• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is Riot screwing LOL now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
What I really dislike about LoL now is the Mage rework or something as well as the Dragon elements. The Dragon Elements make it seem optional, or if you take it away from the enemy, it might seem useless if your team had the buff. This is only one I can think of.

I was starting to main Kindred, and the nerf hammer struck. It made me quit for good, unless my friends want me to play as Amumu.

Level 17
To the title: sort of.
It's not the new champions always (Because these champs are either buffed or nerfed asap like Illaoi who got nerfed and Tayliah who got buffed), but the new patches. The only good patch I remember was the update that introduced the new draft GUI.

However some old champs are still pretty op and are broken (nerfplz). For instance we have LeBlanc, Fizz, and (maybe? It's just the skill) Zed.
Garen can be a pain too.

Mid season update was, meh. Dragons are worthless (unless you got level 3 ocean drake as Mundo or Garen). Malzahar can solo drag at level 4 (with runes)!!

Zed ultimate shadow can be switched even from fountain to fountain. So ult somewhere far then go in and back off if you didnt get cced.

Taric (reworked) jungle got an S.

Riot is sometimes joking with us in general.

Level 24
It is hard if not impossible to keep a game balanced with so much content being added to it in such a small period of time.
Not to mention that the skill level of the League designers and developers is of ex-Warcraft 3 modding level which lead to much spaghetti code and little in-depth sight on the actual game creation.
In the past years they developed from that to a really serious business so there is not much to look down to any more, but whatever.

As I said, it is extremely hard to keep League balanced.
Imagine changing one item? How many people use that item on which champions? Do these champions decrease/increase their power level by the change of this item? etc etc etc.
Bringing a new champion to the rift also has to be balanced with hundreds of items, hundreds of champions and thousands of matchups.
I have seen games where I play as an underdog where the game is so terribly unbalanced that the opposing team cannot do shit against us. Why? You do not know. How can you change that? You do not know. So balancing is hard to do and imho it is very well done.

Also, it is kind of the meta of the games.
Last time I spoke about this tanks in general were buffed (the juggernaut meta). Response? Noone played assassins because they would be useless anyway. So assassins got buffed. Response? Noone played squishy champions any more so they got some nice protection items. Response? You can actually go on forever and predict upcoming meta :D
But the big point is that game changes are also done based on how many people play a specific champion.

Specific champions being OP is not always as it seems it is.
I recall Irelia who was insanely overpowered and people were continually complaining about her "Better nerf Irelia!".
Then on one day a patch came out and in the patch notes, you could see Irelia got nerfed. So everyone was happy.
The patch after that, they said that the changes were made 6 patches earlier and just not added to the patch notes.
Hence the meme "Better nerf Irelia!".

I believe skill level is much more important than meta. And as long as you enjoy playing your champions, you should go for it.
I play Maokai APC Mid for 2 years now. (Stupid koreans are now copying me.) And main Ziggs even longer than I am level 30.
I like to play those champions, so I play them, independent from what I am against.

Level 12
As I said, it is extremely hard to keep League balanced.
Imagine changing one item? How many people use that item on which champions? Do these champions decrease/increase their power level by the change of this item? etc etc etc.
Bringing a new champion to the rift also has to be balanced with hundreds of items, hundreds of champions and thousands of matchups.
I have seen games where I play as an underdog where the game is so terribly unbalanced that the opposing team cannot do shit against us. Why? You do not know. How can you change that? You do not know. So balancing is hard to do and imho it is very well done.
Yeah, this is where Heroes of the Storm (blizzard) made it easy (relatively) for themselves by having talents instead of items, they can make individual changes to characters much more easily since the heroes (HotS) can't choose every talent but champions (LoL) can buy any item.

Status
Not open for further replies.