• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Destroyer (Remake)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
The Destroyer ORPG (Remake)

201832-albums5756-picture60708.jpg

Bad News
After a long time, I have currently ended The Destroyer indefinitely, since I have lost interest in working on anything big for World Editor, for now.

Good News
I am going to be leaving The Destroyer attached to this post, and this shall be added to my signature. The reason for this is because it shall be a resource for map makers to use, so any triggering or abilities you liked feel free to use, and no crediting is needed.
However, I am allowing anyone interested in this game to continuing making it and releasing as their own game, just PM me and I shall gladly give it to you if no one else has asked.

Sorry for the fans of the game, and not being able to deliver what I promised.

Attachments

• Destroyer (Remake) v1.3.w3x
    858.2 KB · Views: 97
  • Destroyer (Remake) v1.3b.w3x
    826.3 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Level 10
Some spells of the Summoner, Hunter and Rogue, are very similar, but they have completely different gameplay overall. The hunter was not meant to be, but my friend really wanted a multishot archer.
I will change the hero abilities if you want me too

Thanks for positive feedback :)

Last edited:
Level 10
More heroes and items:thumbs_up:

Item wise, definately will be, I am in half minds about adding in an item combiner, where someone can create cross items "sword + shield = sword and shield" just for an example, because i havent seen many RPGs do that. Also more dungeons more loot

Hero wise, 6 will be max, due to it being a 4 player game, and map size that I set it at, and future story *hint hint*

Level 4
Item wise, definately will be, I am in half minds about adding in an item combiner, where someone can create cross items "sword + shield = sword and shield" just for an example, because i havent seen many RPGs do that. Also more dungeons more loot

Hero wise, 6 will be max, due to it being a 4 player game, and map size that I set it at, and future story *hint hint*

Oh i see but add the ITEM COMBINER its gonna be goood!

Level 4
Wow this game rocks! Reached Lv 15 and I was fighting through the twisted forest but Wow its hard.....The summoner always rans out of HP when I enter the forest. When I reach high lvls in game that only means I enjoy the game so much! Keep it up, CroMoX!:thumbs_up:

Level 10
subscribed.

Thanks, I'm glad to see supporters =D

Wow this game rocks! Reached Lv 15 and I was fighting through the twisted forest but Wow its hard.....The summoner always rans out of HP when I enter the forest. When I reach high lvls in game that only means I enjoy the game so much! Keep it up, CroMoX!

Haha yeah the Twisted Forest is a very long endurance dungeon, its not hard really, its just long. I did it by myself as the summoner, but it is harder. Hunter is the hardest to solo with, but is the strongest at high levels, with auto attacks.

The next dungeon isn't as long, but the creatures are going to be harder, so it makes the skill level required just as high

Last edited:
Level 4
Thanks, I'm glad to see supporters =D

Haha yeah the Twisted Forest is a very long endurance dungeon, its not hard really, its just long. I did it by myself as the summoner, but it is harder. Hunter is the hardest to solo with, but is the strongest at high levels, with auto attacks.

The next dungeon isn't as long, but the creatures are going to be harder, so it makes the skill level required just as hard.

I like mostly for now is the Summoner because of his skill mostly the Artic Blast, you can spam it and spam. Well, Ill play it with my Dad right now and Ill use other hero.

Level 10
I like mostly for now is the Summoner because of his skill mostly the Artic Blast, you can spam it and spam. Well, Ill play it with my Dad right now and Ill use other hero.

Yeah, I made the arctic blast to be like that, hes my favourite as well due to the spam.

Just note the quests are bugged, and ive fixed them, but not releasing yet till I have tested the new version. Got lots of new stuff in it :)

Level 4
Yeah, I made the arctic blast to be like that, hes my favourite as well due to the spam.

Just note the quests are bugged, and ive fixed them, but not releasing yet till I have tested the new version. Got lots of new stuff in it :)

Tried the Rogue! In the starting, shes to weak but when reached lvl 10+...I was WOW.... Keep up the game man! Would love to see the next update!

Level 10
Rogue at the start, weak? No way, her attacks are but the glaive storm is very strong. She and the holy knight are the best early game farmers.

Next update is a lot better, the terrain was a bit iffy, but I like it now

Edit: If you look in the main post, under updates, and in games, it gives a basic idea of the changes to the new version

Level 4
Rogue at the start, weak? No way, her attacks are but the glaive storm is very strong. She and the holy knight are the best early game farmers.

