• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] (3) Trellenwood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
HTML:
BTNNightElfBuild.jpg
Trellenwood
Created by: Sabertooth_X@Azeroth
Genre: 3-Player RPG

slumber, it is up to three legendary heroes to once again combat this darkness.
Welcome to the Trellenwood, heroes.
Huntress, or Tribalist and confront the encroaching Darkness. Each of these three classes
have a variety of abilities to choose from in terms of class specialization. Each of these items also
have tiered items associated with them. These items grant specific class bonuses.
A variety of other items helps to further character development.

The story is the driving factor in Trellenwood. As you complete each quest, the group as a whole may
move on and accomplish the next task. I intend on implementing a few fun/challenging side-quests,
but nothing major. A mix of different dungeons, items, and other events will keep the linear progression feeling fresh.

Barbarian: A formidable melee class, the Barbarian utilizes his superior strength to subdues foes of any sort.
Can learn Battle Cry, Whirlwind, and Slaughter.

Huntress: The Huntress' mastery of bow and arrow facilitates her roll as a ranged damage class.
Can learn Staggering Shot, Thorned Arrows, and Spike Trap.

Tribalist: The only current caster class, the Tribalist calls upon voodoo magic and such to deal damage and manipulate foes.
Can learn Chain Lightning, Juju Totem and Brilliance Aura.

trellenwoodnew1..jpg
trellenwoodnew2..jpg
trellenwoodnew3..jpg
trellenwoodnew4..jpg
trellenwoodnew5.jpg
trellenwoodnew6.jpg

So, what else is there?
As of right now, nothing. Feel free to contact me here on this site,
on Battle.net as Sabertooth_X@Azeroth, or Email.
I will continue to add information as the project progresses.

Last edited:
Level 10
Thanks for the interest, guys! And, sure, you can snag my layout.
-
In terms of progress, I've run the game a few times with some close friends of mine. Balancing is in the work, I've added another ability to each hero, and I've worked out the unique item system. Tomorrow, I'll get a Heroes section up on the main post.

This means there will be a playable demo very soon!

Level 10
Thanks for the subscription, Jackal!
-
I'll be adding new pictures once I'm done alpha testing the newest version. Development is coming along smoothly. A few more quests, items, and abilities and I'll be able to release publicly.

Level 10
Update!
I've added an ability to each Hero, as well as two more quests. I've also expanded the items available and introduced some stronger, non-tier Green items. You can see some of the latest gameplay (2/3 players ingame) in the two screenshots I've uploaded.

I look forwarding to hearing what the public has to say. Expect a release this week. :)

Level 3
Hey man I'll jump on it tonight and try give you a detailed feedback, I musta missed it first time you posted you uploaded a playable version.

Are you also looking for suggestions or just bugs? (I'll probably regardless give my opinion on what I like/didn't like though xD)

Does it actually require 3 people? Regardless I will attempt it solo

Level 28
Anyone tried it out?

I'm on it.

EDIT:

So yeah I tried it and I can say that this is a really neat RPG with neat terrain and generic quests that kinda fit the simplicity of the game especially because there is no custom resource used(The map is only 138kb.. damn). But anyway I would have love this more if the game doesn't become so repetitive with generic blizzard spells and long hack n slash battles. I would recommend that you make/or import custom spells to make it more interesting for players to play and 3 spells isn't enough so i'm expecting a couple of more. Anyway just don't know if its a bug or you really can't be revive on the beta release.. I died in the gnoll and that was it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.