• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New User Ranks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
So, as some of you may remember, back in 2012 we announced that users with a total post count of 100 or more would achieve a Grunt rank.

And as we stated back then, this was subject to change. And that change has now arrived!

Check out the overview below:

rankoverview.jpg

Sweet.
Now to burst out the administration's bubble a bit.

Having the Raider, Wind Rider, Shaman and Tauren Chieftain rank icons is really confusing.
That is because they're a reminder of the Moderator, Global Moderator, Administrator and Ralle.

Now, besides that it's not that bad(for a refreshing look...) ~

Edit: Will there be a customized version of these for the Terran theme?

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Edit: Will there be a customized version of these for the Terran theme?
Well, currently we don't have plans for something like that yet. However, we have talked about making users able to switch to another race through their User CP i.e. Peon would become a Peasant if the user's favourte race is set to Human etc.

But, so far, we have decided to stick with the Orcs since we've had those for 10 years and it's more organized that way.

Chaosy said:
Can I change my rank icon? Like if I have unlocked the first 10 or whatever, I want to choose which one of them to use.
Perhaps in the future. But no promises.

Dr Super Good said:
Finally I have icons all for myself. You really did not need to make me 5 though.

Level 23
There is one thing that is missing from the old ones, and it bite me in the ass twice already.

HOVER TOOLTIPS! :D

Its confusing as fuck seeing someone with wyvern icon all of a sudden and I just went "ooh new mod", only then I noticed.

Of course users dont really need one, but mods/admins, like yourself should have one(currently hovering over any of them will produce nothing)

Edit: With this kind of icons, we should also rename ourselfs to Hordeworkshop :D

Edit2: recall, yeah right...

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
There is one thing that is missing from the old ones, and it bite me in the ass twice already.

HOVER TOOLTIPS! :D

Its confusing as fuck seeing someone with wyvern icon all of a sudden and I just went "ooh new mod", only then I noticed.

Of course users dont really need one, but mods/admins, like yourself should have one(currently hovering over any of them will produce nothing)
I agree. These will be added in the very near future.

Roland

R

Roland

Damn I love this update! Well I wish we have a THW rank icon customizer. So members can edit or choose a good looking character :p

Roland

R

Roland

I wanted to be a druid icon >,> or a white wolf.
EDIT: It seems the other banned users icons are damaged, Since they're added with this:
banned.png
other banned users are just stuck with the grunt icon:
rank3.png
or the
rank1.png
icon. we need them replaced with the new icon system :3

Last edited by a moderator:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Wait... does this mean that just posting random nonsense will rank anyone who does so higher!?

And what's the use of choosing a portrait rank when you can upload any image you want for your avatar and profile... But if it's something to choose from, let it be from one of the four races: for instance, instead of the Witch Doctor you could choose either: him, Banshee, Sorceress or Druid of the Talon? Every rank could offer this kind of a change anytime as long as that user is still holding that rank. So no switching back to lower ranks!

Last edited:
Level 22
Wait... does this mean that just posting random nonsense will rank anyone who does so higher!?

So what alternative do you propose? Rep is already visible so it's not a good idea to based it on rep. But then again, so is post count.

EDIT: Other basis I can think of are:
- total resource number
- highest dl count of one resource
- sum of dl count of all resources
It may motivate other users who care on their icon to produce resources.

Level 6
Why not add them depending on the maps/resources a user has made, ofcouse depending on the rating. Just an idea you can consider. For example, someone like Aero (The Chosen Ones' map maker) can get like an immediate 10k posts icon.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
I would like to make it so you unlock these ranks and can pick between the ones you've got.
Yep, as I previously stated, I think we should make that an option later.

Also, keep in mind that spamming is against the site rules, should a user be found guilty of such activity he or she might end up losing his or her rank & post count ;)

Roland

R

Roland

Well, is the user-rank system customizer will be applied on Hive 2.0?

Roland

R

Roland

Well, I don't see any changes of the icons in chat... But i'm excited to see random icons on chat :D

Roland

R

Roland

I want mine too like a wolf >,< Or a druid like furion!

Well, I can't wait for the new chat icons :D

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
EDIT: Other basis I can think of are:
- total resource number
- highest dl count of one resource
- sum of dl count of all resources
It may motivate other users who care on their icon to produce resources.
Yes for their work, it would be best. That and the +rep (contests and from resources) would suffice. But then, this rank could only be a forum activity rank, so yes, then it wouldn't matter that much. But then the current reputation wouldn't be much more different form it only for that spread issue.
Why not add them depending on the maps/resources a user has made, ofcouse depending on the rating. Just an idea you can consider. For example, someone like Aero (The Chosen Ones' map maker) can get like an immediate 10k posts icon.
Well defining quality/rating as an icon would complicate things even if it would be a more precise way of implementing the ranking system.

Status
Not open for further replies.