• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Acheron

On which RPG Genre this project should be focused the most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
full

Acheron is a single player RPG under development by APproject. Game will be hopefully replayable 3 times as difficulty modes may bring slightly different experience.

Gameplay will be peculiar in its own way. Acheron offers the role of a melee warrior familiar to both, brute force and magic. Hero will grow by killing creeps in a traditional way, yet player will be presented with the choice of picking certain attribute. Attributes determines the course of abilities that will be acquired during the exploration of the world. There will be 3 difficulty levels, item drop will be affected by the difficulty as well as puzzles, boss fights and basic luck, drop of loot. Major items will have 4 of its versions, from common to legendary. The higher the difficulty, the higher chance to drop a better item. Game will contain custom vendor, talent tree menus and book system for even better experience and variable gameplay. Some areas or aspects of the game may be unavailable for lower difficulty.

Storyline is under development. It will be a custom plot with a slight fragment of greek mythology interpretation. Action may take place in the abode of the dead, underworld (Greek).

Update 2017-12-10
Expected release date: Unknown
Completed: 60 % (3 hours of gameplay or more)
Current size of the map: 153.5 MBs

cYacVwX.png

Qsqbbp1.png

5oXYp4e.png

gDyxUCa.png

ygILVeD.png

SIHa8ow.png

D3QiWv3.png

uCJo42h.png

VazQv8K.png

fOggaiZ.png

NOrEvrT.png

YXyvJoi.png

dsl9OJZ.png

fLO2TG0.png

2UDjt33.png

icwQl9Y.png

WQAr05F.png

Ft79ykI.png

wLi3LBq.png

J9agYu7.png

xQU5aIo.png

UyKoFfW.png
1. Custom UI
iVURR7b.png

2. Talent Tree System
3YdyJnQ.png

3. Vendor System
jXsMGbV.png

4. Interactive Book System
xTwgwpr.png

5. Loading Screen
6zKFG36.png

6. Armor tiers up to Tier 6
full

PATREON

Last edited:
Level 9
And the man strikes back after his latest flame!
I'll support this project no matter what.
But please, normal attack. Hate the kind of Iceborn "only spells, no normal attack" kind.

Level 31
Thank you for your support, didn't expect so many comments in the morning, hehe.

@sethmachine
I don't know, just took those and I guess it looks good. :)

@abdreariona
Well, greek mythology is really cool and it just appeared to be even cooler after reading up about it, almost from every fragment of greek mythology you can make a decent story interpretation. :) What do you mean by voice? It will be familiar to Iceborn in all aspects indeed, but I hope to push slightly harder this time. Not to expand and take two years making of course.

@nhs325
Since game will be divided into three parts, this white orc will be the main bad guy of Alpha version, rest versions will have their own bad guys. Main hero that player will control will be a cool vrykul model.

I am looking for a female voice actor for a massive amount of voice recordings. I should avoid making female characters due to difficulty to find someone to act for, but it would be a great addition this time. If anyone is or knows a female that would be willing to lend a hand or if someone is able to make female voice, I would truly appreciate it.

Level 8
You have great concept of the project here. I'm really excited to see another screenshots because you are godly terrainer.

I love underground maps and stuff and your project looks great.
I wish you best luck.

+rep4ya

Thanks, guys. :) It will be big, since I don't want to limit myself much, of course getting rid of animations would be cool, yet I never seem to succeed in doing this. But it should be much smaller than Iceborn.

Screw the size as long as it's good. To create the right atmosphere you need the right music, models and what not. Otherwise it will just feel half arsed.

Level 7
I would love to try this one also. If possible, give one-two beta release to me too :)

I read sth abt Greek Mythology. Fire giants, wolfs, Kraken, Medusa, etc and many more ideas u can take from Age of Myth too.

Level 14
I know this one will be great, your projects always end up well done. The terrain is looking good. I love the dark feel that it has. The skeleton models look really nice. Can't wait for more updates in August. Good luck!!

