• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] The Black Temple!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Okay, so I'm back and I am bringing a big map with me; The Black Temple will soon arrive at the gates of Hive and I hope you guys love it, so this is what it's all about:

[r]
Story:

Illidan's madness has reached a boiling point and no longer can the warriors of Azeroth stand and watch as he burns down towns and kill innocent people; he must be stopped!

After a long tiresome siege at the Black Temple gates, Azeroth armies has failed to breach it's front gates and they lost more people than they killed, but thanks to a misguided boulder thrown from Illidan's catapults, they breached a route through the southern battlement leading to the Black Temple sewers. Currently, Illidan's forces don't know about this route and so we must use it as soon as possible, three heroes of Azeroth finest are about to cut through the Black Temple Bowels and end Illidan's chaotic reign over Outland.

[r]

Features:

I worked hard at this map and I have quite a lot to show off:

1. Over 100 different types of units.
2.Every unit checked to match it's power back at the actual raid and to make the experience as most memorable as possible.
3.Over 300 custom spells which your enemy units will have their hands on.
4.Large and Complex AI system built for each unit(over 100 units!), so their battle will feel as true and real as it could.
5.Memorable Terrain.
6.Boss fights exactly as they were at The Burning Crusade and any TBC players will fell right at home.
7.Balanced, fair and extremely fun gameplay.
8.Has three different difficulties.
9.Can be played as single player and also as multiplayer and give you a great experience with both types.
10.All raid events and situations has been integrated and added to the game(from the gladiators fighting near Bloodboil to the charming blood elf ladies!).
11.Complete patrol system to make enemy patrols both dangerous and realistic.
12.Only 3 heroes to play with, so allowing you to focus on the use of a small range of heroes, which is much better compared to a large number of heroes, which you can't play with all of them quickly enough to survive the game quick pace.
13.The exact way in which the Black Temple is designed; the top view of my map matches perfectly to the top view of the actual raid.
14. Contains several imports to enhance the quality of the game, but still remain in small size.
and much more...

[r]

Examples Of The AI complexity:

Not yet convinced well these are simple examples, which are much more simply put than what the actual game holds.

-An AOE ability which will increase the damage of the units around the caster, will only be used when there is a good amount of units to receive the ability so it's used sufficiently rather than wasted on a unit or maybe two( if lucky ).
-A unit will use certain spells only when he needs them, the mana siphon spell will only be used when mana is critical, and the health siphon spell will only be used when the unit's health is low.
-A unit will cast divine shield to a friendly unit which will soon die, and it will choose the biggest and strongest of them so the most important unit is the one that is saved.
[r]

I hope you guys are excited about the game as I am, and stay tuned to this post for more info about the game.

Thank You!

Last edited:
Level 4
i'm not sure that making the boss fights exactly as they were in TBC is a good idea when you have only 3 heroes... if nothing else, teron will require some changes (otherwise the player might run out of heroes very quickly). Also, ashtongue defenders and council will be tricky to handle with a limited amount of tanks

Level 6
i'm not sure that making the boss fights exactly as they were in TBC is a good idea when you have only 3 heroes... if nothing else, teron will require some changes (otherwise the player might run out of heroes very quickly). Also, ashtongue defenders and council will be tricky to handle with a limited amount of tanks

No no, when I said "exactly" I meant to the limits of being possible, rest assured their will be no phases and abilities that truly make the entire game impossible, and I did not include several of the abilities that will be considered overpowered to the player, like for example; the Promade Sentinel ability to one shot kill a hero will not be even included in the map. So to sum up, the map will be like TBC but integrated to only 3 heroes not 25!

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
It looks nice at first glance but it's horribly hard to read centered text that consists of more than 2-3 words. (unless the font size is big)

I made a few quick changes, feel free to use it if you think it looks better.

Okay, so I'm back and I am bringing a big map with me; The Black Temple will soon arrive at the gates of Hive and I hope you guys love it, so this is what it's all about:

[r]
Story:

Illidan's madness has reached a boiling point and no longer can the warriors of Azeroth stand and watch as he burns down towns and kill innocent people; he must be stopped!

After a long tiresome siege at the Black Temple gates, Azeroth armies has failed to breach it's front gates and they lost more people than they killed, but thanks to a misguided boulder thrown from Illidan's catapults, they breached a route through the southern battlement leading to the Black Temple sewers. Currently, Illidan's forces don't know about this route and so we must use it as soon as possible, three heroes of Azeroth finest are about to cut through the Black Temple Bowels and end Illidan's chaotic reign over Outland.

[r]

Features:

2.Every unit checked to match it's power back at the actual raid and to make the experience as most memorable as possible.
4.Large and Complex AI system built for each unit(over 100 units!), so their battle will feel as true and real as it could.
5.Memorable Terrain.
6.Boss fights exactly as they were at The Burning Crusade and any TBC players will fell right at home.
9.Can be played as single player and also as multiplayer and give you a great experience with both types.
10.All raid events and situations has been integrated and added to the game(from the gladiators fighting near Bloodboil to the charming blood elf ladies!).
12.Only 3 heroes to play with, so allowing you to focus on the use of a small range of heroes, which is much better compared to a large number of heroes, which you can't play with all of them quickly enough to survive the game quick pace.
13.The exact way in which the Black Temple is designed; the top view of my map matches perfectly to the top view of the actual raid.
14. Contains several imports to enhance the quality of the game, but still remain in small size.
and much more...

