• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

LoL Playthroughs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,
I've decided to film up my own way of evolving in LoL. I hope you will enjoy this, fav, share and comment. XD

Want to be in one of vids? (it's not always with bots) Add me: Simplar Duosora, EU West.

Updates every day! :p

Level 24
Camera Problems aka f7 (or f9 or another one about there).
It locks the screen to a specific point.
It is created to make the spotlight clips without having the problem of changing camera and returning to that spot.

About the vids... keep it up!
Always fun to see how you played in your first matches compared to what you have become one year later.

About the game... try to play PvP though. It really helps to find out how your opponents play and it helps you weigh your chances.
Go and read a few tutorials about last hitting, item builds, team comps and attack moves (dunno how that last one is called though but moving while your AA is on cooldown so you move while still attacking at full potential)

Next to that... welcome to the game

Level 12
...dunno how that last one is called though but moving while your AA is on cooldown so you move while still attacking at full potential...

I believe it is called "Stutter step" when you are moving and stopping for an AA. Long time ago it was some other "Step" and I believe some people started calling it "Orb walking" for some reason...

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
League of Legends has a story to "playthrough"?

I thought a playthrough required something with a fixed start and end. For example Final Fantasy 5 where the end is you defeating Neo-Ex Death. A match based game has no such progression with each match being unrelated so cannot have playthroughs. It can have "let us play" and other such random play sequences.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
people have been playthrouging minecraft for years, and that has no end too.
It does in a sense that there are a limited number of non-sandbox things to do. For example making a diamond pickaxe, reaching and exploring a section of Nether, defeating the Nether Dragon boss, crafting best gear, building resource generators etc. Sure the game is open ended but it does follow progress until an open-ended stage.

I think the main difference in classification is how the game plays out. A playthrough has some form of scripted progress that the player can move through. This can be advancing stages, completing sandbox objectives or running through a story mode etc. Competitive games like LoL, HotS, HoN, DotA2 etc do not have this form of progress since you are placed against semi-random opponents who are equally as strong as you to "win" or "lose". The only progress made is short-term and really specific to what is going on. I think a more appropriate term would be "matches", "rounds" or any such competitive term.

Playthroughs -> Games where the player progresses and is meant to always "win" or achieve some objective. A good end of such a series is after a final boss or once everything interesting is done that can be done.
Matches -> Games where the player fights other players and is meant to win only half the time. A good end for the series is when the player gets bored of playing.

From a viewer perspective you should always expect a playthrough to go well by the end (player wins, everything gets done etc) even if mistakes happen at times (deaths, restarts etc). Many playthroughs are "edited" specially to remove bad mistakes such as deaths, losses or navigation blunders to improve viewer experience. Matches on the other hand can be expected to have a 50:50 win/loss rate due to the mechanics of the game. People will watch matches regardless of if it is a win or loss since the experience is the progress to the conclusion. Additionally a playthrough usually contains heavy "spoilers" due to the nature of it, where as matches pretty much have nothing to spoil (there are no secrets).

Status
Not open for further replies.