• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Patch 1.27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
I think Blizzard need to fix some spell stats because if for example you cast finger of death (item) on a Golem which is immunity against spells, well the effect still presist but it doesn't cause damage to the target.
They could usualy fix the last chapter of TFT which sometime bug Illidan forces from attempting the circle.
In RoC, Chapter 05, Undead campaign, the banshee can use Possession on an Elf Worker and turn it for the advantage of the undead army, they should fix that aswell by disabling the building construction stats of The Worker as they did in the 8th chapter.

Level 4
Pretty sure the Helf Worker one is intentional, to show the powers of possession.

Also, one thing I would really really like is a lag free "attack zone" system, that basically allows you to dictate which units in which regions can or cannot attack which areas/regions. Right now any system like that would cause massive lag, but having one that's widely available and easy to use could go a long way.

Level 4
Expanding on the "Allowing Hero models to turn off hero glow without reimporting a model" point, giving hero models built in decay animations would be nice as well.

Level 4
You never know. I'd love to see a far simpler buff stacking system, that just lets you use multiple buffs from the same spell type easily in a smooth way.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Really? Since when Blizzard started making requests...
Obviously, as Blizzard hired new personnel for retro game team, they needed input for what is broken and/or needed a fix, since everyone working on WC3 in the first place moved on to other projects. And who would have more knowledge about WC3 than the biggest WC3 community?

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Obviously, as Blizzard hired new personnel for retro game team, they needed input for what is broken and/or needed a fix, since everyone working on WC3 in the first place moved on to other projects. And who would have more knowledge about WC3 than the biggest WC3 community?
While it's truly an obvious solution, the also obvious fact is that big (game) companies aren't historically known for taking that route (which, I suspect, is the understanding at the heart of Warseeker's question).

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
While it's truly an obvious solution, the also obvious fact is that big (game) companies aren't historically known for taking that route (which, I suspect, is the understanding at the heart of Warseeker's question).
Correct; but then again, blizzard has a reputation for listening to it's fans at least occasionally. Remember the return bug and hashtables.

But Why Blizzard didn't listen when she started making patches 1.21 , 1.22...etc?

Is it because of this active community?

Blizzard has been a lot more involved with their playerbase now than before. With things like Twitter, community managers, etc. people have much easier access to Blizzard employees. If you rewind a couple of years, most things were done behind closed doors.

Part of it is customer satisfaction, part of it is PR. Blizzard is partially known for the communities they've produced, so they might feel obligated to invest in those communities to keep them thriving. Not a lot of companies do that (at least not on the level that Blizzard does), but it definitely has its rewards--along with some downsides.

In this case, classic games are revamped almost entirely as a service to fans. You don't make nearly as much money shipping an old title as you do a new one. But there is still a lot of merit to it--and still money to be made if done correctly. Nintendo is a great example of this. They've been revamping all their older games (Ocarina, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess) into HD versions. Almost everything is exactly the same, but textures are updated and a few features/conveniences are added here and there. Yet, it is actually quite successful--and it is worth the investment since it allows people to play their older games without having to buy separate consoles. Same thing applies to Blizzard--and if they are going to bother updating their classic games, then what better audience to appeal to than their devoted communities? :)

Level 11
EDIT: nvm, someone already posted about it

EDIT2: In my opinion, 1.27a will be a small performance update to indicate that they are still working on the game. The same thing happened with Diablo 2, two days ago, they improved performance on modern pc's, increased hack detection and added better support for Mac OS. I didn't even bother downloading the new patch, though I am extremely exited to see what patches are upcoming for both Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3.

Last edited:
Level 23
I am not retarded :D but you know, it could be someone similar and blah blah, basically :D

Lets see if the patch fixes the Jass VM that someone(cant remember the name of this guy[presumably, everyone on internet is guy unless proven otherwise]) posted about, allowing virus injection

And what does the patch has to do with this?

Use your brain and think for a minute, this is about patch 1.27 in general, the other is about the release of patch 1.27a and patch notes. When 1.27b comes out I will create a new thread, just like 1.27a.

That's rather easy to guess - instead of keeping three threads alive (which are related to exact same subject), it's better to stick to just one.

Bad idea. Sticking two different subjects?

Level 4
Use your brain and think for a minute, this is about patch 1.27 in general, the other is about the release of patch 1.27a and patch notes. When 1.27b comes out I will create a new thread, just like 1.27a.
Alright, I fail to see the difference between 1.27 and 1.27a

Mind enlightening me, please?

Level 12
Alright, I fail to see the difference between 1.27 and 1.27a

Mind enlightening me, please?
Currently there is only 1.27a but in the future there might be 1.27b. Those two are both of course then 1.27. It's just the naming scheme Blizzard uses now.

Level 5
Interesting. I am probably the only unique person in the world who had my map stop working with 1.27a. Spent 6 hours yesterday to figure it out(just made new version of the map after 2 month of work and decided it's finally time to test, so I thought it was problem in new version of my map or reinstalled JNPG)

Interesting. I am probably the only unique person in the world who had my map stop working with 1.27a. Spent 6 hours yesterday to figure it out(just made new version of the map after 2 month of work and decided it's finally time to test, so I thought it was problem in new version of my map or reinstalled JNPG)

That is definitely interesting. Another user also experienced bugs in their map--it was supposedly related to the Widgetizer.

When we get the discussion forum up and running, hopefully you'll stop by and shed some light on the issue. :)

Of course, the other people that had their maps stop working were duplicates of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.