• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The 2 Player Night Elf Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Well, here it is - a beta of the 3rd chapter. It isnt done yet, but its close. It just needs the end code and scores and it should be good to go, unless there are bugs(and some more tweaks on the difficulty, but I find that quite fun so it wont be much of a problem).

I also cleaned up the thread post a bit because it was too... overcrowded(I actually did that a few days ago).

Level 19
Okay, I think I finished the saving part - it should now give a valid code. I havent actually tested it because I dont have a lot of time right now.

I also changed the Glaive Thrower and Vorpal Blades to Ballista and Impaling Bolts (model/icons too), and most(if not all) of the tooltips, fixed the cinematic skipping, fixed up the shared research so I wont have to change much of it when making other chapters. I forgot to add the shared view when training/researching, but I'll do that later.

I think the Beta I posted yesterday wasnt working properly, not sure if I removed the event which immediately starts the mission or not.

E: Well, some things werent working as they should, Ill upload a new version tomorrow with all the fixes (currently you cant skip a cinematic and start the game properly)

Last edited:
Level 19
Aaaand, here it is: fixed the voting(for new game and skipping a cinematic), made the research and the tech sharing (Im very pleased of the way they work, much better that before). The level should be perfectly playable (again, didnt have time testing the whole thing today, but no big problems should occur), excluding the difficulty tweaks.

E: Removed the random Ballista thats there from the beginning(it was there for testing); starting building requirements are shared; upgrading to tree of ages; fixed Tyrande's starting level.

Things are going well! Not much more to go!

E2: Had a bit of problems - the map got corrupted (it couldnt be seen ingame, although it could be tested in the editor; it also went to ~330 kB size), and I couldnt save it properly. Luckily I had a backup which wasnt far away from the original (in fact I could remember only two changes that werent there). All sorted now :)

Last edited:
Level 19
Fixed the starting ancient protector and the dryad rescuing; changed up the murlocs a bit for insane mode, but not much; buffed up the protectors a bit more in insane mode.

The chapter seemed ready to be uploaded to the maps section - you can find the link in the list on the first page.

Level 1
It's a shame that you had to test and fix everything without our help... Hope that I (and someone maybe) will help a little with the next one.
Congratulations - about a half of the job is behind :)

Level 19
about a half of the job is behind
Half way there :D

Here is a beta of the 4th chapter; insane mode isnt really done (still using the original ais and some places are either too hard or not as hard as they should be); I have absolutely no idea what should the extra score be, I'll probably add some enemy heroes(one time ones; like bosses) for the enemy if nothing else.

E: Forgot to mention - I'm not really sure I'm gonna make the second hero in Illidan's chapter another demon hunter. I gotta some kind of archmage-looking character. It'll add some diversity to the map, and I can make a mage hero for once(my favorite role).

Last edited:
Level 2
Hey Gismo, looks like you are doing well things are coming great! Good luck with the other maps. Great job so far

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Gismo, as someone who have played all Spoon campaigns, and most of McQvaBlood's Sentinel campaign I can say that I'm impressed with your work so far. Please, please, please at least finish all but the final level. The reason I say this, is not to discourage you from completing the final mission too, but simple a reminder, that aiming a bit smaller in turns instead of for completion from the beginning will make you more motivated and enjoy making the current mission that you are working on. Thanks for the 3 missions so far, I have suggested a bot site to upload your maps there.

Level 1
How long would you say it would take to finish the rest of the night elf campaign? Not quite familiar with the time it takes to create a map.

Level 19
It depends - some maps take longer than others, namely the 5th one (2 paths) and last one (adding epilogue), and time constraints, most of all. This week I've had relatively a lot of free time so progress has been good.

Also, I forgot to say - I uploaded a new beta of the 4th chapter. I made the 'extras' killing 'boss' creeps(warlords and such). It's still kind of meh, but itll do for now atleast.

Level 1
I am sure it does, and add in incredible skill as well that I don't have. Thank you so much for doing them. I have always been curious.

Level 1
Logged on to test the 4th chapter... and haven't found download link :( Am I blind, or there were some redesign, or..?

Level 19
Weird, I could have sworn it was uploaded as attachment... Anyways, it is now.

I havent worked on it in a few days because of the holidays, and because Ive been working on making Sublime Text better suited for jass/vjass(and zinc, I guess). So far I got the highlighting (from the tools section, just changed the color scheme) and jasshelper as my build system. Ive nearly done the autocompleting, too.

Level 11
Weird, I could have sworn it was uploaded as attachment... Anyways, it is now.