Next update is a lot better, the terrain was a bit iffy, but I like it now

Edit: If you look in the main post, under updates, and in games, it gives a basic idea of the changes to the new version

Played with my dad he used HK and I used Rogue....AND WOW they are a great combination! But I prefer Rogue and Summoner....spmmer and killer!

Level 10
Hello Everyone, to all the fans (Yeah all 2 of you xP), I have updated my game to v1.1

To download it, go to the original thread, and it will be at the bottom, where attachments is.

The Destroyer (Remake) v1.1 (Out Now)
- Save/Load System
- New Region
- New Dungeon
- New Items
- New Quests
- Fix Quests
- Increases ability levels
- Balancing to Champions/Units/Items
- Changed location of potions to the fountain.

Hope you like the new version, and as always let me know if there is anything wrong with it, or future ideas. =D

Level 4
Hello Everyone, to all the fans (Yeah all 2 of you xP), I have updated my game to v1.1

To download it, go to the original thread, and it will be at the bottom, where attachments is.

The Destroyer (Remake) v1.1 (Out Now)
- Save/Load System
- New Region
- New Dungeon
- New Items
- New Quests
- Fix Quests
- Increases ability levels
- Balancing to Champions/Units/Items
- Changed location of potions to the fountain.

Hope you like the new version, and as always let me know if there is anything wrong with it, or future ideas. =D

Hmm.... New version! Will test it out. I just started computering.lol

Level 4
THE DESTROYER 1.1 REVIEW!
Okay, played Destroyer for so long and maybe Ill create a game review for this even I suck at it.... So here's what I think about your game:

MAP CREATIVITY: 31/40

TERRAIN: 14/20

TRIGGERS: 15/20

HEROES: 11/20

TOTAL: 71/100

SCORE SCREEN:
If...
you got 0 points = 0/5 ratings and NO REP!
you got 1-20 points = 1/5 ratings and NO REP!
you got 21-40 points = 2/5 ratings and NO REP!
you got 41-60 points = 3/5 ratings and +1 REP!
you got 61-80 points = 4/5 ratings and +1 REP!
you got 81-100 points = 5/5 ratings and either +1 REP or +2 REP!

So... you got 71 points! 4/5 and a +REP, my friend. I know it is too early to review your game but this review is for v1.1 of your game ONLY!

And for your HEROES.... you got 11 because there are few heroes... I think it will be more enjoyable if you add more....just 2 or 3 heroes will do. For the skills of hero, well made!:thumbs_up:

Level 10
Yeah, Cromox's Destroyer is so cool. It gives me a different feeling that thrills me to explore more of the game! The weapons you can buy in merchant is not that good but Dungeon items are heck awesome!:thumbs_up:

Well buying items is mostly only meant to be for early game, but i am trying to expand items, so their will be more options

Level 10
Hello everyone my last update on v1.2 was problematic, since my new hero had some slight errors and malfunctions with the code for it, so I'm releasing again, with v1.2a, sorry for inconvenience.

- New Hero
- Enchant System
- Balancing To Heroes/Monsters
- Fixed Bugs and Texts
- Changed teleporter style
- New Items
- Icons for Quests

Hope you like the new version, and as always let me know if there is anything wrong with it, or future ideas, I LOVE TO HEAR FROM EVERYONE! =D

Last edited:
Level 4
THE DESTROYER v1.2a REVIEW:
Played v1.2a and I must say lots of improvement! SO here's my review:

MAP CREATIVITY: 34/40

TERRAIN: 15/20

TRIGGERS: 18/20

HEROES: 15/20

TOTAL: 82/100

Well.... you know the SCORE SCREEN!

You got 82 out of 100! 5/5 and +2 REP! Well, I can only give 1 so ill spread more and give you another REP.

I like the new enchant system and I include it on my TRIGGER review. That's why its 18/20! The heroes, YAY! New hero but add 1 more.

That's all I have to say! Keep up the good work, Cromox!:thumbs_up:

Level 5
Some thoughts after an initial play of your map (finished the tutorial area and got to Pieran on the Light Warrior, or whatever he is called!):

- Terrain is good, if a little repetitive at points. As the others have said, the good ol' blizzard terrain is nice :)
- The starting quests are hard at level 1, I had to run back to the fountain twice for the first pack, even using his abilities! This dragged the fight out quite a bit and made it less enjoyable; though a challenge is always nice. Once he got to higher levels, however, his AoE light stomp ability was destroying entire camps in one use, and thus made everything apart from the bosses mega easy.
- Doom Bringer seemed a bit too powerful!
- I could accept the tutorial quests more than once; intended?
- I could not accept the first quest in Pieran :(
- Perhaps you should remove the quest marker special effect after the quest is taken/finished?
- I love the dungeon-ish style thing you have going on, it's good fun! The map you have is too small for many more areas, is it going to be a campaign or just a very small map?

