• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MLG | Notices! | "Sea of Chaos"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
{EDIT 19-Nov 16:20 GMT: Remember that the streams are not always online, if you've clicked the «red stream» or «blue stream» links and nothing is going on, there's the possibility that you're off the schedule, in which case you should check the schedule and see at what time it is coming back online. They will be broadcasting again within approximately 10 minutes, however, so stay tuned!}

Another Major Gaming League (MLG) is being held in Providence, Rhode Island. It will, as always, house great StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty pro play that you can assist to directly from your home through the live streams (red stream and blue stream). I believe it will go live at 22 o'clock GMT.People who are into the SC2 pro scene may also like to read this article.On another note, two more SC2 maps have entered the spotlight, here's the article.
As you've probably noticed, I've been experimenting around with notices and the result was sort of gratifying, but I'd like to have your constructive feedback as well. However, I know that the overflow does not work correctly in early versions of Internet Explorer, so I have no idea how it's displaying for them. This is how it should look:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

107794d1320282441-hive-banner-contest-hive-workshop2.png
We're trying to improve our news section by better advertising our hosted projects (as stated above), but we'll also be highlighting some of the most promising user creations in Map Development, on which Vengeancekael has been keeping an eye; he's the one to thank for the following presentation of "Sea of Chaos", a single-player RPG by Naiden. Our maps moderator states that this custom scenario has «an amazing environment, a lot of content, challenging foes, a large amount of custom spells, models, special events and best of all, a very interesting storyline».
«After 10 years, a half-elf "Melsana Vel'Dyr" comes to her native village of Westbridge to visit her adoptive father Sorgan and to take a rest for a while.
But the ruler of Westbridge "Ghaliver Longstocking" has been poisoned and her father is in prison. Melsana believes that her father is innocent and she wants to arrest the traitor and solve this mystery, but strange things happen in village, some people have gone missing and someone attacks the caravans».
Likely something worth checking out!

Screenshots:

Links:
Be sure to check out the map's development thread and to give Naiden some positive feedback! Also, the map's prologue has been released, scoring a 4/5 (Recommended) rating!

Last edited:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Yeah, you already know this, but I don't like the huge notices one bit. They are way too large.

Level 22
Beatiful terrains, I admit it. It's like it's not even War3 anymore.

Sometimes they put new portraits with some of their SC2 maps idk if that's the case with these maps. Makes no difference nm what the portraits are, I'm tired of unanimated portraits when I enter bnet, give us animated in Player Profile >_>

Im rather looking forward to WCG 2011, this is gonna be epic, the first WCG with SC2

Level 23
NaNiWa really is convincing. The best Protoss of Europe.
Also, MVP vs. MC coming up, which should be pretty interesting aswell.
Before I saw Haypro falling against MVP, after Haypro's kind of Comeout beating Illusion, Select, Kiwikaki AND NesTea, who seems to have layed the base for a rivalry with Naniwa in there last clashes. Also, Leenock, after eliminating Idra, was able to take down the Winner of the last MLG, HuK.
I am just sad, that Ret really did not play convincing so far. Apart from that really great matches and very exciting and high level plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.