[Log in / Register]
| News | Chat | Pastebin | Donations | Tutorials | Rules | Forums |
| Maps | Skins | Icons | Models | Spells | Tools | Jass | Packs | Hosted Projects | Starcraft II Modding | Starcraft II Resources | Galaxy Wiki |
(Keeps Hive Alive)
Go Back   The Hive Workshop > Warcraft III > Resources > JASS Resources

JASS Resources Find JASS code snippets and functions here or write your own and post it on the Submissions sub-forum.

Old 03-30-2012, 07:13 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered User D.O.G.
\m/

D.O.G. has a spectacular aura about (140)D.O.G. has a spectacular aura about (140)D.O.G. has a spectacular aura about (140)D.O.G. has a spectacular aura about (140)
With checking for sync I can set CHECK_SPACE_TIME to 0.1 and this will work as your second idea.

I think I will test new code today, but I don't promise.
D.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered User Troll-Brain
cool != useful

Troll-Brain is a glorious beacon of light (469)Troll-Brain is a glorious beacon of light (469)Troll-Brain is a glorious beacon of light (469)
More comments are needed if you set it to 0.1, because users would expect to be more accurate than it is.

Also, i suppose a GetLastTimeSync function wouldn't hurt.

Finally instead of the SpacePressed function it would be better to use a function interface or a custom function with a code argument.
I agree that it is a very specifical use, but "hardcoding" a stuff in a needed library is not a good practice.

Or just use the Event library, as it is afterall a custom event.
- less efficient != inefficient
- features, less verbosity, decent api, safety > ridiculous script "efficiency" "won" and map broken. That's all a matter of scale.
Troll-Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:36 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered User D.O.G.
\m/

D.O.G. has a spectacular aura about (140)D.O.G. has a spectacular aura about (140)D.O.G. has a spectacular aura about (140)D.O.G. has a spectacular aura about (140)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll-Brain View Post
More comments are needed if you set it to 0.1, because users would expect to be more accurate than it is.

Also, i suppose a GetLastTimeSync function wouldn't hurt.

Finally instead of the SpacePressed function it would be better to use a function interface or a custom function with a code argument.
I agree that it is a very specifical use, but "hardcoding" a stuff in a needed library is not a good practice.

Or just use the Event library, as it is afterall a custom event.
Can tell me how to do custom events?

Anyway, code even with checking for sync doesn't work in multiplayer. I don't have any idea...
Old 03-31-2012, 12:31 AM   #19 (permalink)
cool != useful

Troll-Brain is a glorious beacon of light (469)Troll-Brain is a glorious beacon of light (469)Troll-Brain is a glorious beacon of light (469)
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.O.G. View Post
Can tell me how to do custom events?

Anyway, code even with checking for sync doesn't work in multiplayer. I don't have any idea...
I suppose there are some libraries here which use the library Event.
You could take them as an example.

It doesn't work, even with the boolean ?
How it doesn't work btw ?

You could also back to the loop sync (first block of code), because as said i'm not 100 % sure it will work even if it should.

And finally the guy who wrote about the sync stuff could be wrong.
- features, less verbosity, decent api, safety > ridiculous script "efficiency" "won" and map broken. That's all a matter of scale.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:47 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered User Nestharus
Semi-Here

Nestharus has disabled reputation
This is coded wrong. When you use spacebar, the player's window goes to that player's start location, not to some point off the screen.

GetStartLocationX(GetPlayerId(GetLocalPlayer())) == GetCameraTargetPositionX() and GetStartLocationY(GetPlayerId(GetLocalPlayer())) == GetCameraTargetPositionY()

It's a quick fix ; ).

Also, be sure to start the start location coords in vars to improve speed and readability a bit ^_^.
Jass:
set x = GetStartLocationX(GetPlayerId(GetLocalPlayer()))
set y = GetStartLocationY(GetPlayerId(GetLocalPlayer()))

Nice attempt for one of your first resources, gj ^)^. +rep.

Be sure to use the Event library for your custom events ; ).

This is the main thing you have to watch out for -> http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/j...t-data-187478/
Nestharus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:03 AM   #21 (permalink)
Forum Moderator PurgeandFire
ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ

Resource & Tutorial Moderator

PurgeandFire has a reputation beyond repute (2153)PurgeandFire has a reputation beyond repute (2153)PurgeandFire has a reputation beyond repute (2153)PurgeandFire has a reputation beyond repute (2153)
Merit Badge - Level 0: This user has proven to be extremely valuable to the Warcraft III Modding Community. 
He calls this:
call SetCameraQuickPosition(Space_X, Space_Y)

So the spacebar should go to the point off screen, unless I'm mistaken.
PurgeandFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:06 AM   #22 (permalink)
Semi-Here

Ah, my bad =). I've never used that native, so I wasn't sure what it did ;p.

I just knew from experience that spacebar auto returns u to player start locations ^)^

Then all this needs is the event stuff and it's good to go =D.

Spacebar event will be a very useful event to have. It's too bad that it's local only for the moment.

edit
make this use timeout of .031250000 for more accurate event responses please =O. As such, please make this use CTL so that it's merged with other timers of that timeout =). All you need to do is make a TimerGroup ^_^.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:31 AM   #23 (permalink)
cool != useful

@D.O.G :

Don't worry using CTL will never be a requirement for that. (In case you don't like/understand the API)
Using one timer for that is enough fine here.
Plus i'm not sure that even in a single player game cameras are that fast.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:33 AM   #24 (permalink)
Semi-Here

Awww, this is all u need

call TimerGroup32.create(function Actions).start()

You can get rid of your trigger and everything ;o.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:36 AM   #25 (permalink)
cool != useful

CTL is ugly to use for many of us :

Quote:
Originally Posted by myself
In case you don't like/understand the API
Plus, you can't get rid of the trigger action, at least not with the sync version.
EDIT : But yeah for SpaceHandlerLocal you don't need a trigger, only a timer.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:43 AM   #26 (permalink)
Semi-Here

Oh yea, this actually won't need recursive events. I don't see a spacebar event ever happening within a spacebar event, so you don't need to worry about the recursive stuff ;D.
Old 03-31-2012, 03:11 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered User D.O.G.
\m/

I'm not going to use your CTL. It doesn't add something to functionality of my snippet and is useless there. Also I don't want my snippet has any requirements

Last edited by D.O.G.; 04-08-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:57 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered User D.O.G.
\m/

Added working multiplayer version.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:09 PM   #29 (permalink)
cool != useful

So StoreReal with GetLocalPlayer doesn't work, you have to do a loop ?
That doesn't really make sense, because with or without the loop it's already used in a local block for each player.

Or have you done it just to be sure ?
Old 04-08-2012, 04:15 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered User D.O.G.
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll-Brain View Post
So StoreReal with GetLocalPlayer doesn't work, you have to do a loop ?
That doesn't really make sense, because with or without the loop it's already used in a local block for each player.

Or have you done it just to be sure ?
I've made it to be sure. I have tested - current version (4.0) works 100% with 2 players (must work with more players).

EDIT: I've added untested version without loops. Hopefully, I could test it tonight.