided to expand it into my own project to create the World of Outland and the Eastern Kingdoms complete with Events, tech-trees and (in short) a fully fledged multiplayer map. The map itself will stretch from Southern Lordaeron and Gilneas all the way down to The Cape of Stranglethorn. Timeline wise, it will go from just after the Third War all the way into the Cataclysm.

There will be Control Points, each named uniquely for their location, as well as 12 unique factions with story paths that either stick precisely to their canon actions, or offer a more flavourful "what-if" scenario; these include Defias take-overs and Gilnean cures to Black Dragon Stormwind and Shamanistic "Dark" Horde.

There will be special units for each faction of which only a small number can be trained, for example Stormwind has the Royal Guard, who protect the King and massive Gunships, of which only two can be trained.
attachment.php

145756d1433539409-eastern-kingdoms-war-south-76x1wt1qzbo01414130446203.jpg
FactionInformation
Blood ElvesThe Blood Elves start off in a precarious position. Protected by their larger allies, you have no permanent base... yet. Kael'thas is ambitious and whilst the Alliance have served you well, the Naga offer a strong pact with Illidan and a deadly addition to your forces.

Your starting position is weak and you have a very limited tech-tree with no heavy melee unit. You can stay that way and try to carve out your own Blood Elven Kingdom using a few of the standalone events to bolster your land, and your forces, or you can ally with Illidan and head to Outland where you will serve with the Fel Orcs after defeating Magtheridon of course.
StormwindWith the mighty city of Stormwind under your control, you must seek to retake all your former, now contested, lands from the Defias, Horde, Dark Horde, Trolls and Fel Horde. With mighty Knights and brave soldiers; Elven mages and Dwarven contraptions you have the army to force out the invaders.

You're allies are many and powerful, but they have their own troubles. If you can link up then you will be unstoppable. If not, Katrana Prestor offers a dark pact with the Dark Horde, let the Black Dragons control both Orc and Human. Perhaps it is time for a revolution? Edwin can seize power (if alive) and if not, perhaps Vannesa can pick up where he left off.
GilneasGilneas start off with several options, firstly who to support in the Civil War? Darius Crowely who will allow you to join the Alliance or Genn Greymane who has the support of the mainstream population? Should the Forsaken invade then you will get both and after a certain period of time the Worgen Curse will appear, it is not optional. After the Worgen curse activates you can beseech the Night Elves for aid, expanding your variety of forces and you may also bring the Bloodpack Worgen into the fold.

Gilneas starts off having to fight internal struggles but after it is resolved you go from strength to strength; that is if you are not defeated by the Forsaken who will undoubtedly try to conquer all that you own. You have the brute strength of the Worgen units combined with the versatile, Druidic spellcasting that accompanies the Druids of the Pack and the Night Elves. Not to mention very capable Anti-magic abilities from the Faerie Dragon.
Twilight's HammerThe Twilight's Hammer clan have been hounded and prosecuted since losing many of their number at the Tomb of Sargeras. Now, Cho'gall with sleeper agents everywhere and the infinite support of The Old Gods, seeks to see the world burn. With the Dark Horde at their side and the Kingdoms of Dwarves, Humans and Orcs alike underfoot.

Ogres, Humans, Orcs and Night Elves form your starting force, but if you approach and/or subjugate the different Elemental Lords then you shall have access to even more troops. Ragnaros and Al'akir will willingly give their support; the other two might need some persuasion. Or you can forsake the Old Gods - Mix things up a little.
The Dark HordeFrom the dark fires of Blackrock Spire, the Dark Horde stay true to the ways of the old Horde with Dragons in the skies and Ogres on the charge, they seek to burn all their enemies with fire and brimstone.

You start off with a sizeable army in a concentrated area but surrounded by enemies. You have one ally, the Twilight's Hammer, but the Fel Horde also offer options for joint conquest. The Fel Horde will demand you partake in Demon Blood and forsake the Black Dragons though with full allegiance to their Demon-masters. The choice is yours. Whatever you do, Stormwind will burn!
The Fel HordeThe Dark Portal is the only gateway to your realm, you are safe to conquer the broken world of Outland for yourself, or are you? Stormwind will soon begin to press and perhaps a certain Night Elf will turn his demonic gaze to your land. Who is your master?

