• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Chosen Ones: Hosted Project is Out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
194715-albums6441-picture93912.png

Warcraft III Map Hosted Project by: Aeroblyctos

We would like to announce with our deep love and patience that the Hosted Project "THE CHOSEN ONES" is finally completely released!

194715-albums4513-picture65136.gif
The Chosen Ones is a Single Player Campaign designed for a Massive Role Playing Game genre. The Project is finally completed after huge hard work of the game throughout the years, as well as given a lot of feed backs from users, spiraled topics, and the most argued game across the site for a long time.

Here, you can see how the development of the project has gone through from building up the concept, up till the process of stabilizing a neat game test for every user here to play!

* Challenge Archive (This is where it all started)
* Map Development (The beginning of the campaign's development)
* Hosted Projecthttp://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/site-discussion-97/hives-new-hosted-project-96705/ (The approval of the map's value for Hiveworkshop's Hosted Project)

The Story goes on the Kingdom of Balgaron residing three famous Dragon Slayers: Phodom, Fradz and Galeoth.

Each of them starts their journey in different places, they will eventually meet each other and join forces along the path as the three are forced to go a conflict beyond their imaginations.

The Game Features a massively 10 chapters, 9 interludes, a prologue and epilogue as for the storyboard. Dozens of unique systems that will be seen and used on the gameplay itself while expressing beautiful cut-scenes with over 100 cinematics.

There are 33 different kind of strategic boss battles for you to raid in the game as well as hundred more of mini-bosses to tackle before you get in the real deal, This is where your scripted heroes must gain powerful abilities and spell book to master!

Here are some of more intriguing game mechanics that will be see on the map:

* Dazzling effects everywhere you travel
* Significant amount of main and optional quests
* Over 500 custom items
* Complicated optional puzzles that needs brains to solve
* Own unique music themes
* Over 1500 imported materials
* Hundreds of secret treasures
* Official website where you can share your experience to others

SCREEN SHOTS

You can continue your pleasurable entertainment for the game through the use of this links by checking the Map itself and how its current updates will be progressed on the Hosted Project links here:

Map Section: LINK
Hosted Project: LINK

Level 14
This is one of the best and most challenging single player RPG campaigns on the site. It is one of my favorites and is definitely worth it to play. There are a lot of walkthroughs that can help with the difficulty as well as a large number of difficulty levels. There is even one that allows you to use cheats.

It may not be for everyone, of course, but as far as I'm concerned it is a benchmark in what WC3 modding can be. (at least for single player)

I have used this campaign as inspiration numerous times in my own campaign. The items, the systems, the abilities, the boss fights. They are all very well done and are something that should be admired.

Congratulations Aero, I knew it was just a matter of time before it was all finished. Now I have to play it again and see if I'm up to the challenge.

Level 37
Just like the sun rises and goes down
Just like the flowers blooms and wither
And just like people born and die
My time was and now it is time to say farewell

--- MY MISSION

I came to Hiveworkshop with only on thing on my mind: creating maps. I did create many but the greatest challenge was the campaign. Now after years of creating, it is done.

--- ABOUT ME

As years run by I started using the forums and met great people. Actually if I start to think deeper, this is the only forum except my own forum where I have been posting and met new friends. Even two guys came from Serbian to Finland few years ago. Funny guys indeed. Anyway, this place has always been a special place for me and I believe for many others too.

--- THE MOST ACTIVE TIME

When the site was most active around 2006-2010 the place was full of "flame wars". Those I remember like yesterday. And those days, in the end, I liked most. Back then I liked to argue with people, challenge them and even say bad words playfully. I have always loved the drama but as I have grown older even that has become "grey".

--- ELITISM

I have always hated elitism and still do. Even if I could now be with my post and rep count arrogant and dickhead I don't want to be. It's just not me. I'm thankful this place has been or at least tried to be friendly to everyone. Even here elitism has taken place, but most of those guys flew away with "the Great Purge".

--- CAMPAIGN

It took a lot longer than I expected to finish the project. It was crazy to use countless hours for one thing. It was totally madness. Even I gave up two times but still came back. It probably was my craziness, my foolishness or perhaps my conscientious that brought me back.

Anyway, I won this competition which started the campaign years ago. Where is my reward!? ;)

--- MY THANKS

Some people just like to go away silently as they came. I'm a little different: I need a dazzling, colorful and happy farewell. Instead of thanking individually people I just thank everyone at the same time. Thank you, it was fun. Those who know me a little bit more, know that my warm heart always remembers you and the time we used to together.

--- AND I GO

The campaign was the final project. It is time to move on with my life. Next I start to focus working life or studying. Next month tells me that. What I will do with my spare time is writing a book. Those who are doubtful if I can write; I write the book with my mother language. Not with this shit language I can't write. Hell - how many grammar errors does this farewell even have!? Over 9000!?