Overall, like the concept and the map itself, though it needs a little fine tuning here or there the current content ;)

Good luck!

Level 10
Some thoughts after an initial play of your map (finished the tutorial area and got to Pieran on the Light Warrior, or whatever he is called!):

- Terrain is good, if a little repetitive at points. As the others have said, the good ol' blizzard terrain is nice :)
- The starting quests are hard at level 1, I had to run back to the fountain twice for the first pack, even using his abilities! This dragged the fight out quite a bit and made it less enjoyable; though a challenge is always nice. Once he got to higher levels, however, his AoE light stomp ability was destroying entire camps in one use, and thus made everything apart from the bosses mega easy.
- Doom Bringer seemed a bit too powerful!
- I could accept the tutorial quests more than once; intended?
- I could not accept the first quest in Pieran :(
- Perhaps you should remove the quest marker special effect after the quest is taken/finished?
- I love the dungeon-ish style thing you have going on, it's good fun! The map you have is too small for many more areas, is it going to be a campaign or just a very small map?

Overall, like the concept and the map itself, though it needs a little fine tuning here or there the current content ;)

Good luck!

Thank you for downloading and testing my game, and I'm glad you have gotten back to me about some queries about my game.

Let me note this is a 4 player game, and not a single player, and dungeons are intending for team work, not solo

- Doom Bringer is meant to be powerful, because its a 4 player game, and I want him to involve challenge and strategy between people.

- Most quests, are repetative, for example Satyr Massacre Level 1 - 5 (repetitive quest), so the animation will not go away. Also I don't want to remove the animation, since another person may not have done the quest or can repeat it again.
So make sure you read the yellow text when accepting, that states if they are repetitive or not.

- If you cannot except a quest, do the following; in-game go, Quests (F9), then scroll down the right hand side till you reach, Quest Levels. This contains all the quest levels. If you are lower than the level you cannot except, if you are higher you cannot accept or hand in a quest (Gay I know).

- The map size, is fine for me, since I'm the only one working on it, and I this has taken me some time to get back into the gist of WE, so this is a medium size project. It will not be a campaign, but it be a small ORPG, that does involve a main quest to complete, but completing it will not finish the game, since it's an ORPG.

- Now the Holy Knight =D, he is able to one shot camps with his Holy Slam, until Pieran, and bosses. The reason its so strong is because it's high cooldown, high mana cost nuke. (I have been in the process of many balances).

Thank you for your comment, I hope this gave you some clarification, and just remember when playing this game, when something is hard, it is recommended for 2-4 people.

Level 9
Okay, this is my beta improvement suggestions:

Quest Level indicator near the unit. Yes, I saw that on the quest, but usually n00bs do not look at the quest (F9), so I recommend using Floating text. ( Like in the Paladin, I spent a few seconds trying to get the quest, then realizing it must be Lvl 7 ).

Decreasing EXP. Ok, I got to lvl 10 in satyrs ( Large and small ), and realized I should be farming at murlocs. Decrease the exp, or increase the levels of other mobs.

Say that other skills are channeling. I mean, I almost thought the static storm (summoner) was useless.

Remove the Tome of Knowledge. Messing with stats especially at ORPGs making PVP unbalanced, because you have a upperhand when you farmed alot for tomes.

Make sure that the -enter does NOT take any creep along with the character, I tested it in the twisted forest and collected some mobs, and when I typed -enter, creeps came along with me, so make sure that it has a checking condition.

When you enter a town after killing some mobs, make sure that it will regenerate the HP of the mob that was damaged.

Showing Cooldown will be nice.

Well, if you are done reading the beta improvement, here's a beta review.

Guidelines:
Each aspect: Gameplay, Replayablity, Terrain, Plot, Miscellaneous scores vary from 1-20 points.

< 30 - Horrible, recommended for severe remaking
31 - 50 - Fair, Can be improved
51 - 75 - Good, but still room for enhancement
>76 - Awesome, almost everything is great!