You start off under the control of the Pit Lord Magtheridon, your armies are superior to all but your lands are lacking. Branch out; seize Outland for yourself and then surge through the Dark Portal - with or without Illidan as your new leader. You have no allies but you may not need any. If you do, the Blood Elves might arrive or the Dark Horde would be another optimal choice.
Troll EmpireWhat happened mon? What happened to da great Troll Empire? I tell ya mon, it grew complacent and weak! But now you have a new chance for glory, unite the Troll lands, unite the Troll Races, unite their power and drive out all the foreign invaders from millennia ago.

You have fortress cities and small camps of spread out trolls, Zul'Gurub rivals Stormwind in size and defensibility but you both have your eyes on Stranglethorn. Launch invasions from all sides with the Amani, Frostmanes, and Gurubashi trolls to seize as much land as possible and expand your power. The Horde will help you with this.
To be DecidedWho will this be? Forsaken? Draenei? Night Elves. Let me know what you think.
DwarvesFrom the mechanical fires of Iron Forge, the Bronzebeards make plans to retake the Kingdom of Khaz Modan in it's entirety. In Aerie Peak, the Wildhammer Dwarves seek to aid the Dwarven people in any way they can. Force out the Twilight's Hammer, the Dark Horde and any one else who threatens your peace. Bring the Gnomes back into the fold and then your Tanks and Flying Machines will gun down all before them.

Your main ally is Stormwind, and you share a common situation, one large enemy (the Dark Horde) with another faction on the rise (Fel Horde for Stormwind) and the Twilight's Hammer for you. Should you fall beneath their onslaught, perhaps the Dark Iron's would be willing to take the mantle of the primary Dwarven people.
Alliance ExpeditionWork In Progress.
Kul TirasWork In Progress.
The HordeWork In Progress.

attachment.php

219951-albums6438-picture77853.png
219951-albums6438-picture77946.png
219951-albums6438-picture87267.png
219951-albums6438-picture87281.png

DEMO VERSION
This is a demo version with only Stormwind and the Dark Horde being playable, it is to test a few features and make sure the basic framework works. Ignore the loading screen, this map is based off of Azeroth Wars but only for the map size; everything else is scratch made. A credits list will follow soon.
Project Team
I, Footman16, am working on this map as a personal project. I consider myself quite proficient at the Editor in a general sense, and so will be terraining and making all the tech-trees myself. The triggers, however, whilst made by me, I would seek to find someone to clean them up and make them as good as possible since if there is one thing I am not too good at it is making triggers for a multiplayer map.

Attachments

• Eastern Kingdoms War in the South.jpg
    Eastern Kingdoms War in the South.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 2,167
  • 76X1WT1QZBO01414130446203.jpg
    76X1WT1QZBO01414130446203.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,971
  • PVM8UCFWA1NQ1321645189693.jpg
    PVM8UCFWA1NQ1321645189693.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 1,944
Last edited:

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

It's nice to see more maps of this type. The terrain looks good so far, keep it up.

Well, I don't know how far the map will stretch, I've not finished the terrain, if there aren't enough Forsaken zones then I won't add them, if I can make the map reach Northern Lordaeron then there's a very high chance they will be added.

@Imperator Thank you very much. I need a lot of motivation to keep these things going but now that I've got a lot of free time I hope to kick this project into overdrive.

UPDATE
I've been doing some more terraining in the Blasted Lands and a lots more work on the tech-trees, including some triggers mainly for Stormwind's events. I've finished Surwich though, in-game who knows how it'll work.

I'm always open to suggestions and questions. I'll also be updating the front page consistently.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-06-03 at 15.25.54.png
    Screen shot 2015-06-03 at 15.25.54.png
    925.6 KB · Views: 1,899
Intresting.... im looking at every single update of this project

When will a beta be aviable?

Hmmm, I can't say for certain. Depends upon how soon Outland is finished. All I know is that it will be difficult space-wise.

Update-wise, I've been doing more work on the Blasted Lands. Almost finished with that area.

Last edited:
Level 20
Looks very interesting indeed! Keep it up =)

About the undecided faction, what about the Steamwheedle cartel? They have strong footholds in SSV and Swamp of sorrow, and besides, goblins pwn!! Problem is that they are neutral and don't actually get involved in any battles, except versus bloodsail pirates, so I don't know if it would fit with your gameplay.