--- SOME MEMORABLE TOPICS FROM ME

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/mystery-friza-36331/ - This was posted earlier to wc3search where it was deleted(trolol, too big map for that place). After few years later I posted it to here and with Ralle's help we allowed maps to be bigger).
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/off-topic-478/who-most-active-map-maker-40286/ - Me as a young, egoistic fool.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/requests-341/translation-request-53345/ - This and 20 more stupid "translate" requests. Oh, and by the way, I have 160 topics in Request forum all for this campaign. Without your immense help guys, I would have never finished The Chosen Ones.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/site-discussion-97/hives-new-hosted-project-96705/ - One of the many flame wars I started. At this I wanted the campaign to be a Hosted Project. I failed.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/idea-factory-462/migty-boss-fights-95311/ - I gathered a lot of ideas from you guys. Thanks for the help.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/terrain-board-267/winter-theme-53752/ - I was also part of the Terrain forum but I wasn't that great terrainer.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/off-topic-478/r-i-p-121851/ - My cat actually came back after three months. Vili still is alive and lives with my parents. I have moved on.

--- FAREWELL

Hyvästi.

Level 12
Congratulations on finishing this monumental task! I remember playing the first version you uploaded to the hive and it is astonishing to see all the improvements that have been made over the years. :)

And to those who says that the campaign is too slow, I can't really blame you. The campaign is slow, and especially if you do not know how to play it. If I am not mistaken it even has a system in place for you to restart from the beginning with all your gold which means it encourages you to replay the campaign although I am sure this is by no means necessary and should only be used in the higher difficulties or to be able to aquire all the numerous items and item sets.

All in all, I think that this campaign deserves a playthrough and it will definitely take some time to play it all if you explore everything and take on the elite and epic bosses.

Hope everyone takes their time to enjoy a nice campaign!

Level 37
I find it embarrassing that this is on the front page of THW
How so?

It was too hard for me. Cheats were blocked too if I recall, pretty sad.

Wont be giving it another try :p

They are not locked if you play on the lowest difficulty.

This is one of the best and most challenging single player RPG campaigns on the site. It is one of my favorites and is definitely worth it to play. There are a lot of walkthroughs that can help with the difficulty as well as a large number of difficulty levels. There is even one that allows you to use cheats.

It may not be for everyone, of course, but as far as I'm concerned it is a benchmark in what WC3 modding can be. (at least for single player)

I have used this campaign as inspiration numerous times in my own campaign. The items, the systems, the abilities, the boss fights. They are all very well done and are something that should be admired.

Congratulations Aero, I knew it was just a matter of time before it was all finished. Now I have to play it again and see if I'm up to the challenge.

Thank you.

I find your comment embarrassing as well.
But hey, that's life.

Gratz on this, Aero.
Has been a long trip for you.

Too long. Heh. Thanks!

Dude, congrats! So happy to see you got it done! Must feel pretty damn good.

First I felt little empty but then I have my book which fills the role of the campaign. Thanks a lot.

Congratulations Aeroblyctos, this was a damn long project. Cheers :)

Cheers!

Congratulations on finishing this monumental task! I remember playing the first version you uploaded to the hive and it is astonishing to see all the improvements that have been made over the years. :)

And to those who says that the campaign is too slow, I can't really blame you. The campaign is slow, and especially if you do not know how to play it. If I am not mistaken it even has a system in place for you to restart from the beginning with all your gold which means it encourages you to replay the campaign although I am sure this is by no means necessary and should only be used in the higher difficulties or to be able to aquire all the numerous items and item sets.

All in all, I think that this campaign deserves a playthrough and it will definitely take some time to play it all if you explore everything and take on the elite and epic bosses.

Hope everyone takes their time to enjoy a nice campaign!

Hehe. Yeah, well it's like playing a Final Fantasy games. I have seen some people playing this game over 100 HOURS. That's amazing. Really.

Level 26
Awesome campaign. Period. But dude... Final battle... Like... Really? Too hard.
Played on hard difficulty the first time I played the whole thing through. Well, almost, except for last boss, which was IMPOSSIBLE to beat. So... I used the "give up" function (awesome idea btw) and replayed the whole thing on easy... Still. Impossible to beat even though I recieved some pretty awesome items restarting with 100k gold and 134 Honour points...

Please! tell me this before you leave... What is the "bonus" you get for restarting the campaign from "the end"?
I gotts to knoaw!

Anyhow... Really good job on making this campaign. :)

Level 37
One of the best and I'm pretty sure that we will never see a map with this quality again ever. I played this before and reached chapter 7 butI'm planning to start over.'

Nice, nice and nice.

Awesome campaign. Period. But dude... Final battle... Like... Really? Too hard.
Played on hard difficulty the first time I played the whole thing through. Well, almost, except for last boss, which was IMPOSSIBLE to beat. So... I used the "give up" function (awesome idea btw) and replayed the whole thing on easy... Still. Impossible to beat even though I recieved some pretty awesome items restarting with 100k gold and 134 Honour points...

Please! tell me this before you leave... What is the "bonus" you get for restarting the campaign from "the end"?
I gotts to knoaw!

Anyhow... Really good job on making this campaign. :)

Why is the last boss hard? Do you mean the last part? If you just "survive" 10 minutes you can win the battle. You don't even need to kill the last boss. Just "survive".

A few players have beaten the last boss. By defeating Chapter 10 Epic Boss you will have one superior item which helps a lot defeating the final boss.

http://tcocampaign.com/index.php?topic=1517.0

Level 20
It was too hard for me. Cheats were blocked too if I recall, pretty sad.

Wont be giving it another try :p

Just try it...It isn't that hard.If you build you're character properly you wont have that much trouble.Glad to see it finished.Now i know i am going to do for the entire week :p *downloading*

Status
Not open for further replies.