[Log in / Register]
| News | Chat | Pastebin | Donations | Tutorials | Rules | Forums |
| Maps | Skins | Icons | Models | Spells | Tools | Jass | Packs | Hosted Projects | Starcraft II Modding | Starcraft II Resources | Galaxy Wiki |
(Keeps Hive Alive)
Go Back   The Hive Workshop > Town Hall > Latest Updates and News

Latest Updates and News All news and announcements regarding the site and its activities will be posted here to inform our community.

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 11:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User Rui
the Homophobic titan

Rui has a brilliant future (1425)Rui has a brilliant future (1425)Rui has a brilliant future (1425)Rui has a brilliant future (1425)Rui has a brilliant future (1425)
Former Staff Member: This user used to be on the Hive Workshop staff. 
SC2 Patch 1.4.3

My apologies for interrupting the monthly batch euphoria, but patch 1.4.3 has just been released for StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty.

I sometimes like to read the discussions going on on us.battlenet/sc2 (read only, because people on Europe can't comment there <_<) and I caught a discussion about Phoenixes. The problem was Phoenixes being ineffective after a while, and I was in complete agreement: you can't, in fact, get close to a chunk of mutalisks without getting at least one of your phoenixes shot down. As usual, though, the thread starter made its point, then a few in-agreement replies followed, and then the haters started to hate. Amidst the many pages, one guy -- I'm not even sure what his league was anymore -- humbly said «give the Phoenix an upgrade at the Fleet Beacon that increases its range». The reply went apparently unnoticed by other users, but I was glad someone actually saved the day.

While I don't understand what's with the Ghost losing to his already nearly-useless Snipe ability, Blizzard is, apparently, of the same opinion of the above mentioned poster, because Protoss players can now develop Anion Pulse-Crystals, which give Phoenixes +2 range! Cheers!

Enjoy!

StarCraft II 1.4.3 Patch Notes:
Quote:
General
  • APM values displayed on the Leader Board are now calculated by counting every click and command that has been issued by the player.
  • EPM values displayed on the Leader Board are calculated by counting only actual commands issued by the player (Effective Actions Per Minute).
  • Zerg Larvae are now displayed in the unit panel of the Leader Board.

Balance
  • PROTOSS
    • Phoenix
      • A new upgrade has been added to the Fleet Beacon: Anion Pulse-Crystals. This upgrade increases Phoenix weapon range by +2.

• TERRAN
    • Ghost
      • Snipe damage changed from 45 to 25 (+25 vs Psionic).

• Orbital Command Center
      • MULE now always returns 30 minerals per trip, regardless of mineral type.

Bug Fixes
  • The “Try the Next Patch” button now properly launches the PTR client when a PTR is available.
  • Unread chat notifications no longer reset when entering or leaving a game.
  • Map information now loads immediately in the Match History screen after logging onto Battle.net.
  • In the Korean version, the Reduced Violence option now remains checked when restoring gameplay defaults.
  • Fixed a display issue that could occur when binding certain keys on a French keyboard.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when exiting StarCraft II on systems with Geforce FX 5700 graphics cards.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when saving and loading games between High and Low video settings.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause some players to be dropped from custom games after spending an extended time in the lobby.
  • Fixed an issue which was causing some players with a full version of SC2 to be stuck in Starter Edition.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause ladder matches to sometimes start three seconds late.
  • Fixed an issue where overlapping units could sometimes traverse cliff levels.
  • Fixed an issue which prevented some players from receiving credit for Top X achievements after Season 3.
  • Fixed an issue which caused FFA games to reset the progress of the Team Hot Streak achievement.
  • Fixed an issue where the Restart button was incorrectly showing up when loading Vs. AI saved games from previous versions of StarCraft II.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered User Rui
the Homophobic titan

Rui has a brilliant future (1425)Rui has a brilliant future (1425)Rui has a brilliant future (1425)Rui has a brilliant future (1425)Rui has a brilliant future (1425)
Just tested out the new upgrade in a large team game. I owned so many Mutalisks. NOW Phoenixes are actually worth it. =)
Old 02-22-2012, 04:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered User Warlord Ajer'laroir
UNITE THE CLANS

