• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] 2P Campaign: Orc08

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19

2P Orc Campaign : The Invasion of Kalimdor

Chapter 8: By Demons Be Driven

"Three days later, near the edge of the Barrens..."

Version: 1.5
Extra Score: Number of Warsong Main encamptments destroyed.

Map Info

This is a continuation of TheSpoon's 2 Player Reign of Chaos Campaigns. There you can also find the expansion campaigns developed by McQvaBlood.

It is an attempt to recreate the experience of the Warcraft 3 campaigns by adding the possibility to play with a friend and using codes to load the infromation from the previous maps.

General Changes

1. Red - Not working/Unstarted.
  2. Orange - Not fully implemented.
  3. Yellow - Finished but not (fully) tested.
  4. Green - Tested and works properly.
  1. Has compatability with TheSpoon's previous maps's save code.
  2. Two player compatability.
  3. Nazgrel War Seer added as an enemy hero.
  4. Players can exchange gold/lumber and some units/buildings.
  5. Stronger AI for the Warsong clan.
  6. Score system

Insane Mode

1. Red - Not working/Unstarted.
  2. Orange - Not fully implemented.
  3. Yellow - Finished but not (fully) tested.
  4. Green - Tested and works properly.
  1. No defensive towers in starting base.
  2. Fel Stalkers replaced with Fel Ravagers.
  3. More Doom Guards guarding Grom.
  4. Stronger creeps.
  5. Less starting resources.
  6. Even stronger AI waves.

Change Log

1. Uploaded

1. Uploaded the correct map.
    2. Implemented new AI.
    3. Started score system.

1. Fixed the save/load system so it works with TheSpoon's.
    2. Finished up the score system.
    3. Used Chaosy's GetLocalPlayer system to properly reset players' camera during one of the cinematics.

1. Removed some unused/unneeded triggers.
    2. Added stronger creeps in Insane mode.
    3. The AI now attacks and trains units as normal.
    4. Reduced starting resouces in Insane mode.
    5. Fixed the tech buildings not working for other player.
    6. Fixed some tooltips and names so they are according to RoC.

1. Tried to fix the crash when Nazgrel uses his Meteor Strike abillity. - Reverted because it was not the cause.
      2. Fixed tooltips.
      3. Some other bugfixes.

1. Fixed the crash issue.

1. Fixed starting gold mines' gold.
    2. Fixed bug where peons can drop off resources after Great Hall/War Mill is destroyed.
    3. Now all (I think) tooltips correspond to the ones in RoC.

Credits

Special Thanks:

1. TheSpoon for starting the project.
  2. Blizzard for making Warcarft 3 and the campaigns.
  3. The Hive for being awesome <3.

Note : If I have missed someone, please tell me and I'll add him to the credit list (assuming he was actually involved in helping with anything).

Release

This map has been released to the maps section already, and is awaiting a review there. This thread is inactive.
You can follow the progress of the map here.

Last edited:
Level 19
The last time TheSpoon was online was 6 months ago and the last time he gave news about the campaign was about a year and a half ago. I felt like he had given up on the RoC campaigns quite a while ago judging by that. I've also sent him a message about me doing this and have told him that if he ever wishes me to stop then I will.

Level 16
The last time TheSpoon was online was 6 months ago and the last time he gave news about the campaign was about a year and a half ago. I felt like he had given up on the RoC campaigns quite a while ago judging by that. I've also sent him a message about me doing this and have told him that if he ever wishes me to stop then I will.
I would ask before doing, not do it, then ask for permission.
That's just me. I'll check it out later though. If this get approved, it would be nice to see it get finished :)

Level 21
Could you do another in which there is a Orc Campaign nine?
TheSpoon did one for the Alliance one in which it foretold the Expedition after Arthas defeated Mal'ganis.

Level 16
Although true, the hosted project is/was lead by TheSpoon and McQvaBlood, where TheSpoon was in charge of the RoC campaigns, so doing it without at least a warning feels like 'hijacking' part of their project.
I completely agree, and if Spoon has no intention, then by all means, but at the same time, if he does, but just has been busy, perhaps he can say "DO so with my blessing" yanno.

At any rate, any map can be edited since they are all owned by blizzard, but still, I would ask before edited anyone's project. Just who I am.
As for the map itself, lety me know when to finish your to-do stuff & best of luck though Bruto.

Level 21
I highly doubt I will. The only thing I can come up with is Grom and Thrall going to the canyon and killing Mannoroth, and that isnt alot to work with. Time will show.

You could have it lead to the cinematic on where Thrall and Grom kill him.
Letting the Orc and Human Forces leave afterwards to would be great.

