• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft movie teaser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
I really hate the idea of teaser trailers, couldn't they just be a replacement to cinemas' trailer on a movie instead of uploading a ton of them in YT? or why not just post the actual full trailer instead of going trailer 1, trailer 2, trailer extended, trailer fuck tended. I mean sure it gives us hope of what we are getting on the next round of new movies, but its just a trailer. Its like 1 out of 100 percent that the movie is going to be good.

Idk, just a cheap rant I'd like to express due to these teaser pops getting in the trend nowadays.

I really hate the idea of teaser trailers, couldn't they just be a replacement to cinemas' trailer on a movie instead of uploading a ton of them in YT? or why not just post the actual full trailer instead of going trailer 1, trailer 2, trailer extended, trailer fuck tended. I mean sure it gives us hope of what we are getting on the next round of new movies, but its just a trailer. Its like 1 out of 100 percent that the movie is going to be good.

Idk, just a cheap rant I'd like to express due to these teaser pops getting in the trend nowadays.

Because HYPE.

Seriously, CHOO CHOO BOIS.
NRLJ2li.jpg

It is just good marketing. As Vengeancekael pointed out, it creates hype. In this case, it hypes up the full trailer that will be released on Friday. :3 Those who don't follow popular social media (twitter, reddit) wouldn't otherwise know about it, so they probably made this teaser to build more hype/general interest.

Level 10
I'm sick of all the "dark and edgy" fantasy.

Seriously, what is wrong with colors? -.-

there is nothing wrong with colors. It doesn't have to be dark and edgy, for example Lotr wasnt neither full of colors nor edgy and still looked great. I guess I am a bit disappointed because the director said on Blizzcon that they are going for Braveheart kind of gritty feeling instead of Narnia look. I am still hyped tho.

As much as I like Warcraft for some reason I still am not at all sure about the film. Pure blood and violence, what Warcraft stories are usually based on, is not that good for films.

If you look at the stories superficially, sure. Wc1 and wc2 can be reduced to very simple stories but a lot more context has been given to them since (and it is all quite fascinating, but the main dynamics is through Medivh tbh). That is why I *kinda* wish they started off with wc3 since that one was the most story-focused and cohesive of their series, but it is a lot to tackle and I understand why they would want to start off with the First War if they plan on having sequels.

That is actually my biggest fear--that it'd be an action-based movie rather than a mesh of story/action (I'd prefer if it was more on the LotR side of the spectrum than something like, for example, transformers). I'll still watch it regardless, but I hope it gives good dynamics to the characters. :) Alliance are pretty straightforward, but the key characters of the Horde are tough to do. On some level, you want some (i.e. Durotan) to be more on the Thrall side, but they should preferably be the wc3 Thrall. Not the WoW post-Aggra Thrall who was sort-of redeemed through WoD but was a shadow of his former self for the rest of the time.

I really wonder who the composer(s) is/are. Anyway I hope that part of sound I heard is just for the trailer only, as that kind of electronic style would not fit Warcraft.

Me likey what glimpsey I seeh!

It is Ramin Djawadi (Game of Thrones) doing the composing for the film.

I wish they used Russell Brower, Jason Hayes, Tracy Bush, Glenn Stafford, or any of the other great Warcraft composers, but having Djawadi is probably the next best thing. :p

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68

I wish they used Russell Brower, Jason Hayes, Tracy Bush, Glenn Stafford, or any of the other great Warcraft composers, but having Djawadi is probably the next best thing. :p
Yeah, it was a better idea to stick with their authentic group. I don't know much of the GoT composer but mostly I like his intro song and some few others from the series. I'm not saying he's a bad composer or anything. I just don't see him making memorable stuff. He's more on the fit to theme part of music.

Sigh, I really did wish they'd bring in the original composers. I hope they'll at least use a classic warcraft theme for the intro or credits.

Level 24
Sigh, I really did wish they'd bring in the original composers. I hope they'll at least use a classic warcraft theme for the intro or credits.

The theme of the film is Horde vs Alliance so the best thing would probably be to open with Call to Arms, that would send chill down the spines of any fan.

Level 19
it's going to be so disappointing, just like the star wars movie.

did you know they fired the whole team of writers behind the lines of star wars. this 40 days into production. why? because the writers demanded more money. which, simple means they got cheap writers to write cheap lines and create a cheap movie that will make them millions.

the same thing happened with warcraft and Diablo. when the original owners sold out, the games and productions took a nose dive for the worst. tell me something. does anyone who played the old Diablo 1 and 2, think that Diablo 3 has anything close to a worth while story?

the movie is going to suck math!

Status
Not open for further replies.