Looks very interesting indeed! Keep it up =)

About the undecided faction, what about the Steamwheedle cartel? They have strong footholds in SSV and Swamp of sorrow, and besides, goblins pwn!! Problem is that they are neutral and don't actually get involved in any battles, except versus bloodsail pirates, so I don't know if it would fit with your gameplay.

Hmm, now that's quite a unique idea but there isn't much room left for imports either so there's also that but I'll see. A lot of it will depend on the map size; how far it stretches.

Level 9
Mamamia! The undecided should be.....Dark Iron!! Make ta Wildhammer and Ironforge suffer!

Kul'Tiras...... its quite hard to make a techtree for this

Alliance Expedition?: isnt it supposed to be the Valiance expedition?

P.S: im a fan of ta Fel Horde, look at me avatar
U better make thm fancy and get their hellfire citadel to look evil..mmmmm :)

Mamamia! The undecided should be.....Dark Iron!! Make ta Wildhammer and Ironforge suffer!

Kul'Tiras...... its quite hard to make a techtree for this

Alliance Expedition?: isnt it supposed to be the Valiance expedition?

P.S: im a fan of ta Fel Horde, look at me avatar
U better make thm fancy and get their hellfire citadel to look evil..mmmmm :)

Dark Iron will be a path for the Dwarves, Kul Tiras will have a very navy/marine based tech-tree with sailors and whatnot.

The Alliance expedition are the Alliance forces on Draenor, the Valiance expedition were in Northrend which won't be appearing.

Thanks for the suggestions though and I'll be sure to make the Fel Horde powerful.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

The Alliance expedition are the Alliance forces on Draenor.

That's good, I thought they were just another name for ordinary Alliance. Otherwise they would be unnecessary with both Kul Tiras and Stormwind in the play.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Maybe you could make some neutral AI faction to control such areas.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Lordaerons Towns? Sounds like something the Scourge or Forsaken should have.

Well they will control any of those, but for the likes of Southshore, Tarren Mill, Menethil Harbour etc they are still in Lordaeron's control by the time my map starts.

Not quite Lordaeron since it has already been 'taken care of' by the Scourge.
More like swore loyalties to Stormwind since that would make more sense and that's how the lore is.

Oh and just coming by to wish you good luck with your project.

Not quite Lordaeron since it has already been 'taken care of' by the Scourge.
More like swore loyalties to Stormwind since that would make more sense and that's how the lore is.

Oh and just coming by to wish you good luck with your project.

Hmm, that is true, Stormwind are going to be the big bad faction with a lot of reach and power.

Also, the Blasted Lands are almost done, can't wait to get your verdict on the terrain.

EDIT: Here are The Red Reaches so far, not finished and the paths need a bit more detail to the top of the picture and to left there is very little decoration but that should be fixed once the entire region is finished, and the map can go back and fill out my doodad limit.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-06-07 at 16.37.37.png
    Screen shot 2015-06-07 at 16.37.37.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 366

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Try using Outland rocks/spires in redder areas to make it more corrupted-looking.

This, and be careful when mixing coastal decorations, which will probably be green, with all that redness deeper inland, as it might end up looking a bit messy if not done right. That is, if you plan to decorate them in such manner. If you don't, the terrain won't really suffer that much when it comes to aesthetics.

I like it so far.

Try using Outland rocks/spires in redder areas to make it more corrupted-looking.
Make some experimenting to see what fits best :)

I was originally going to go for Outland rocks and spires but they just didn't fit and based on the reference pictures were just a bit too red, all in all, barrens was better after I replaced all the Outland rocks. Believe me I did try them originally, thanks for the suggestions though.

Imperator said:
This, and be careful when mixing coastal decorations, which will probably be green, with all that redness deeper inland, as it might end up looking a bit messy if not done right. That is, if you plan to decorate them in such manner. If you don't, the terrain won't really suffer that much when it comes to aesthetics.

Coastal decorations would only be used on the sand but even then the coastal areas of the Blasted Lands just have ship wrecks a few shells and bones.

Chaosium said:
Could you consider increasing the size of the mountains a little? It looks like we can almost attack the naga coastal base while standing next to the dark portal^^
Looks promising anyway!