Level 2
I'm so happy to see some trying to finish this :D It was very sad that only one chapter from the orc campaign was missing, I really hope this gets finished so it's finally complete :) Good luck with this, and I really hope TheSpoon is going to be OK with it

Level 12
Great to see this, I think map is gonna be real tough to beat though, Towers had Fortified armor and Pierce dealt bonus damage to heavy in RoC.

Probably going to be close to impossible to keep units alive from infernals.

Level 23
while I agree he/they have some intelectual property of this(the notion of spliting the RoC and TFT campaign to 2-P mode), they have no physical ones, because this is just modification of Blizzard's work.

If I create new type of car, should I credit Ford for making cars 100 years ago?

Nevertheless, asking for permision from a user that didnt log to hive for 6 months is kind of ridiculous

Level 23
For the Night Elf campaign, you could follow this:

It would be cool you add this hero for the Second Player: Pained

Chapter 1: Enemies at the Gate = Tyrande(P1) and Pained(P2)
Chapter 2: Daughters of the Moon = Tyrande(P1) and Pained(P2)
Chapter 3: The Awakening of Stormrage = Tyrande(P1) and Pained(P2)
Chapter 4: The Druids Arise = Tyrande and Shandris(P1) Furion and Pained(P2)
Chapter 5: Brothers in Blood = Tyrande(P1) Furion(P2)
Chapter 6: A Destiny of Flame and Sorrow = Illidan(P1) Alandien Maybe? (P2)
Chapter 7: Twilight of the Gods = Tyrande and Shandris(P1) Furion and Pained(P2)

Just suggestion lol

Level 19
For the Night Elf campaign, you could follow this:

It would be cool you add this hero for the Second Player: Pained

Chapter 1: Enemies at the Gate = Tyrande(P1) and Pained(P2)
Chapter 2: Daughters of the Moon = Tyrande(P1) and Pained(P2)
Chapter 3: The Awakening of Stormrage = Tyrande(P1) and Pained(P2)
Chapter 4: The Druids Arise = Tyrande and Shandris(P1) Furion and Pained(P2)
Chapter 5: Brothers in Blood = Tyrande(P1) Furion(P2)
Chapter 6: A Destiny of Flame and Sorrow = Illidan(P1) Alandien Maybe? (P2)
Chapter 7: Twilight of the Gods = Tyrande and Shandris(P1) Furion and Pained(P2)

Just suggestion lol

Looks nice imo. Though I prefer sticking to Shandris for the main secondary hero. The other problem is finding appropriate models for them.

Level 10
Orc09, what about something like:
Mannoroth splits Thrall and Grom apart into two different segments of the cave, and have to battle their way through in order to reach Mannoroth. Soon enough, the two encounter Mannoroth and Thrall is knocked out. Fortunately, Nazgrel comes to the rescue (he was following Thrall) and helps Grom take out Mannoroth. That should be good.

Level 16
Orc09, what about something like:
Mannoroth splits Thrall and Grom apart into two different segments of the cave, and have to battle their way through in order to reach Mannoroth. Soon enough, the two encounter Mannoroth and Thrall is knocked out. Fortunately, Nazgrel comes to the rescue (he was following Thrall) and helps Grom take out Mannoroth. That should be good.
I'd be more interested in playing the night Elf campaign rather then working on a bonus Orc mission.

Level 19
I'd be more interested in playing the night Elf campaign rather then working on a bonus Orc mission.

Well, If I ever do a bonus Orc mission it will definetly be after I've finished the night elf campaigns.

Also, more good new - I've tested the save/load system and it worked perfecty with my code from the previous chapter(the one uploaded currently has a typo in a trigger so it reads the codes incorrectly), so I'll post the map in the Maps section later today after I have done a bit more testing.

Level 10
Well, it would be actually nice to see something unique for awhile.
Anyway, it's your decision dude.
Good luck on more campaigns and stuff!

Level 16
Well, it would be actually nice to see something unique for awhile.
Anyway, it's your decision dude.
Good luck on more campaigns and stuff!
The fact we just had an addition to the 2p mission is not unique? not to mention you yourself could work on a campaign like many other that spin off the original.
Why try and change the current one, when the whole point is to just make it playable with 2 players? ;)

Level 19
The fact we just had an addition to the 2p mission is not unique? not to mention you yourself could work on a campaign like many other that spin off the original.
Why try and change the current one, when the whole point is to just make it playable with 2 players? ;)

I agree with you. I know Pyraeus liked to add his own touch to the maps, but his last activity was 2 months ago.

Level 19
is that the guy who did the bonus campaign too? and added like an entire new troll race as well?

I very much disliked those maps due to its failure to correctly balance the campaign, but it's just my opinion.

He did the exodus, and the troll race, but the maps themselve were good and while not the same as the original held the same main story with a bit of a twist to it.

Also the map has been uploaded the Maps Section[link]. I've fixed some bugs and now the loading goes like a charm. I'll keep this thread up just in case there is something major and it doesnt get accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.