I havent worked on it in a few days because of the holidays, and because Ive been working on making Sublime Text better suited for jass/vjass(and zinc, I guess). So far I got the highlighting (from the tools section, just changed the color scheme) and jasshelper as my build system. Ive nearly done the autocompleting, too.
I guess I'm blind as well, I can't see it.

Level 19
Its at the bottom of the first post.
It looks something like this:
Attached Files
w3x.gif
2P Night Elf 04 BETA.w3x (934.0 KB, 56 views)
The first time the attachment was actualy removed, this time I can download and see it as normal. Tell me if it isnt there.

Anyways, I am planning to finish it up and get back on track by next week.

Level 1
I had actually started work on the 5th chapter while I was thinking about what to do in the 4th.
nice idea

offtop:
Will you someday make (my most favorite) Rexxar camping?)
It looks a bit hard because of those 'teleportations' between several maps.

Level 19
I'm not really sure, I dont think you can fit all those stuff in one map, and putting them in separate maps would be stupid.

Also, I am currently uploading the 4th chapter to the maps section! YAaaay!
There were a number of bugs/changes from the beta but I dont remember them all, so to be short:
  1. Extra score is now the number of entangled goldmines.
  2. Fixed the techsharing.
  3. Fixed the techtree/upgrades properties for both players.

I also realised that wisps should gather at a slower rate but I dont think Ive been doing it in the last few chapters(I did it in this one), so Ill probably fix and update them soon.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Me and a friend played through the NE 3 and 4 chapters and these our are impressions and bug reports so far.

DISCLAIMER: This may or may not have been stated already so please excuse me if it has.

NE 3 - We played through it on "insane" and the challenge seemed reasonable, we finished the campaign with 20-30 trees left so while technically you can make it harder, some people might take longer so I'd say it's fne as it is. We did not encounter any game or balance breaking bugs but the arrow ability on shandris didn't seem to do damage or stun for me. I would simply cast it, the projectile would travel, hit something and that's it. Aside from that, I believe everything was working properly.

NE 4 - Seeing as this is still in beta, I expected bugs or unfinished bits. We weren't able to finish it due to time constraints but from what we saw, player 1 (blue) was able to recruit wardens at the altar and player 2 (green) was able to recruit all heroes. Furthermore, player 2 (green) had access to the full NE tech tree.

Level 19
Heres a beta of the 5th chapter - Ive only done the cinematics which had be a bit rearranged. I havent made the voting for skipping a cinematic, so if one of the players skips then it skips for both. I also made Tyrande's and Furion's simultaneous - one player controls Tyrande and the other Furion, which I would say is the core changes I had to do in this chapter. From what Ive tested it seems to be working as intended. Ill be starting work on the other stuff later.

E:Forgot to remove some stuff while I was testing, all ok now.
E2:Found a desync when the watcher charges through the crates, I'll upload a new beta that has the fix when I have more stuff done.

Last edited:
Level 19
Here is another one - added the most important stuff (code loading, new game, texts and endgame code). I also made it so conversations (ouside cinematics), pings and camera pans will work only for the player whose side its on (both if they are still together). The other one can see them when he finishes his part of the mission. I also added the game timer for the score which Ive been forgeting to do in the last 2 chapters(added to them too).

Difficulty-wise, the only thing Ive changed is giving the end KotG a couple of extra levels, and giving the bears more upgrades. Because the players are split and limited on units, I dont intend to do much more(maybe a little :)).

Level 1
When me and my friend tried to play the latest one(5th) all that happened was that we started as lvl 1 characters and were hostile towards eachother. The mission then instantly finished itself and we got the ending cinematic. Not sure if it was just a test for the cinematics, but otherwise you might wanna check that out ^^

Level 6
map probably too much I hurry leaves and does not work all already at the beginning of the cutscene you can see and also passed the mission of the woods as I killed the ghost of it's mission in August failed to complete WTF !!!!! Map Druis arise

Level 19
I removed the attachment because there was no use of it anyways - there were a few very big bugs, too. I did fix them, but I still havent done the cinematic skip because Im getting lazy again :3

Ill upload a new one when I add it.

@cezar221 honestly, no idea what you said

Level 19
I havent worked a lot on it recently. I did do some stuff on the chapter but didnt update the attachment, dont know why. I plan on finishing it tomorrow/Saturday and starting on Illidan's chapter in Saturday.

I have made one of the custom abilities and I am very glad with how it worked. I also have ideas for an ultimate ability. I'll probably release a test map with the spell(s) tomorrow. For now, I'm gonna say he is an elemental mage. Also, I'll probably use this skin.

Level 19
Okay, added a few more items to the save list, fixed bonuses, secrets, extras, fixed some blizzard triggers to work with both players. I uploaded it as attachment, in case there are any problems with it.