Sight blockers, and camera angles, they tend to work just fine :wink: but I will consider making them taller at least. All depends whether there's a problem in-game.

Level 20
Yeah if we can't make advantage of it, it should be just fine.

About the terrain, you're right, Outland doodads don't belong in the blasted lands ; actually, apart from the tainted scar in the southwestern corner, there's no corruption in the area. Speaking of which, I'm pretty excited to see how the tainted scar will look like in your map :>

Yeah if we can't make advantage of it, it should be just fine.

About the terrain, you're right, Outland doodads don't belong in the blasted lands ; actually, apart from the tainted scar in the southwestern corner, there's no corruption in the area. Speaking of which, I'm pretty excited to see how the tainted scar will look like in your map :>

It'll be like it is in the Cataclysm with the big tree, a corrupted Druid for Gilneas to kill and the demon in the northern part where Kazzak used to be (I forget his name) but he's kill able for some goodies.

Update
Mainly tech-tree work getting done, Stormwind is probably the most completed Faction with path work being started and most of their starting bases finished. I have been doing the terraining slowly but surely and to prove it here's a work in progress of the Tainted Forest:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-06-09 at 19.57.28.png
    Screen shot 2015-06-09 at 19.57.28.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 387
Level 20
This project looks really interesting!!
I will be keepin' an eye on this nugget.So far terrain looks good and oh boy.Dark hord!!!!!!!!!! This a unique aspect of this map.You don't get to see many maps with the Dark Hord as a playable race in them.

Level 11
I'd like to say something about this pic:

attachment.php

Don't you think that the 'mountain' between Zul'Gurub and the Blasted Lands it's too short? I mean, any siege weapon could fire through it. Not a major thing, but is bothersome never than less. Also, those BElf units looks kind of useless, 5 units can't do much to help Gilneas or Stormwind, at least not without a Barracks or something like that.
And that bridge to the gilnean base seens out of place, maybe a wooden bridge might look better.

Also, instead of putting Pathing Blockers all over the mountains, you could change the pathability of the Rock tile, to make it unwalkable.
Besides that, I'm loving the terrain so far, especially Stormwind, I have to say it even hating the Alliance xD

The mountains are bigger than they look, and I'll make sure there are safeguards, like LoS blockers. The unveil excursion will get a special building that can train troops, those 3 houses are just placeholders until I can make the place better. I'll see about that bridge.

As for your suggestion about the rock tile, I'll need to check out whether it messes with anything but thanks for the suggestions.

EDIT: Hey, Sylvie, how would I make the rock tile unwalkable?

Last edited:
Level 9
Still waitig for the hellfire ramparts, the furnace and Magtherions lair,
Also will it include the road of (something, forgot its name) between Honor Hold and Hellfire?
I want full scale war with demolishers firing and Bonechewer Grunts, Berserkers,Warlocks and raiders attacking the honour hold guards, cavalry and Archers..

P.S; can u pls give me link to download UNSWE,mines not working

Still waitig for the hellfire ramparts, the furnace and Magtherions lair,
Also will it include the road of (something, forgot its name) between Honor Hold and Hellfire?
I want full scale war with demolishers firing and Bonechewer Grunts, Berserkers,Warlocks and raiders attacking the honour hold guards, cavalry and Archers..

P.S; can u pls give me link to download UNSWE,mines not working

I've not started Outland unfortunately yet, lol, I'm stressing out about how I'm going to fit everything in; I want the terrain to be as accurate as possible down to a tee but obviously Outland has to be in it's own separate area and I don't know where would be best.

And as I hope to make it as accurate as possible that road you mentioned should be in it.

Splub said:
I'd like to see some Forsaken/Undead. Project looks good so far, good luck, God Bless!

Thanks for the support, Forsaken will probably be the final choice but who knows, I appreciate all the support.

apcrabnightlive said:
UMSWE> Customize Tile Pathability > Select the tile you want and then tick the boxes if you want it to be unbuildable, unwalkable or flyable. After that you restart the editor.

I don't have UMSWE, unfortunately, thanks for the help though.

Level 20
By the way, since your timeframe goes up to Cataclysm, is there a chance that we see Vashj'ir? Technically it belongs to the Eastern Kingdoms! :grin:

Joking, might be too difficult to implement. But yeah Forsaken would be great, they are still eager to claim back the EK!

