• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SC2 Patch 1.4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
My apologies for interrupting the monthly batch euphoria, but patch 1.4.3 has just been released for StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty.I sometimes like to read the discussions going on on us.battlenet/sc2 (read only, because people on Europe can't comment there <_<) and I caught a discussion about Phoenixes. The problem was Phoenixes being ineffective after a while, and I was in complete agreement: you can't, in fact, get close to a chunk of mutalisks without getting at least one of your phoenixes shot down. As usual, though, the thread starter made its point, then a few in-agreement replies followed, and then the haters started to hate. Amidst the many pages, one guy -- I'm not even sure what his league was anymore -- humbly said «give the Phoenix an upgrade at the Fleet Beacon that increases its range». The reply went apparently unnoticed by other users, but I was glad someone actually saved the day.While I don't understand what's with the Ghost losing to his already nearly-useless Snipe ability, Blizzard is, apparently, of the same opinion of the above mentioned poster, because Protoss players can now develop Anion Pulse-Crystals, which give Phoenixes +2 range! Cheers! :smile:Enjoy!

StarCraft II 1.4.3 Patch Notes:

General

• APM values displayed on the Leader Board are now calculated by counting every click and command that has been issued by the player.
  • EPM values displayed on the Leader Board are calculated by counting only actual commands issued by the player (Effective Actions Per Minute).
  • Zerg Larvae are now displayed in the unit panel of the Leader Board.

Balance

• PROTOSS
    • Phoenix
      • A new upgrade has been added to the Fleet Beacon: Anion Pulse-Crystals. This upgrade increases Phoenix weapon range by +2.

• TERRAN
    • Ghost
      • Snipe damage changed from 45 to 25 (+25 vs Psionic).

• Orbital Command Center
      • MULE now always returns 30 minerals per trip, regardless of mineral type.

Bug Fixes

• The “Try the Next Patch” button now properly launches the PTR client when a PTR is available.
  • Unread chat notifications no longer reset when entering or leaving a game.
  • Map information now loads immediately in the Match History screen after logging onto Battle.net.
  • In the Korean version, the Reduced Violence option now remains checked when restoring gameplay defaults.
  • Fixed a display issue that could occur when binding certain keys on a French keyboard.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when exiting StarCraft II on systems with Geforce FX 5700 graphics cards.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when saving and loading games between High and Low video settings.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause some players to be dropped from custom games after spending an extended time in the lobby.
  • Fixed an issue which was causing some players with a full version of SC2 to be stuck in Starter Edition.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause ladder matches to sometimes start three seconds late.
  • Fixed an issue where overlapping units could sometimes traverse cliff levels.
  • Fixed an issue which prevented some players from receiving credit for Top X achievements after Season 3.
  • Fixed an issue which caused FFA games to reset the progress of the Team Hot Streak achievement.
  • Fixed an issue where the Restart button was incorrectly showing up when loading Vs. AI saved games from previous versions of StarCraft II.

Level 22
I don't care about some +2 range with which wins or losses vs toss will be the same and caused by the same thing with having some phoenixes to add instead of casters or both but toss is too gay late game and nothing changes it.

Sniping is kind of mostly for templars and infestors but come on.. it was such a good thing against Broodlords, it requires energy and lots of shots to kill anyway, not to say Ghosts are expensive enough if you lose them, that change sucks. -- Also this has to be the last nerf since Ghost nerf reached the bottom of acceptable nerf.

For minerals it's fine and fair, in most of the time other bases are on normal minerals not rich.

This time you're faster than some other sites.

Level 17
It's okay for interrupting the monthly batch, it was in January.
It's now the 23rd of February (I'm in Australia).
He was late. Far too late.

Level 14
Just tested out the new upgrade in a large team game. I owned so many Mutalisks. NOW Phoenixes are actually worth it. =)

Yeah, I also feel that the change was made to counter Mutalisk as Toss had nothing truly reliable vs end-game Muta.

Level 14
"Fixed an issue which was causing some players with a full version of SC2 to be stuck in Starter Edition."

ZOMG Thank you blizzard!

Edit: Seems like the Blizz team has been working on Leaderboards lately,there were 3 patch updates on that leaderboard system.

Level 22
^ Oh wow I didn't notice that fix was done. But I told you, I had this when I opened a campaign map it saves a Bank on your Documents\StarcraftII\Bank and from having this bank it prevents you to test anything as it gives you 'Starter edition' but deleting that bank fixed it. Oh well, now you dont have to do even that.

Level 19
I love the replay updates a lot, including more information.

And finally, Snipe can't counter an entire race, which used to be OP before...

Level 9
Still no Updates for editor, damn you blizzard you leave us to quit gaming alltogether like really no good maps, no unique maps yet all of them Warcraft 3 & sc1 related somewhat, but thanks for the patch:{)

Level 22
Situation Report

APM / CPM changes

There was a lot of concern and debate regarding whether APM should be an accurate number or it should be a fun, play style distinguishing factor like it has been traditionally. After hearing a lot of feedback from both sides, we decided to bring back classic APM, which will track all actions issued by the player. Meanwhile, EPM (effective actions per minute) will continue to track actual commands as it did prior to patch 1.4.3.

This way, pro players who want to show off how fast their hands move can do so with APM, while at the same time players who really just want to know how accurate and efficient their actions are can look at EPM.

I really liked the traditional APM since war3, it was the same unreasonable as removing losses for anyone that actually plays ladder. I grew with it since 2004 ala War3.. Awesome blizzard good choice for both sides, thank you!

Level 18
Terran got nerfed again -.-

Because just nerfing EMP on Ghosts wasn't enough, they had to also nerf Snipe. Not to mention they still cost a retarded amount of minerals and vespene to make. The High Templar equivalent is much cheaper and they can be spammed into existence via Warp Gates.

I really don't see the point in playing Terran - they have a huge disadvantage from the other races. Their units are half as strong as any other race' units and they only keep getting weaker. I can play Protoss and do twice as well as most Terran games by producing nothing but Stalkers. Why haven't Stalkers been nerfed yet...

Level 22
^ It's just that toss is too strong late game, you have to be too aggressive to never allow him to get advantage. In late vs Zerg is the same, but at least counterable more. But indeed, whoever says it is EZ to play Terran especially after all these, is talking bs.

T still wins on tournaments as long as there isn't protoss, there arent many top Korean tosses that's why ppl don't see them much often. And I have to agree T had enough nerfs in a while- Mules, ghost, everything that others wanted. Ah yes I've seen 'nerf Marauder' cause you "can't" produce enough chargelots xD xD

Rui

Rui

Level 41
They should have considered that the Ghost becomes completely obsolete in TvT. I used to train one or two early game and snipe a lot of those Marines; if they're kept alive they can be cost-worthy, but yeah, requiring two snipes to kill a Marine and five to kill a Marauder... =\ next one going down is the nuke.

Level 22
Who cares about TvT Ghost, gg hellions flame = good old marine tank 1 hr games.. I used hellions as an addition against too many zealots, they nerfed blue flame, now you can't even snipe Templars properly always has to use Moebius Reactor. Then again maybe it's that observer than allows him to feedback before I snipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.