• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Azir, the Emperor of Sands & Changes to default lore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
@PugMaster, just wondering did you read the linked article, it kind of explains it.

And I would have to say there really wasn't any lore to destroy, of the lore backgrounds I read many of them were boring and I didn't find them interesting, I never quite understood what the game play had to do much with the lore anyway, and out of most heroes I think the original trundle lore was the most interesting... most of the lore consists of "No one knows where they came from...but they like to kill stuff" or "One day decided," which isn't very solid... and in that article Pharaoh_ linked it explains how they are setting LoL up for more of a narrative so it can possibly translate to a movie or TV series, which, with all the new short films riot has been making, could be a very valid possibility.

I for one am very happy with the decision to overhaul, of course that is just my personal opinion, any thoughts?

EDIT: Today the update changed the Azir loading screen which was there for... 3 days maybe... Azir facetime is less than Gnar's xD

EDITEDIT: Azir's first skin is quite good, i'm really liking Galactic Azir

Last edited:
Level 14
Pharaoh, looks like they finally made a champion for you :p

I think he looks good, is unique, but I heard he has some gameplay hiccups. When you want to summon a warrior outside it's range, instead of going there and summoning him, Azir will just summon at the furthest point possible. Can be confusing as a mechanic since many other spells or wards work like in the first option.

I kind of liked the idea of a Summoner.

However I agree that if they want to push forward the role of the Summoner is just inhibiting. If they ever want to make an MMO with their universe, the old lore would create a lot of problems. Also when going on 120 champions, it's just too much of a hassle for little reward to say why each of them joined the Institute of War. To continue, I haven't seen anyone on the internet giving good reason to stick to the old lore. Lore can be re-written anyway, and in a sense, LOL lore is still at the early stages.

This game is 4 years old or longer and only just now do we see 1 artwork of various areas like Ionia, Bilgewater, Shurima Desert, Piltover, Zaun. Currently they are still building the rest of the world so this is the best moment to change the lore.

Status
Not open for further replies.