• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.27 has been confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
151894d1453799199-patch-1-27-patch127.png

Patch 1.27a has been announced by Robert Bridenbecker - Blizzard's Vice President of Online Technologies. It will be available worldwide in March 15 2016.

Bridenbecker, who is Blizzard’s head for Classic Games, made the announcement to the Chinese eSports Warcraft 3 community. What seems unusual about the announcement is that the last time Warcraft 3 received a patch was in March 25, 2011, or nearly five years ago. Bridenbecker also revealed that this update, named Patch 1.27, will be released simultaneously worldwide on March 15, 2016.

Our source found a confirmation of the reported patch as early as last January. However, back then this came from a report in Chinese, that had to be machine translated. With Bridenbecker himself appearing onscreen, this time it is all but confirmed that the patch is on its way. Full article...

Greetings Warcraft 3 player community in China, my name is Robert Bridenbecker and I'm at the classic games group here in Blizzard. Thank you very much for your support over the past decade of playing Warcraft 3. Over the past few months you may have noticed we've introduced a new battle platform, it's introduced features like matchmaking, the ability to communicate with your friends, the level that is unparalleled to anything that we have done with Warcraft 3 in the market before. And on top of that we're proud to announce that on March 15th the next patch for Warcraft 3 will be available on the market simultaneously with the rest of the globe. This is only our first stop and we look forward to having a long journey. Thank you again for all of your commitment and we look forward to seeing you online.

Original announcement video can be found in here.

Last edited:
So despite them still recruiting for staff for maintaining the old games they have a patch ready? Why is the YouTube in Chinese when Blizzard only ever announces in English?

Because this announcement was specifically targeted to the Chinese community (he says it himself). Why? Because its one of the largest communities still playing Warcraft 3 and having active tournaments.

Level 21
I wonder if we will get a patch for us.
Because I have some maps I am working on, and I hope it doesn't wreck them.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Well seeing as they are still recruiting the engineers to fix up the game, there is a very good chance this is nothing more than a glorified balance patch.

Because this announcement was specifically targeted to the Chinese community (he says it himself). Why? Because its one of the largest communities still playing Warcraft 3 and having active tournaments.
So what the hell is Hive Workshop then?!

Level 32
What DSG said. There's a chance that 1.27 might not be the giant patch optimistic modders were dreaming about simply because it would be too early for that. It may not be a patch that affects the modding and custom games community, but rather a ladder balance and anti-spam and anti-maphack patch. That's definitely the priority!

Regardless, they've seen our suggestions and from what I can say, the "interaction" went well :)

Imo, it's pretty clear that this will be a small patch and the big things we all expect will come in later. They even said in that video that this is just the first step.

He said "stop" not "step". Who knows for how long they had been working on this, we don't even know the confirmed patch log. But I am definitely excited, it's the first patch in four years.

A Void, I think it'd be a good idea to link the old 1.27 thread.

The old thread is no longer accurate, it's full of speculation.

Level 15
What DSG said. There's a chance that 1.27 might not be the giant patch optimistic modders were dreaming about simply because it would be too early for that. It may not be a patch that affects the modding and custom games community, but rather a ladder balance and anti-spam and anti-maphack patch. That's definitely the priority!

Regardless, they've seen our suggestions and from what I can say, the "interaction" went well :)

Just curious, how do you know this? By what source came this knowledge?

A vague little tease, I know. I'll let Ralle be the one to leak whatever is allowed to be leaked, though.

:ogre_hurrhurr:

A Void, I think it'd be a good idea to link the old 1.27 thread.

I am not sure how much I am permitted to say. Let's just say that Blizzard is back and not for a single patch :).

:ogre_hurrhurr:

Moar!

I am not sure how much I am permitted to say. Let's just say that Blizzard is back and not for a single patch :).

"Permitted"
Good to know you were informed. I know enough about these deals, to not want to break them, by asking you for information, you're not allowed to give. And actually take it as a good sign that there is enough information to give, that there is something to hide.

Carry on, the future of Wc3 just got brighter. :ogre_love:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
"Permitted"
Good to know you were informed. I know enough about these deals, to not want to break them, by asking you for information, you're not allowed to give. And actually take it as a good sign that there is enough information to give, that there is something to hide.

Carry on, the future of Wc3 just got brighter. :ogre_love:
Yeah, this right here.

Will old maps workwith this patch?

Do you mean pre-1.24 maps that were broken by the patch? I don't think so. They could if they added typecasting natives--maybe--but as it stands there isn't an easy way to programmatically convert the old maps (since generic typecasting is limited)--conversions mostly have to be done manually.

If you're asking whether current maps will be broken by the new patch, then I'd say no. I don't think so.

Level 10
It would be cool if they reprogrammed the entire game. Suppose ,as capcom reprogrammed legendary Resident Evil 0 and 1.But of course, it will never happen .
We can only dream about it , but everything is possible..something comes to my mind...ahhh...Warcraft 4

Level 3
I hope that old maps won't become unplayable (AND some stupid limitation like being forced to be online to play in single player). By the way great news! especially if in the future we can hope to have more than 8mb limitation for multiplayer maps.

Level 12
About time! So damn hyped for this! It was about time for them to take a look back and get back to this awesome game! I'm as hyped and happy as everyone else here is!

Level 4
"simultenaously on 15th march 2016 worldwidely" is unclear, when exactly? 8hAM uswest time? 00h00 AM Australia time? WHEN EXACTLY PLEASE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.