My apologies for interrupting the monthly batch euphoria, but patch 1.4.3 has just been released for StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty.
I sometimes like to read the discussions going on on us.battlenet/sc2 (read only, because people on Europe can't comment there <_<) and I caught a discussion about Phoenixes. The problem was Phoenixes being ineffective after a while, and I was in complete agreement: you can't, in fact, get close to a chunk of mutalisks without getting at least one of your phoenixes shot down. As usual, though, the thread starter made its point, then a few in-agreement replies followed, and then the haters started to hate. Amidst the many pages, one guy -- I'm not even sure what his league was anymore -- humbly said «give the Phoenix an upgrade at the Fleet Beacon that increases its range». The reply went apparently unnoticed by other users, but I was glad someone actually saved the day.
While I don't understand what's with the Ghost losing to his already nearly-useless Snipe ability, Blizzard is, apparently, of the same opinion of the above mentioned poster, because Protoss players can now develop Anion Pulse-Crystals, which give Phoenixes +2 range! Cheers!
StarCraft II 1.4.3 Patch Notes:
- APM values displayed on the Leader Board are now calculated by counting every click and command that has been issued by the player.
- EPM values displayed on the Leader Board are calculated by counting only actual commands issued by the player (Effective Actions Per Minute).
- Zerg Larvae are now displayed in the unit panel of the Leader Board.
- A new upgrade has been added to the Fleet Beacon: Anion Pulse-Crystals. This upgrade increases Phoenix weapon range by +2.
- Snipe damage changed from 45 to 25 (+25 vs Psionic).
- Orbital Command Center
- MULE now always returns 30 minerals per trip, regardless of mineral type.
- The “Try the Next Patch” button now properly launches the PTR client when a PTR is available.
- Unread chat notifications no longer reset when entering or leaving a game.
- Map information now loads immediately in the Match History screen after logging onto Battle.net.
- In the Korean version, the Reduced Violence option now remains checked when restoring gameplay defaults.
- Fixed a display issue that could occur when binding certain keys on a French keyboard.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when exiting StarCraft II on systems with Geforce FX 5700 graphics cards.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when saving and loading games between High and Low video settings.
- Fixed an issue that could cause some players to be dropped from custom games after spending an extended time in the lobby.
- Fixed an issue which was causing some players with a full version of SC2 to be stuck in Starter Edition.
- Fixed an issue that could cause ladder matches to sometimes start three seconds late.
- Fixed an issue where overlapping units could sometimes traverse cliff levels.
- Fixed an issue which prevented some players from receiving credit for Top X achievements after Season 3.
- Fixed an issue which caused FFA games to reset the progress of the Team Hot Streak achievement.
- Fixed an issue where the Restart button was incorrectly showing up when loading Vs. AI saved games from previous versions of StarCraft II.