• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battle of Tectonica

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I do not mind flaming, but do keep in mind that i am a complete newbie at map making,This is basically a AoS map I've been working on recently and spent quite alot of time on, its a Warcraft lll vs Anime theme. it still has alot of bugs and many things still need to be fixed/added and probably isn't even in the alpha stage, i would appreciate if you would test my map and find bugs or suggestions to help improve my map. anyways i hope you have a fun time testing my map, GL and HF.

eeee....sorry for double post wanted to change thread name

----------------------Map is Unprotected-------------------------------

Story:
One day the heros of Warcraft lll were having at it at each other the usual way....Humans/Elf VS Orcs/Undead that was untill that day...... in the middle of their battle a portal appeared....and what came out of the portal was just unbelieveable...Anime. The world of Anime has invaded the world of Warcraft! and now the Orcs, Undead, Human, Elfs must defend their land at the plains of Tectonica!! and get rid of the anime invaders who has corrupted the undead outpost!

Warcraft lll Base/Heros
wc3scrnshot021010050931.jpg

Anime Base/Heros
wc3scrnshot021010051059.jpg

Currently looking for some help on:
Items
Balancing
Modes
Events

Thanks to these people so far:
@ US east: hypeBEAST.
@ US east: im_jesus
@ US east: Carvver
@ US east: Orc-X-Own
@ US east: SpamFTW

--=Soon 2 Come (this list is so i can remember what to add )=--
-Unique hero system
-inventory system
-more heros [done]
-random events to funk things up [10%]
-modes [10%]
-new terrain [done]
-rank up! system [done]
-smaller file size
-much much more!!

---==Edit==---
-fixed the towers at the back
-screen shots =D
-a few minor changes
---==Edit==---
deleted UI (made map hella smaller)
deleted wc3 unit models
added models to anime buildings
added models to anime units
changed a few descriptions
minor changes

---==Edit==---
New Terrain
More Heros
One Random Event [timer doesent work -_-']
Rank up system [a mode]
many small changes

Attachments

• Battle of Tectonica (1).zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Level 4
I only played it for a few minutes but I already have much to criticize. First of all the map is bloated with unneeded models of knights and footman which in my opinion are uglier than the blizzard models. Second, its kind of silly that almost all creeps die with one hit. Third, watch out that at least the creeps are balanced against each other (some undead where weaker than humans). 4th, You said this is all of Warcraft against Anime, but I only saw Humans against Undead. 5th, I only played the Paladin, but why did you make him a footman and then still gave him a spell where he uses his hammer (that I guess he forgot at home...). I didn't notice much more but that's because the first impression was kind of bad and so I stopped playing early.
P.S.: If it makes you feel better, my first AoS was as bad as yours

Level 4
First of all the map is bloated with unneeded models of knights and footman which in my opinion are uglier than the blizzard models.
Second, its kind of silly that almost all creeps die with one hit.
Third, watch out that at least the creeps are balanced against each other
(some undead where weaker than humans).
4th, You said this is all of Warcraft against Anime, but I only saw Humans against Undead.
5th, I only played the Paladin, but why did you make him a footman and then still gave him a spell where he uses his hammer
Fixed it all tyvm for feedback

Level 16
shadow487 do not double post :p. Also if you want some random events may i suggest tsunami's that can block out one lane therefore turning the spawn on that lane of the time being. If your using too much models or sounds that isn't necessary please delete as it'll affect the map size greatly. What is the trigger for your random event timer, I believe theres something wrong thats why it doesn't work.

Hope to see the full version some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.