• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Escape / Maze] Day of Assassins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello,

another map from me, which is currently in Alpha Stage 0.5. :vw_wtf:

What is the map about?

The map is about 11 assassins, who get the task to kill a government representative. They have to sneak into the royal palace and find this particular person to win the game. Each player gets one assassin (assuming 11 players are participating in the game) with different abilities. Some are mages with lotsa spells, but others are mere melee fighters. You don't have shared vision with your teammates, but if a teammate leaves, his units are shared with you (or at least its supposed to work like this).

The Dungeon

As soon as the game starts, the 11 guys are trapped inside a dungeon, while the way towards the palace and also the way out are blocked by massive stones. They now have to find a way out, fighting Gnomes, spiders etc. Ultimatively, they find another entrance to the palace and can continue their original quest.

Items and Secrets

There are many items on the map, but they are well-hidden since they are represented using size-adjusting doodad models. There are two shops, which you can find lateron in the game. There is also a secret part of the cave, which to find and open (and to escape!) requires some skill.

Cinematics

I added a few cinematics, most of them appearing during the later stages of the game.

Attachments

• Caethros - Day of Assassinsremade.w3x
    298.9 KB · Views: 107
Level 3
Ye, I'm still ina pretty early development stage. I would like to show some screenshots, but I don't know, how to do this. I added the newest version in the appendix. :con:

Attachments

• Caethros - Day of Assassins 0.5.w3x
    303.6 KB · Views: 53
Level 10
You should probably add some highlighted hotkeys. It's kinda confusing using the abilities by clicking.
You can add screenshots with ["img](linkhere)["img] (Without the quotations, and to be specific the exact image link, not the album photo or something)
BB Codes here: BB Codes
It's also really hard to memorize all their abilities. You're going to make every unit have it's own owner right, not just red?
Also, when starting the game, show the player what the unit has in his hands. You can also add that in the description.
Hope I helped.

Level 3
Well ye, red does get control over all units, whose player spots arent taken, which means, if you test it alone, red will get all units. That's why everyone only has one unit to control, which isn't really much. To be honest, I think the game could be won by a single player.

Status
Not open for further replies.