Level 6
Great idea, 1 hero with many different builds, it could be challenging though, anyway, I think you should focus more on the effect of the abilities instead of making too much simple abilities, since those spells we would be using for the whole game, so I think it's very important, but of course, don't neglect other aspects too

Level 31
Thank you, Veritas. :)

Hmm, talent system is rather complex to make and I really avoid making complex games, because it requires lots of time for players to learn, unless talent system itself would be simple enough. That would be cool if you could help, Chaosy. Do you need to have all talents written for you or you can make a basis and I could put anything I want into those talent spots?

I am aiming for 3 basic attribute builds and the only set of abilities, yet each ability will be dependant on all attributes, meaning each attribute influence a spell, so by picking certain attributes you will decide spell's characteristics, laserdemon. :)

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
You can go with the system Heroess of the storm use. Every time you level up you can choose one out of 3 talents. Each level has it's own unique talents. It's rather simple to code and it's simple to play with too.

simple compared to normal talent systems that is.

edit: that depends, if you want talents that enchant abilities I might need some info.

Level 6
You mean something like spell improving item in Iceborn? I understand the talent system is complex and it would take a long time, maybe few days just for the talent system. Maybe you could make something that players could choose, for example, str for tank, agi for dps and int for caster.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
An talent system is only hard to create in multiplayer to be honest. However it takes time if you want somewhat unique talents. If you only go with talents such as "deal 10% more damage with X" there's no problem. However if you can spec into abilities you need to code an ability for the talent system to be complete. You need at least one day to make an semi advanced spell. (not literary but it's not done in an hour)

and that's what he was planning before. I think..
I am aiming for 3 basic attribute builds and the only set of abilities, yet each ability will be dependent on all attributes, meaning each attribute influence a spell, so by picking certain attributes you will decide spell's characteristics, laserdemon. :)

Level 6
Maybe he wants to make like his previous RPG - Seth's Reign, player may choose their favorite abilities and create their own play style, but sadly, in that RPG the ultimate abilities are almost the same, just the special effect different, so maybe this RPG will improve this and make different ultimate abilities. About talents such as "deal 10% more damage with X", I think it's better if include the calculation even when casting spells would be better. I mean Spell Critical.

Level 31
Seth's Reign system of spells was a failure. This will be somewhat familiar to Iceborn, but more than Iceborn. I do not wish to reveal too much about it just yet as long as it hasn't formed completely. I will aim for more universal spells and not certain attribute spell as in Iceborn. A simple talent tree with not many branches would be nice and coding it with abilities is no big deal. I just would like to get a skeleton of tree and put anything I want there, since it may change within time.

Level 6
But I think Seth's Reign spell system quite nice, at least player can choose their favourite abilities. Anyway, I'll be looking forward to the new system. Good luck.

Level 6
Wow, that's great. And one more thing I forgot to mention, you could make something like multiple attributes other than strength, agility and intelligence such as constitution and wisdom

Level 31
Thanks. :) Here is another WIP of Talent Tree. I am satisfied with current progress so far.

There will be 4-5 talents more on each branch considering this version of the game will be alpha (30%), next versional may increase the pool. I will be going with 3 main attributes to rise: endurance, willpower and protection. I want to avoid another attributes because I want them visible on unit's stats and I can see only 3. I'd like to add an attribute like Luck, but it is impossible on single player.

I hope you guys like the talent tree so far. :)
9Fr2flb.png

Level 6
Is that warcraft 3? I was thinking which online game talent tree you showed, just 1 word to describe: AWESOME!

By the way, about the attributes, I agree it's better if they are visible on unit, however, for those optional attributes such as luck, I think if you like to, you could make a multiboard which shows the stats of the hero. You may also add in some profession such as mining, forging and crafting if they suit the theme of the game.

Level 31
Thanks. It is warcraft indeed. :) I learned to play with 2D art so I just put it towards my advantage. Thank you for your concern, laserdemon, but all those side abilities such as mining or crafting takes loads of coding and the world would not be open, but linear just like in Iceborn, so I would rather not load player with additional information that would require time to figure out and since warcraft 3 is quite dying, not many people would find it worth their time exploring deep enough.

Woah, coding that talent tree takes buttloads of time!

Level 6
Warcraft III is dying because they finished explored everything and no more new custom maps, even though there is, most of them are outdated and no longer update and incomplete. I think it's worth to spend a week just for a map.

Status
Not open for further replies.