• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Progress report on next version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
In this thread I will be posting updates about the progress of 3.0.3, keeping the people up to date on what is going on.

Current Patch Notes: http://tkok.freeforums.org/wip-3-0-3-patch-notes-12-10-1-50pm-t2057.html

New heroes to be unlocked in 3.0.3 will be:
  • Barbarian

New areas to be unlocked in 3.0.3 will be:
  • The Jaharra Barrens
  • Grom'Gol (the orc city)
  • The Valley of Trials (a brand new zone)
  • The Ancient Tombs (a brand new zone)

New bosses to be unlocked:
  • The Sand Golem
  • Kin'shir - The Scorpion King
  • The Ancient Ancestors (a room containing 5 orc bosses)

12/14 - 11:30am
Barrens testing is just about complete, the new quests / bosses / mini bosses are pretty well balanced and defiantly offer a good challenge, even on normal mode. I have now included upgraded tooltips for when you spend talent points on Improved abilities so the tooltips properly display the new effects. I have also finished making the hero edits to the current classes. You can read all the details about these things in the patch notes

12/01 - 1:00pm
The barrens is now done and will soon be in alpha testing to make sure it all works as intended. There are 7 initial quests you pick up right away in the new Tol'Calm Front Gate outpost. There are 4 centaur camps each with its own mini boss. All 4 mini bosses are part of the main story line. The missing caravan now offers only 1 new quest, which continues the story line. The mini boss at the end of the caravan assault will drop an item that will allow you to continue. Grom'Gol is no longer open to travel until you complete the story quest to free the town of the sand storm that envelopes it.

11/26 - 2:50pm
Been a while since I updated on 3.0.3 so here we go. The terrain for the new Tomb is 100% done. Theory crafting for the new monsters to appear in the tomb is done, but they still need to be programmed. All the new centaur, coyote's and scorpions found in the Jaharra Barrens are all programmed including their abilities. 4 new centaur mini-bosses and their abilities are programmed. Working on the quests for the Barrens now, we are looking at 5 side quests, and 1 main quest chain that will be about 4-5 parts leading to the Tomb

10/29 - 2:00am
Testing of the Phantom Stalker is now in effect, seems to be going pretty good. We are also testing 3.0.2 in general making more adjustments and fixes. Mana regen on the multiboard now works properly. Items now bind to your hero upon pushing that save button, and are auto bound when you load. The official release of 3.0.2 will be here soon, hang in there!

10/27 - 10:20pm
The assassin has been renamed to Phantom Stalker. She is now complete and will be starting testing for balance and debugging. Also working on the new surprise. Most players probably won't get to see it, but for my hardcore players.. they will enjoy it (hint hint)

10/26 - 9:10am
Not much happened this weekend, wasn't home for 3 days. Did manage to get all the ground work for the new hero coded and the base abilities are now working. The next step is to add in the talent tree and start coding all the bonus effects

10/23 - 11:55am
Today I added 2 new functions to the Games Options menu in the Actions Menu:
  • Change Cam View (-cview)
    Change Cam Distance (-cdist)
The default camera distance is now foced to 2250 (default is 1800). This allows slightly more viewable distance around the heroes. Toggling the Change cam Distance button will switch between 1800, 2250, and 2750 (in that order)

Change Cam View for now offers only 2 options: Free Cam, Locked Cam. Will possibly add a 3rd person chase cam (not just a standard locked cam that rotates).

10/23 - 1:45am
We have totally wiped out the entire save system I created for 3.0.3... all that work just deleted! However, we installed a brand new system (created by a 3rd party to be named later for credit on his work) which offers so much more security, utility, and overall is just so much better than what I wrote. The new system is installed and working fully working. Calling that done.

The system now allows you to save your hero with unspent stat and talent points. When you load your hero, these unspent points are now properly restored.

I am now moving over to the talent system. I am adding requirements to talents that will prevent users from taking Improved or Empowered talents if they never grab the base talents. At this time I do not plan on blocking talents if they are unrelated to each other.

Last edited:
Level 11
the next patch will no longer be beta thus code wiping, switching to the new code system, and turning on features such as: Item binding, single player codes differ from multiplayer, and some other things I allowed in the beta so people could explore/test better

Level 11
in the official 3.0.2 that is in testing, no

Just some balance issues with the new hero I'm working out

Level 11
Yes, 3.0.2 codes will load just fine into 3.0.3

{EDIT}
updated to reflect work to date

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.