Level 9
The ??? Faction Is still undecided???

"Pitiful" - Pit Lord

Possible factions....

Defias: Bandits, can become Dark Bandits or can turn to the ways of the light and become a band of renegade paladins

The Naga: Can go with the path of old gods or join the Illidari

The Goblins: Can join the dark horde or become part of the horde, uses mainly mechanical and mercanaries(Ogre Brawlers,Troll Berserker, Dark troll blooddrinkers and Mook Brusiers)

Ideas:

Gilneas can undergo the curse and can rejoin the alliance or become a horde of rampaging worgen

Kul'Tiras can find Pandaria and get Pandas or become pirates and raid!!!

Alliance expedition can get overrun by the fel orcs and get corrupted gaining reverse units(Paladins--》Deathknights, Archers--》Assasins and most famous Priests to Warlocks) or ifthe Alliance manages to get communication back, they may bolster back their power and hold the Fel Horde out

Trolls may join the dark horde too and become smolderthorns

Trolls are already in the Dark Horde, the Troll Empire won't be able to join.

Defias are already a path for Stormwind.

Blood Elves can gain Naga.

As for Goblins, they'll probably be in the map in some capacity and your ideas are also pretty cool, I'll cross each bridge when I come to it but it'll be a little while before I start work on Gilneas.

I doubt the Alliance Expedition will have a dark path, this isn't DaoW lol.

@Shadow Flux Thanks for the support.

@Chaosium Vashj'ir is possible, all depends upon how much space I've got to work with but I'd hope I could add it.

The Undecided race will probably be Forsaken but I don't want to confirm it until I myself know for sure what they'll have.

Level 11
It would be more fitting to be Forsaken, since they are one of the main factions in the EK. I mean, who's the Alliance Expedition compared to the Forsaken?! :v
Also, if you need any help with tech-tree or something like that, just ask me, I could give you some tips based on my campaign's abilities :v

EDIT: Hey, Sylvie, how would I make the rock tile unwalkable?

You have to use the JassNewGenPack 5d, and use the path that apcrabnightlive posted up there ^

It would be more fitting to be Forsaken, since they are one of the main factions in the EK. I mean, who's the Alliance Expedition compared to the Forsaken?

Obviously you have no idea what's the Alliance Expedition that remained on Draenor.
The Forsaken are just speckles of dust compared to the expedition.
Please read more about the subject before making such questions/suppositions.

The Expedition makes more sense to appear when compared to the Forsaken since they're more involved with the Southern part of the Eastern Kingdom since the Second War.

See my point?

I'm afraid that I don't know what you're actually trying to prove there.

If you're trying to outmaneuver me in terms of lore then I can assure you that you'll not be successful.
The Forsaken are mostly cut off when it comes to the lore of Southern EK while the Alliance Expedition is the opposite therefore it makes sense for it to appear or at least play a part as a faction surrounding that region.
Take for example Kurdran Wildhammer, he came back from Outland/Draenor to deal with the Twilight situation(that proves that the Expedition or what's left of it play a closer role with Southern EK than the Forsaken will ever do).

Now I'm not dictating what faction/s should/shouldn't be added but I'm pointing out what lore-wise could be more accurate and/or possible/viable.

I'm afraid that I don't know what you're actually trying to prove there.

If you're trying to outmaneuver me in terms of lore then I can assure you that you'll not be successful.
The Forsaken are mostly cut off when it comes to the lore of Southern EK while the Alliance Expedition is the opposite therefore it makes sense for it to appear or at least play a part as a faction surrounding that region.
Take for example Kurdran Wildhammer, he came back from Outland/Draenor to deal with the Twilight situation(that proves that the Expedition or what's left of it play a closer role with Southern EK than the Forsaken will ever do).

They're both as valid as each other in my eyes and Forsaken will probably appear but as I've said before it all depends upon how far the map will stretch :ogre_rage: which will probably be to Southshore.

Twilight and the Old Gods will be a major faction and the equivalent of Lordaeron: The Aftermath's Scourge with the ability to access Deathwing.

EDIT: Haven't been able to write up Stormwind's tech-tree for this thread as I've been ironically too busy working on the map itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.