• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft Movie Comic-Con Exclusive Footage Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
warcraft.jpg
Over the weekend during Comic-Con 2015, Legendary and Blizzard showed off some footage of the upcoming Warcraft movie to attendees. The footage was exclusive to the attendees at the event, but thanks to someone sneakily recording the video, we now know what Comic-Con attendees were treated too.

Now we have to point out that this is actual footage from the movie and it is not a trailer. This means that essentially you would be spoiling a bit of the movie for yourself if you were to watch it, but if you’re not too fussed, then go ahead. It should also be noted that the footage is rather grainy so bear in mind that your actual experience might be different.

That being said, we have to admit that the CG portions of the movie looks great, although a bit unrealistic. If this had been a trailer for the Warcraft game we would have gladly applauded Blizzard’s efforts, but as far as a movie is concerned, it doesn’t have the right feel, at least in our opinion.

In any case with this leak, we’re not sure how Legendary plans on responding. Perhaps they might release a higher quality version, who knows? In the meantime the official trailer is pegged for November later this year so hopefully we will get a better quality video then.

Click one of the links below to download the leaked footage:

Link 1 - Mega.CO.NZ (Download)
Link 2 - Tiny Upload (Download)
Link 3 - Mega File Upload (Download)

Note: Due to NBCUniversal complaints the original file (Attachment) was removed from Hiveworkshop. You can still download the footage from one of the off-site links provided.

Last edited:
Stabilized vid with synced audio (credits to pwncloud on reddit):
https://vid.me/08zi

It'll probably only be up for a few hours though.

I thought it was awesome. The comment about "One big computer" was pretty hilarious, but honestly what do they expect? I'm sure Legendary would've loved to grab some orcs off the street, but that isn't feasible in this dimension.

And as far as CGI goes, it seemed pretty solid (but it is hard to tell with such a low quality vid). Great character design, and it definitely reminded me of a Warcraft cinematic.

I am curious whether Legendary will upload the official footage as a response. That is what most of the other SDCC exclusives did as soon as their leaks were uploaded (e.g. Suicide Squad). Duncan Jones tweeted a response:
https://twitter.com/ManMadeMoon/status/621345814313484288

I guess it is up to the guys at the head of Legendary. Considering the guy shouted "it is one big computer", they'll probably upload it just to keep spirits high. Although, I hope most people watching it were sensible enough to disregard that guy's comments.

Level 25
It's a story that everyone who played Warcraft knows anyway. I doubt there is anything that could be spoilered about this movie. :p

True dat :p But I don't want anything spoiled in terms of visuals.
And.. One spoiler could be just how much Warcraft story they have in the movie.
Like, will we see draenei, etc? From the 30 seconds I saw, it looked like they had already had their funtime with the draenei.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
And.. One spoiler could be just how much Warcraft story they have in the movie.
Like, will we see draenei, etc? From the 30 seconds I saw, it looked like they had already had their funtime with the draenei.
Draenai are confirmed, albeit not important for the story. The footage shows some nameless Draenai corpses. I doubt they will have any named Draenai in the movie.

Stabilized vid with synced audio (credits to pwncloud on reddit):
https://vid.me/08zi

It'll probably only be up for a few hours though.

I thought it was awesome. The comment about "One big computer" was pretty hilarious, but honestly what do they expect? I'm sure Legendary would've loved to grab some orcs off the street, but that isn't feasible in this dimension.

And as far as CGI goes, it seemed pretty solid (but it is hard to tell with such a low quality vid). Great character design, and it definitely reminded me of a Warcraft cinematic.

I am curious whether Legendary will upload the official footage as a response. That is what most of the other SDCC exclusives did as soon as their leaks were uploaded (e.g. Suicide Squad). Duncan Jones tweeted a response:
https://twitter.com/ManMadeMoon/status/621345814313484288

I guess it is up to the guys at the head of Legendary. Considering the guy shouted "it is one big computer", they'll probably upload it just to keep spirits high. Although, I hope most people watching it were sensible enough to disregard that guy's comments.

Could you upload it here in Hiveworkshop? The link is down.

Level 31
I completely agree it does look not so realistic as for the movie, it would have been a good game cinematic though. Personally, I expected to see those orcs as actors with some proper makeup and artificial muscles, but it looks like it is pure computer world, except for the voices.

Level 28
In a way that's exactly what some people have been asking for: For blizzard to make their own movie-length cinematic. Now they didn't do it themselves, but got some professional filmmakers, guding them with the look and story.