Warlord Ajer'laroir is a glorious beacon of light (473)Warlord Ajer'laroir is a glorious beacon of light (473)Warlord Ajer'laroir is a glorious beacon of light (473)
Another patch I see? Well time to upgrade my Starcraft II again.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered User Skycraft
<("<) (>")>

Skycraft is a glorious beacon of light (560)Skycraft is a glorious beacon of light (560)Skycraft is a glorious beacon of light (560)Skycraft is a glorious beacon of light (560)Skycraft is a glorious beacon of light (560)Skycraft is a glorious beacon of light (560)
It's okay for interrupting the monthly batch, it was in January.
It's now the 23rd of February (I'm in Australia).
He was late. Far too late.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered User Edhel-dur
:pir:

Edhel-dur is just really nice (273)Edhel-dur is just really nice (273)Edhel-dur is just really nice (273)Edhel-dur is just really nice (273)Edhel-dur is just really nice (273)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ınᴚ View Post
Just tested out the new upgrade in a large team game. I owned so many Mutalisks. NOW Phoenixes are actually worth it. =)
Yeah, I also feel that the change was made to counter Mutalisk as Toss had nothing truly reliable vs end-game Muta.

Old 02-24-2012, 10:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered User Xian
1000 Posts :P

Xian is just really nice (364)Xian is just really nice (364)Xian is just really nice (364)Xian is just really nice (364)
"Fixed an issue which was causing some players with a full version of SC2 to be stuck in Starter Edition."

ZOMG Thank you blizzard!

Edit: Seems like the Blizz team has been working on Leaderboards lately,there were 3 patch updates on that leaderboard system.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
Forum Moderator Deolrin
Heavy... And metal.

Resource Moderator

Deolrin has a brilliant future (1889)Deolrin has a brilliant future (1889)Deolrin has a brilliant future (1889)
I'm so glad that the drop bug was fixed. Just tried out a few Mafia games. I've been waiting in lobby for quite some time, and no one dropped out! Aweseome stuff. ^^

Also, the new upgrade has a cool icon. Too bad nothing was done to void rays, I liked spamming them in the past. :(
Old 02-29-2012, 01:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered User Miss_Foxy
Don't Mess With The Fox

Miss_Foxy is just really nice (318)Miss_Foxy is just really nice (318)
I love the replay updates a lot, including more information.

And finally, Snipe can't counter an entire race, which used to be OP before...
Old 02-29-2012, 02:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered User WOWWARS
Editor of FoL

WOWWARS has little to show at this moment (19)WOWWARS has little to show at this moment (19)
Still no Updates for editor, damn you blizzard you leave us to quit gaming alltogether like really no good maps, no unique maps yet all of them Warcraft 3 & sc1 related somewhat, but thanks for the patch:{)
Old 03-02-2012, 01:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered User Berb
User

Berb is a glorious beacon of light (477)Berb is a glorious beacon of light (477)Berb is a glorious beacon of light (477)
PayPal Donor: This user has donated to The Hive. 
Terran got nerfed again -.-

Because just nerfing EMP on Ghosts wasn't enough, they had to also nerf Snipe. Not to mention they still cost a retarded amount of minerals and vespene to make. The High Templar equivalent is much cheaper and they can be spammed into existence via Warp Gates.

I really don't see the point in playing Terran - they have a huge disadvantage from the other races. Their units are half as strong as any other race' units and they only keep getting weaker. I can play Protoss and do twice as well as most Terran games by producing nothing but Stalkers. Why haven't Stalkers been nerfed yet...
Old 03-02-2012, 11:10 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered User Rui
the Homophobic titan

They should have considered that the Ghost becomes completely obsolete in TvT. I used to train one or two early game and snipe a lot of those Marines; if they're kept alive they can be cost-worthy, but yeah, requiring two snipes to kill a Marine and five to kill a Marauder... =\ next one going down is the nuke.