• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battle.net reset for WarCraft III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
194715-albums4664-picture98547.png

There was been a message that's been received in the weekends by one of our user: titans_zealot from the Blizzard's classic team, and an image depicting the certain news from one of the users at reddit.com by pointing this image out:

194715-albums4664-picture98546.png

You can see their comments by going in this link here: LINK

As well as introduction videos by wtiiwarcraft:

What are you thoughts about this? could this be good news or the other way around? leave a comment and let us discuss! :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 6
Thank you for pointing the changes out Orcnet, wasn't 100% sure what exactly got changed.

Well to be honest my thoughts on this are:
Everyone is happy that human is viable again, and I'm just sitting here waiting for proper Widescreen-Support.

But hey, I don't want to be only grumpy. At least they've done something for the ladder scene, which is okay.
Personally tho, this patch doesn't affect me at all.

Level 3
Thats realy good news,but that are not great news,becasue it is possible that the new maps are just puted to keep the game alive,and that means that the maps should bring some people on the game,So its like a feedback,or all what i said is wrong,and that are great news,so the map can mean a new version ,or a new expansion,so it is too possible that the movie is not the only thing that comes,so maybe comes a new game ,or a new WARCRAFT!

Guys everything is possible now.

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I'm glad that they noted "More to come." At least there is the prospect of more changes happening. :) Who knows, maybe they'll finally implement a classics game section into the launcher, especially since they already have some of the files.

I don't expect any editor changes or anything like that, but I'm happy that they at least made some sort of update.

Level 6
I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I'm glad that they noted "More to come." At least there is the prospect of more changes happening. :) Who knows, maybe they'll finally implement a classics game section into the launcher, especially since they already have some of the files.

I don't expect any editor changes or anything like that, but I'm happy that they at least made some sort of update.

You are right!! I've totally lost that last sentence.

"More to come from the classic games team soon"
This brings back my hope. I mean we all know that it's not going to be a new expansion.
But maybe, just maybe we can expect a little Revival. This let's me dream again.

Level 6
It would be good to to make changes to editor as well, but thats only can happen when Classic Team make another patch.

now that you mention it, i'm interested in why nobody (including me who gets matched up with orc players often) has said that yet. :p

i think most people have just accepted it. no one really expects balance changes at this point, so no one will complain extensively about it, kinda like with ssb melee.

then why even bother

at least now people will switch over to w3arena

Level 5
I'm really happy that they reseted the battle.net, my key is now free of any ghost bot.

I really hope that the bots won't be taking back the custom games again... Or at least, not all the keys that connect to the games.

I'd really love to keep having access to the battle.net since I paid for my keys.
(Thanks blizzard for bringing it back! :) )

Level 5
well, there are much less ghost hosted room in the custom.
and now I can connect with my key.

And no I've not been on makemehost...
I've been playing on battle.net and searched for some rooms everytime I wanted to play online.

But with the ghost bots you can get the players key. (I've tried it in LAN, which dosn't need any keys entered in it, on my last installed warcraft 3 and I had internet closed incase it would steal anything.)

Still, I'm happy that the battle.net is working again. Was getting bored of playing on localhost with my friends...

(Sorry tho if I explained and still explain bad, I'm still learning english so I may make some mistakes that may alter the comprehention...)

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Guys, be realistic... we won't get another real patch in WC3.

I think the "more stuff to come" phrase was referring to improved website functionality.

... maybe we get some widescreen support further down the line. But that's pretty much the show. I'd be surprised if anyone at blizzard actually knows about all the bugs in the game.

Level 12
I'd be surprised if anyone at blizzard actually knows about all the bugs in the game.
I've considered adding a "gameplay bugs" bullet point to my wish list. If you like, contribute your knowledge to the thread. Most interesting are bugs/exploits that affect the standard melee game of course.

Level 5
Guys, be realistic... we won't get another real patch in WC3.

I think the "more stuff to come" phrase was referring to improved website functionality.

... maybe we get some widescreen support further down the line. But that's pretty much the show. I'd be surprised if anyone at blizzard actually knows about all the bugs in the game.

But at least we can play on battle.net again ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.