[r]

Not yet convinced well these are simple examples, which are much more simply put than what the actual game holds.

-An AOE ability which will increase the damage of the units around the caster, will only be used when there is a good amount of units to receive the ability so it's used sufficiently rather than wasted on a unit or maybe two( if lucky ).
-A unit will use certain spells only when he needs them, the mana siphon spell will only be used when mana is critical, and the health siphon spell will only be used when the unit's health is low.
-A unit will cast divine shield to a friendly unit which will soon die, and it will choose the biggest and strongest of them so the most important unit is the one that is saved.
[r]

I hope you guys are excited about the game as I am, and stay tuned to this post for more info about the game.

Thank You!

[table][table][B][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Okay, so I'm back and I am bringing a big map with me; [/COLOR][COLOR="Lime"]The Black Temple[/COLOR][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"] will soon arrive at the gates of Hive and I hope you guys love it, so this is what it's all about:[/COLOR]

[r]
[U][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Cyan"]Story:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U]

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Illidan's madness has reached a boiling point and no longer can the warriors of Azeroth stand and watch as he burns down towns and kill innocent people; he must be stopped!

[/COLOR]

[r]

[U][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Cyan"]Features:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U]

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]I worked hard at this map and I have quite a lot to show off:
[indent]
1. Over [U]100[/U] different types of units.
3.Over [U]300 custom spells[/U] which your enemy units will have their hands on.
4.Large and Complex AI system built for [U]each[/U] unit(over 100 units!), so their battle will feel as true and real as it could.
5.Memorable Terrain.
6.Boss fights [U]exactly[/U] as they were at The Burning Crusade and any TBC players will fell right at home.
8.Has [U]three[/U] different difficulties.
9.Can be played as [U]single player and also as multiplayer[/U] and give you a great experience with both types.
10.[U]All[/U] raid events and situations has been integrated and added to the game(from the gladiators fighting near Bloodboil to the charming blood elf ladies!).
11.[U]Complete patrol system[/U] to make enemy patrols both dangerous and realistic.
12.Only [U]3 heroes[/U] to play with, so allowing you to focus on the use of a small range of heroes, which is much better compared to a large number of heroes, which you can't play with all of them quickly enough to survive the game quick pace.
13.The [U]exact way[/U] in which the Black Temple is designed; the top view of my map matches perfectly to the top view of the actual raid.
14. Contains several imports to enhance the quality of the game, but still remain in [U]small size[/U].
[/indent]
and much more...[/COLOR]

[r]

[U][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Cyan"]Examples Of The AI complexity:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U]

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Not yet convinced well these are simple examples, which are much more simply put than what the actual game holds.

[r]

Thank You![/COLOR][/B][/table][/table]

Level 6
It looks nice at first glance but it's horribly hard to read centered text that consists of more than 2-3 words. (unless the font size is big)

I made a few quick changes, feel free to use it if you think it looks better.

[r]
Story:

[r]

Features:

5.Memorable Terrain.
and much more...

[r]

[r]

Thank You!

[table][table][B][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Okay, so I'm back and I am bringing a big map with me; [/COLOR][COLOR="Lime"]The Black Temple[/COLOR][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"] will soon arrive at the gates of Hive and I hope you guys love it, so this is what it's all about:[/COLOR]

[r]
[U][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Cyan"]Story:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U]

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Illidan's madness has reached a boiling point and no longer can the warriors of Azeroth stand and watch as he burns down towns and kill innocent people; he must be stopped!

[/COLOR]

[r]

[U][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Cyan"]Features:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U]

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]I worked hard at this map and I have quite a lot to show off:
[indent]
1. Over [U]100[/U] different types of units.
3.Over [U]300 custom spells[/U] which your enemy units will have their hands on.
4.Large and Complex AI system built for [U]each[/U] unit(over 100 units!), so their battle will feel as true and real as it could.
5.Memorable Terrain.
6.Boss fights [U]exactly[/U] as they were at The Burning Crusade and any TBC players will fell right at home.
8.Has [U]three[/U] different difficulties.
9.Can be played as [U]single player and also as multiplayer[/U] and give you a great experience with both types.
10.[U]All[/U] raid events and situations has been integrated and added to the game(from the gladiators fighting near Bloodboil to the charming blood elf ladies!).
11.[U]Complete patrol system[/U] to make enemy patrols both dangerous and realistic.
12.Only [U]3 heroes[/U] to play with, so allowing you to focus on the use of a small range of heroes, which is much better compared to a large number of heroes, which you can't play with all of them quickly enough to survive the game quick pace.
13.The [U]exact way[/U] in which the Black Temple is designed; the top view of my map matches perfectly to the top view of the actual raid.
14. Contains several imports to enhance the quality of the game, but still remain in [U]small size[/U].
[/indent]
and much more...[/COLOR]

[r]

[U][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Cyan"]Examples Of The AI complexity:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U]

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Not yet convinced well these are simple examples, which are much more simply put than what the actual game holds.

[r]

Thank You![/COLOR][/B][/table][/table]

Thanks a lot for your help, and I just updated the post!

Level 10
This looks really promising, including with the sheer amount of units and abilities to provide fun gameplay (including with included AI, nice!)

Would you be able to give an insight on what the three heroes will be/play like? (Standard RPG? Unique?)

Status
Not open for further replies.