Could they really have pulled of good-looking WC orcs with just makeup and clothes? And what about the environment? Would it really look like Draenor with real props?

Level 12
Some of the CGI looks unfinished (From what i can tell). Especially in the part where the portals starts to glow. I think this means we won't be seeing it online for all to see. Furthermore, i heard some complaint about it looking too fake. I assume Legendary pictures has gotten wind of this and will seek to touch up some of the CGI.

In my opinion it looked good, but that wasen't the trailer i was hoping for and from the look of your comments i don't think i'm the only one. Maybe some battle scenes and some orgasmic soundtrack action will be in the next teaser, but right now i'm a little underwhelmed.

Some of the CGI looks unfinished (From what i can tell). Especially in the part where the portals starts to glow. I think this means we won't be seeing it online for all to see. Furthermore, i heard some complaint about it looking too fake. I assume Legendary pictures has gotten wind of this and will seek to touch up some of the CGI.

Hmm. A lot of the comments I've seen said the CGI was great and above their expectations. The stills were pretty convincing. "Fake" doesn't say much. If they said it was cheap, then I'd be concerned.

"Fake" is a weird word to describe CGI because the models are often portraying fantasy creatures (e.g. orcs). I think the best way to judge "fake" or "realism" is to consider how well the CGI creature fits in its environment. From what I've seen, it looks pretty good. e.g.:
http://i1.wp.com/www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/Warcraft-Orgrim.jpg
He may look "fake" because he isn't human, but he fits in the world because of the incredible detail/lighting.

In my opinion it looked good, but that wasen't the trailer i was hoping for and from the look of your comments i don't think i'm the only one. Maybe some battle scenes and some orgasmic soundtrack action will be in the next teaser, but right now i'm a little underwhelmed.

It is only bootleg footage. ;) It isn't an official teaser--just some footage to give the story some context. I'm sure the trailer in November will have some action scenes and be better suited as a "trailer". This was just a bit of footage (and not even the whole footage they showed at SDCC), so it probably isn't too fair to judge your whelmed-ness just yet. ;D I'm sure they'll have something awesome to show us in a few months.

Level 3
I don't get it why they didn't publish this. It looks amaizing. However I imagined it little different since as I remember Orcs didn't came all at once, but Humans were slowly getting overwelmed by their numbers first in Swamp of Sarrows, then trough whole kingdom. I got that concludion from The Last Guardian message from Lothar (didn't read the book)

Level 18
I always imagined that orcs would be CGi in a Warcraft movie. They are so impossible to portray by human actors with make-up and prosthetics. It's like the 70s Hulk vs. 2012 Hulk. CGI technology is advanced enough so that it can blend in well, without any unrealistic effects.

I rather liked the bootleg footage, except for Gul'Dan's speech. That moment was a little bland.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I always imagined that orcs would be CGi in a Warcraft movie. They are so impossible to portray by human actors with make-up and prosthetics. It's like the 70s Hulk vs. 2012 Hulk. CGI technology is advanced enough so that it can blend in well, without any unrealistic effects.

I rather liked the bootleg footage, except for Gul'Dan's speech. That moment was a little bland.
They are CGI. They only used probed-up real actors for the movement and acting, then used the motion capture data to rebuild them as CGI orcs. This is a common practice in realistic CGI movies; it saves money on animations and makes it easier for other actors to play with the CGI characters.

Level 18
I know they're using motion capture, I'm not dumb. I just said that because apparently some people here just hate CGI for being CGI and would prefer to see painted people with wigs.

As for what I expect from the film itself: yes, we know what happened, but in broad strokes. Now we'll get a full picture and dialogue. The only thing I want retconned out of existence is Med'an the Mary Sue monster. And maybe some Garona/Khadgar moments, but that's a minor concern. Other than that I'd like to see the drinking of demon blood, the Karazhan events, and Doomhammer vs. Blackhand. And the opening of the portal which we kind of saw, but something in it was off. The speech itself may be bland as I said, but Gul'dan's "Death! Life!" chant does well to paint him as a mob-controlling totalitarian.

Level 18
Honestly guys, you talk more about some idiot that said one sentence during the clip than the footage itself. >.>

The green-skinned orc - was it Grom?

Also, Garona is hot. (3:53 - 3:59). Please, please, please don't pair her with Medivh.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Status
Not open for further replies.