Gameplay
Needs improvement. A cliche ORPG that uses simple modifications on Blizzard, though some are custom so I feel a room of improvement on spells. In creeps well, I can see they are well balanced ( they are hard in Single Player, and I know that it must be played with a party. ). Dungeon system is fun, but getting the items was BLOODY EASY. I recommend that you will have a upgrade on how many you items you can see after a dungeon run ( ex. 1 item, if you buy this upgrade on a particular merchant, the items will become 2,3, etc. )
Replayability
Maybe replayable, because of variation of classes, it will be interesting to play the game again, although after that it may be the end of playing the map. Well, although it will have no Hybrid gaming type, this may be the one that will have the fast RPG type.
Terrain

A fair terrain, needs a few doodads here and there. You use the raise and lower terrain tools quite nicely. Although still beta, the towns ( especially tutorial town ) is, well, empty.
Plot
Ah, a world filled in danger! How exciting! Yes, you said this on the thread, but how about in the game? You said it will be done after the second town was finished ( which it is ), It will make people question after Why am I doing this? And where did this monsters came from?, if they haven't read your thread. So maybe a cinematic will be nice.
Miscellaneous
Quests are simple kill and reward type, dungeon systems are simple, items are quite overpriced, but the enchant system was quite nice and fresh.
Verdict
Overall a fast RPG with a big room for improvement, especially some points in the game.
60/100
-Da Fist-

Last edited:
Level 5
Thank you for downloading and testing my game, and I'm glad you have gotten back to me about some queries about my game.

Let me note this is a 4 player game, and not a single player, and dungeons are intending for team work, not solo

- Doom Bringer is meant to be powerful, because its a 4 player game, and I want him to involve challenge and strategy between people.

- Most quests, are repetative, for example Satyr Massacre Level 1 - 5 (repetitive quest), so the animation will not go away. Also I don't want to remove the animation, since another person may not have done the quest or can repeat it again.
So make sure you read the yellow text when accepting, that states if they are repetitive or not.

- If you cannot except a quest, do the following; in-game go, Quests (F9), then scroll down the right hand side till you reach, Quest Levels. This contains all the quest levels. If you are lower than the level you cannot except, if you are higher you cannot accept or hand in a quest (Gay I know).

- The map size, is fine for me, since I'm the only one working on it, and I this has taken me some time to get back into the gist of WE, so this is a medium size project. It will not be a campaign, but it be a small ORPG, that does involve a main quest to complete, but completing it will not finish the game, since it's an ORPG.

- Now the Holy Knight =D, he is able to one shot camps with his Holy Slam, until Pieran, and bosses. The reason its so strong is because it's high cooldown, high mana cost nuke. (I have been in the process of many balances).

Thank you for your comment, I hope this gave you some clarification, and just remember when playing this game, when something is hard, it is recommended for 2-4 people.

D'oh! I had forgotten that it was intended as a multiplayer map and was thus balanced for it! Ignore the balancing and special effect criticisms in that case :)

Although, may I suggest a dialog at the beginning for the game's leader, with: 'Easy, Medium, Hard'. Easy would be recommended for 1-2 players, medium for 2-3, and hard for 3-4. If they chose easy, the mob's health and damage would be reduced (i.e. replace the mobs on the map with easier variants or find some other way to do it). Another way of doing this is to detect how many players are playing and spawn the correct difficulty of mobs to compensate for this.

Using the method above, a person would be able to sit back and play on his own, as well as then joining up with friends to play it, but the difficulty would scale with each new player so it was neither too hard or too easy :)

Level 9
D'oh! I had forgotten that it was intended as a multiplayer map and was thus balanced for it! Ignore the balancing and special effect criticisms in that case :)

Although, may I suggest a dialog at the beginning for the game's leader, with: 'Easy, Medium, Hard'. Easy would be recommended for 1-2 players, medium for 2-3, and hard for 3-4. If they chose easy, the mob's health and damage would be reduced (i.e. replace the mobs on the map with easier variants or find some other way to do it). Another way of doing this is to detect how many players are playing and spawn the correct difficulty of mobs to compensate for this.

Using the method above, a person would be able to sit back and play on his own, as well as then joining up with friends to play it, but the difficulty would scale with each new player so it was neither too hard or too easy :)

And deduct EXP when on Easy and + EXP when on hard!

Level 10
Decreasing EXP. Ok, I got to lvl 10 in satyrs ( Large and small ), and realized I should be farming at murlocs. Decrease the exp, or increase the levels of other mobs.

I don't understand what you mean by farming murlocs. There is only two camps with them, just for a tiny bit of variety, so you really shouldn't be farming. To compromise I will lower the EXP rate a tad.

Remove the Tome of Knowledge. Messing with stats especially at ORPGs making PVP unbalanced, because you have a upperhand when you farmed alot for tomes.

