• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Dwarven Monster Slayer / Dota 6.78

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
The Dwarven Monster Slayers
New Hosted Project by MoCo

3fe07659409310e48ede67d4cbe8d699_65138.gif
"Dwarven Monster Slayers" is a fast paced 1-5 player coop survival arcade RPG slasher game. The map features a massive load of completely new monsters, a detailed and atmospheric dungeon scenario, a considerable amount of gore and the best: DWARVES!

b98eac199f32818d861dc8eadf7b5483_64851.gif
OVERVIEW:

1a741fbdfbc324e088ae4b7bdf7e6a25_65137.gif
SCREEN SHOTS:

Downloadable Content will be coming soon, so for now here's a teaser video of the project:

194715-albums6441-picture69922.jpg
Artwork by su-ke
DOTA ALLSTARS:
Version 6.78 Release!

DotA Allstars has once again updated. The latest version features two new Sentinel Heroes and a lot of changes from previous Heroes, Items, Gameplay Cosmetics and tons of Bug fixes

you can view the whole changelog here: LINK

Last edited:
It seems like people expect proper journalism as soon as they read "news".
Now, let's remember where we are...
Is it possible for this place to feature actual news of various genres?
Hardly, unless there are people in this community who actually studied journalism and collected experience in (high?) quality media/newspapers.
What we get to read here, are journals, or blog entries.

Hive "news" (their presentation and content) are usually highly subjective. The one who writes them decides what's going to be in it. There are no check-ups before or afterwards.
It's pretty much a one-man-show.

Now, we could try to make this an actually constructive discussion, hm?
Let me try.

DotA itself has nothing to do with Hive matters. It's no official Blizzard Entertainment product, either. So why is it in the "news" ?
Probably because the thought of "hey, this could be interesting and expand that news post" came up.
Now, if one was aiming for quality, one wouldn't artificially blow up posts with stuff that's unrelated to Hive's business.
Differentiate between what's worthwhile, legit information, significant for this site, and what's purely populist. There's no need to feed "the community" with information that's irrelevant to Hive matters, just to try and affect it in one way or another/trigger reactions.
Get rid of unnecessary (and wrong) bonds and influences, and try to work on objective news. Focus on criteria that represent this site's role.

Now, that was quite serious, wasn't it? Sorry for that.

Alternatively, one could simply disregard what one doesn't particularly like.
I mean, one doesn't read newspapers/journals one despises (at least I don't, and why would you?).
It's not affecting anything around here on a scale that makes it significant enough, really.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Way to be hostile and negative guys. Honestly. We're planning on covering the Warcraft modding area in general and DotA is part of it, like it or not. If you have something big to announce, perhaps we'll post that too. If you don't want to read it, just skip it. Orcnet made that easy by not writing it in one block of text.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Figures that they probably changed the heroes a lot in about the 1 or 2 years I haven't played DotA, because Phoenix used to suck and its HP loss is being increased, Drow used to be rigged and its aura is getting a buff, Broodmother's incapacitation was way overpowered and now it makes you miss even more, Counter Helix is a nightmare and it's buffed — etc etc, like Keeper of Light losing strength despite being useless late game (back then)...

Level 18
Seriously guys, what's wrong with DotA? It also keeps wc3 alive.

Only because it's the map that killed it in the first place.

This is from my view of a mapmaker, DotA killed the entire custom map community and b.net hosting a good 3-4 years ago, DotA was the only thing being played and you were lucky to see something else.

{/rant}

Level 16
Actually, Dota is not a part of hive, IceFrog is not related with hive at all, except for the few models and icons he used.

so why bother adding Dota to hive news? its named "Hive" News for some reason.

Its not like I am againts it or anything, one could simply ignore it lol.

because Dota afterall, kept wc3 alive up till now.

you know, just shut that's all.
Think of, when would you be able to create such map, don't even answer just shut.

Most of us wouldn't want to create a map as painfully overrated as DOTA. Not to mention the painfully dull and overly generic gameplay. DOTA isn't even an original Idea. Ever heard of Aeon of Strife anyone? And I agree, we don't care about DOTA's news on Hive. Moco's map, however, may be a breath of fresh air. I'm already very impressed with Moco from his BUGS map, and I know we can expect to see great things from him.

Those who hate dota is just insecure because it is very popular! Thats the truth!

Does Ice Frog knows that DotA is on the hive news?...

you could also post the download link.. www.getdota.com

Or because some of us really find it to be no fun at all?

Seriously guys, what's wrong with DotA? It also keeps wc3 alive.

If someone was in great pain, and the only thing keeping it alive was a nasty parasite that somehow gained something from its host while providing it with minimal nutrients, would you be happy it was alive or would you want it out of its misery?

Level 20
I don't like DOTA either, but I don't really see the big deal with it being in Hive news... Just ignore it if you don't like it.
I don't like every page in the newspaper(s) I read, but that doesn't mean I feel the need to go camp outside the print house and yell about it.

The Dwarf Map looks cool though, glad to see there's still some quality modding around, it's just a shame I can't coax anyone I know into playing good old WC3.

I don't like DOTA either, but I don't really see the big deal with it being in Hive news... Just ignore it if you don't like it.
I don't like every page in the newspaper(s) I read, but that doesn't mean I feel the need to go camp outside the print house and yell about it.

The Dwarf Map looks cool though, glad to see there's still some quality modding around, it's just a shame I can't coax anyone I know into playing good old WC3.

Well you do bring up a good point sir, but know this some things need to be said. This is one of those things.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I played some wc3 DotA yesterday. Maybe it's just the -em mode granting you 2 or 3 levels per hero kill, but if the the game was already suspicious balance-wise, now it has become completely rigged. The way that I saw Slark getting ultra kills in about every game and intelligence heroes starting with ridiculously low HP in comparison, the situation overall looks worse than last time I played it years ago.

dota this dota that. sadly dota killed the community of mapmakers mostly.

However can't wait to see that new map coming out, looks fun. great video.

Offtopic: Please for hive... keep it to hive news, not dota news. Ralle you are wrong, dota isn't part of modding wc3. dota is the killer of wc3 as well they do have their own forum filled with lots of people.

Offtopic: Please for hive... keep it to hive news, not dota news. Ralle you are wrong, dota isn't part of modding wc3. dota is the killer of wc3 as well they do have their own forum filled with lots of people.

Its the common case of Stockholm's syndrome. People get so used to their virus that has taken over the system, they can't imagine a system without it.

Off Topic - if you will just get angry on dota then go off.. those people who dont apprecitate the game don't know how to play the game at all..

If you have nothing in the post except off-topic, and not in the off-topic section then you shouldn't be posting here.

Off-Topic: You are are wrong.

Level 19
Off Topic - if you will just get angry on dota then go off.. those people who dont apprecitate the game don't know how to play the game at all..

You wanna bet?

Thank god so many people remember how many idea's have been stolen from this and other communities.
But like you people say. Ignore it. Whatever. Whoop da shoop. No hate, only love!

Level 32
Sheesh no flaming. So much hate guys, come on. You know DotA is popular because people like it and its a good game (opinion).

It's like always hating on the biggest person/group/etc just because they are the 'best' at what they/he/she is doing.

Honestly, I like how this is on the news, it is fine here.

PS. DotA is not in my top 20 fav maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.