• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Di et Humani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
DI et HUMANI
-------------------------------------------------
Gods and Humans

Introduction:

Me and karland had an idea of makinga game of gods. it is like a game of politics:
Some players are gods (5) and others are humans (7). the humans are just the usual kingdoms of humans fighting each other endlessly for power and territories. Like in aoe for example
Gods get power from faith. They get faith from humans (like votes for politicians). Humans can choose who they will give their faith to. Gods can give promises (and NOT keep them if they dont want to) just in order to get more power. This can include some level of rp [for example: "I am god of destruction and my ambition is to destroy all of human kind, but i will promise my subjects that i will grant them a well of plenty, to get more power and to spawn demons to destroy this world."]
The people could invest their faith into the prophecies of different gods. High levels of customisability would be good too: Buildings and priests of a Swedish heavy metal god of death (lol) would look different from those of a classical greek god. A player could also assume the identity of a god from some popular series/movies/anime (Lord Jashin from Naruto xD)

Some ideas of what the gods could do:
Lighting - Gods have to have the choice to hit people with lightning. really cheap smite in meaning of faith.
Plague - Infect the enemies with the deadly plague, whoever they come in contact with will be infected in turn.
The Egiptian plagues from the Book of Moses (bible)
Summon the avatar of the GOD him/her/itself.
Summon the GOD INTO THE MORTAL WORLD!!! - would require really much faith and would be done by humans.
The god could use the faith to bless units, summon mythical creatures, create magical items (all of w3 items are enugh magical to be from out of the mortal world).

Also we had an idea of an interesting chat system: only gods could use the usual chat :) Olympian chat). The humans could talk to each other via the help of commands:) "-Red: did you see that?"). Gods could only communicate with humans only with oracles - Each GOD would have an oracle (<- customisable appearance&stuff). A human would have to seek out the oracle to talk to a god. Maybe gods can talk to humans without any limitations?

Also,(lolz) since karland has been annoyed by the illogicalness of age of empires and similar games, where you go and destroy all of the enemy units in order to win a territory(genocide everywhere), then we came up with the idea of villages/towns where villagers/peasants will live. When a nation conquers the village (by reducing the hp of the village to 0), the village will swear allegiance to the new master (All villagers will change owner). Villagers can be trained to different units (footmen, riflemen, oracles, priestesses, archers). Each time the number of the villagers from that certain village drops, new villagers will be "born".
Not sure about naval forces though (would take too many villagers for each ship, to make it logical).

Ideally AI for humans would be implemented.

The game will hopefully be highly customisable to offer pleasure to all wannabe gods :)

The name can be changed, when better ideas emerge.

This thread is for suggestions and ideas! :)

karland90 and eesti17

Level 9
this could be a nice combination of RP and strategy, original idea, +rep

idea: you already have plague, but I think you should add every possible natural disaster for the gods to use(earthquakes, tornados, vulcano eruptions, tsunamis, etc)

Level 14
Good idea. Original, I would like to play it. It's a bit like Titan Land though : A god controls humans that fight as usual for dominating. But this one has many gods, which is nice.
Good luck.

Level 14
Oh well, I'm not perfect in english, but heard it as traits.. :eek: Okay then. [/offtopic]

[ontopic] Tell me, can gods modify terrain ? shape it, something like that? And give hero gifts and other things to humans? If yes, I would play this endlessly... If not, I would still do.

Level 14
? No way. Gods can talk with anyone, humans can w/e only talk by using messagers. Like, getting some unit called messager, and bring it to other human's base to communicate with him, or use a command that reduces some of your gold (for message tax)

Level 5
? No way. Gods can talk with anyone, humans can w/e only talk by using messagers. Like, getting some unit called messager, and bring it to other human's base to communicate with him, or use a command that reduces some of your gold (for message tax)

Okay, I will concede that, but on the other hand, consider who talks to a king, versus who talks to a god, and whom the king talks to, and whom the god talks to.

Gods generally choose a single messenger, while kings generally send vast hordes of them. Kings generally talk to the masses, while gods usually only talk to a single individual and expect them to spread the message.

But meh, your map, your design choice. (the "your" referring to the mapmakers, not you as an individual Herian ;))

Edit: By the way, contact lobster and ask him to show you the chat system in his murder map. It's pretty sweet.

Level 14
Hmm, karland told me I can almost test this. But will it feature the gods? And will they have the possibility to do what you've said?
If you want, I could test this with you, Karland, and my Garena account, by the way, is Herian, simple and effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.