I also started work on the 6th chapter. It has a very low amount of triggers, to my surprise.

As for the spells for the custom hero, I'll start redoing one of the abilities (converting from passive to auto-castable) E: Actually, I'll think about it. Maybe tomorrow or the day after I'll upload a map with them.

Last edited:
Level 1
Hi man,

Chapter 4: The Druids Arise
Quest Cursed Glade not working.
I kill all spirits and his boss and forest is still sick.

Otherwise good work.

Add: Yes, it was an Insane mode. We play only Insane mode ;)

Last edited:
Level 19
Thanks for the report! It was an Insane Mode-only bug but it was a quick fix.
(I updated the map resource, too)

E: Heres a little update, too: I havent had time to fully test out the 5th chapter.

On the other hand, I did a decent amount of work on the 6th one. Because of the DDS I am using, I had to redo Tichondrius' Finger of Death spell as well as change some functions in Blizzard's triggers. I did the cinematics so they include the custom hero but I'm not really sure how they look.

I decided to leave the ability I mentioned a few comments back a passive one. I also have a pretty good idea for the other(literally just thought of it, lol).

Level 1
Hi Gizmo,

chapter 5 isn't playable. On start screen write: Not enough players were detected.

We have connection alright.

Chapter 4: Item from Furbolrg Warlord and trolls not fall down, or if I had those item's from previously chapter , in this chapter are deleted ?

Sorry for my English ;)

Last edited:
Level 19
Ah, I guess auto-create variables doesnt auto-create everything. Fixed.

As for the 4th chapter, I dont know why the furbolg warlord didnt drop items. I found the reason for the trolls but the furbolg had nothing to do with any of that. Anyways, I went for a bit of a workaround, all ok now.

I also found a bug in the start cinematic, so thats fixed, too.

E: Forgot to mention, I still havent fully tested the 5th chapter (fully = full playthrough), so expect bugs, although there shouldnt be any big ones.

Level 19
Yeah, I really should finish it... My computer broke so I cant continue the 6th chapter untill it gets fixed but Im too lazy to finish this, lol.

Gonna try and do it untill tomorrow.

EDIT: Hmm, I forgot that the editor/game doesnt work properly on this computer. set FNew /*a boolean for the starting, fyi*/ = true does absolutely nothing.

Ill see what I can do.

EDIT 2: Okay, my game seems to be really buggy here. If anyone can test and see if you can start the game with '-new', then Ill know if the problem is just on my side or not.

Level 3
Yeah, I really should finish it... My computer broke so I cant continue the 6th chapter untill it gets fixed but Im too lazy to finish this, lol.

Gonna try and do it untill tomorrow.

EDIT: Hmm, I forgot that the editor/game doesnt work properly on this computer. set FNew /*a boolean for the starting, fyi*/ = true does absolutely nothing.

Ill see what I can do.

EDIT 2: Okay, my game seems to be really buggy here. If anyone can test and see if you can start the game with '-new', then Ill know if the problem is just on my side or not.

will you work on any other 2p campaigns that have not been done yet after this? or are you happy with only doing this one

Level 19
will you work on any other 2p campaigns that have not been done yet after this? or are you happy with only doing this one

I may do the custom campaign. I'm not in a hurry, though.

I also got my PCs fixed (2 in 1 week, damn), woot! Idk why the game was bugging out but it seems all ok now.

Anyway, here is anothere update:
Fixed the starting (there was a logical error)
Fixed the texts not updating when you change the mode
Fixed the panda cinematic (and drop)

For some reason the 2 players lost connection from each other when the Tyrande ending cinematic began. None of the players was disconnected from the game, but all of the triggers stopped working and both clients' F11 menu showed that the other has disconnected. Not sure of the cause, or if its even related to the map (I use JNGP 2.0 multiplayer emulation, and my antivirus stops it if its not ignored).

I ran out of time so I couldnt test that further, though.

Also,
WoW Wiki said:
Upon seeing The Largest Panda Ever Malfurion Stormrage remarks "Our sins have returned to haunt us."

Does this actually happen in the campaigns? I couldnt find that anywhere in the triggers.

Level 2
I am also very pleased about your work so far which i could enjoy together with my friend playing all 2P campaigns. it was very well made mateand i hope you and your partner will finish the nightelf camp and, if its possible (hopefully!), begin with the Blood elf and second undead campaign.
do you will also finish your custom 9th undead mission and also create another additional missions for orcs, night elf etc. ? Because as i think, the 10th mission ''Isolation'' of the human campaign was anyway the highlight of your previous work and it was quite amazing.
Keep going!

Status
Not open for further replies.