When you save and load the stats do not get saved. The only point of this is if your team is not strong enough to run a late game dungeon. The tome rate may be reduced.

When you enter a town after killing some mobs, make sure that it will regenerate the HP of the mob that was damaged.

Only dungeon creeps are meant to regenerate health.

Ah, a world filled in danger! How exciting! Yes, you said this on the thread, but how about in the game? You said it will be done after the second town was finished ( which it is ), It will make people question after Why am I doing this? And where did this monsters came from?, if they haven't read your thread. So maybe a cinematic will be nice.

The second town is finished, but the content is not, one more quest will be added in, this will be the starting quest to what is going on, also another dungeon will be coming, so the second region is not quite complete.

Everything else will be added in, as suggested.

I'm not sure about this, sounds good, but it will be the last thing I do, if I add it, because of the immense coding. It will make my ORPG unique compared to others if I implement this, so it is a very good suggestion, and might add it, later on.

Thank you for your comments, I will be looking at these constantly as I update my game, and considering them.

Level 4

I don't understand what you mean by farming murlocs. There is only two camps with them, just for a tiny bit of variety, so you really shouldn't be farming. To compromise I will lower the EXP rate a tad.

When you save and load the stats do not get saved. The only point of this is if your team is not strong enough to run a late game dungeon. The tome rate may be reduced.

Only dungeon creeps are meant to regenerate health.

The second town is finished, but the content is not, one more quest will be added in, this will be the starting quest to what is going on, also another dungeon will be coming, so the second region is not quite complete.

Everything else will be added in, as suggested.

I'm not sure about this, sounds good, but it will be the last thing I do, if I add it, because of the immense coding. It will make my ORPG unique compared to others if I implement this, so it is a very good suggestion, and might add it, later on.

Thank you for your comments, I will be looking at these constantly as I update my game, and considering them.

Seriously when you added this Difficulty System.... it will really not make your game unique because many games here has those too or should I say I have seen many games with Difficulty System. But when you implement this, it will add more awesome factor in your game!:thumbs_up:

Level 10
Currently working on v1.2b, Allain55x it doesn't deserve a review no big changes. This version will involve some user friendly texts for quests, balancing to creeps, EXP, and heroes ability text improvements, and ability balancing.

Level 17
bosses are just creeps with more hp and dmg, there is noting challenging like custom abilities ect..
terrain is decent actually i guess you can remove the creep camps from the minimap
you might want to consider adding a dds for player dps dmg for spells, for all of the damage on your map really.
enchanting items is pretty cool
hero abilities seem well balanced
map is pretty good just needs a bit more content

Level 10
bosses are just creeps with more hp and dmg, there is noting challenging like custom abilities ect..

I have added spells to bosses, but I will be adding a few more for extra difficulty and challenge

you might want to consider adding a dds for player dps dmg for spells, for all of the damage on your map really

Could you explain what dds is? I've never heard of that before

Thank you for your comment, I appreciate it =D

Level 10
dds is damage detection system it makes it easier to trigger damage in your map, triggering damage yourself is going to give you more controll over the damage in your map. you can make custom "orb effects" custom criticals, custom evasion just to name a few

Thank you for the clarification, I have seen a few dds's, so I will try to learn them

Level 10
Hello everyone I have released the new version of my game The Destroyer (Remake) v1.2b, which features some new changes, which make the game more user friendly.

The Destroyer (Remake) v1.2b (OUT NOW!)
- Balancing to Item/Monsters/Heroes
- Added information to abilities
- New Boss abilities
- Tiny terrain change
- Cinematic
- Quest Indicator

I have some half bad new for everyone, I will not be as regularly updating my game, and working on it as much as I would hope during these school holidays, since I'm helping a friend with his very first game, which is a Defence game, so I will try to work on my game every now and then. I still hope to here from everyone, and will still regularly check The Hiveworkshop.

Last edited:
Level 4
Hell everyone I have released the new version of my game The Destroyer (Remake) v1.2b, which features some new changes, which make the game more user friendly.

The Destroyer (Remake) v1.2b (OUT NOW!)
- Balancing to Item/Monsters/Heroes
- Added information to abilities
- New Boss abilities
- Tiny terrain change
- Cinematic
- Quest Indicator

I have some half bad new for everyone, I will not be as regularly updating my game, and working on it as much as I would hope during these school holidays, since I'm helping a friend with his very first game, which is a Defence game, so I will try to work on my game every now and then. I still hope to here from everyone, and will still regularly check The Hiveworkshop.

Too Bad that you will not be updating the game regularly but helping a friend is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.