• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Repo] Order Ids

Level 31
for the sake of completion, how about add the order id for:
1. using item in each slot?
2. the order id for 'wand of illusion' item ability and lots alike?

and i'm wondering how could this kill the speed of global variables?

I'm adding a lot more orders than just those... like the order issued to a unit when stunned and the smart order ; P.

Also... as you declare more things in a map, it adds to the scope. When a variable is read, it has to be looked up. The more things in the scope, the longer it takes to look something up. Global variable speed were once tested against locals, and it was found that the more globals there were in the map, the slower globals were as compared to locals. With I think like 100 or 1000 (was a long time ago), it was as much as a 1000% difference.

2. the order id for 'wand of illusion' item ability and lots alike?

Are those really useful? :\

/cry

Last edited:
Level 9
Are those really useful? :\
/cry
well, that 'Wand of Illusion' item ability is a great to use as a base ability to generates illusion, target unit based, and doesn't make the source unit invulnerable for a period etc.
this is the only item ability, which as far as i know, is widely used for illusion generating, and to use it AS an ability, it cannot be ordered via orderstring, it only accessible via orderID.
other workaround, is to make a dummy item containing that ability, and order the dummy to use that item instead, which i presume as inefficient unlike using the ability directly.

what do you think?
just questioning, have you ever try making a spell that involves illusions?
perhaps if my answer above don't make sense, you should try it yourself^^

Level 5
> Don't double post especially in the Jass section =C
sry.
> They're organized in alphabetical order, so I don't see why you'd find it inconvinient :p
look at the date in my screenshot, it's 2009, so, i only wanted to say, that library containing all orders already exists.
> cjass is buggy
not so buggy, as you think. there is only bugs with static ifs and textmacros declaring inside the functions, and you can use cjass #if's and #define's instead of it.

Level 5
Bribe, your arguments looks "weird" =(
why cjass should limit users in writing their code? everyone writes it as he wants. so, maybe blizzard should disallow use custom script in GUI, because it looks weird? also, you can use semicolon where do you want to use it. the main purpose of cjass it's making the code shorter, simplier, and allow users to write their code much faster, so limits interfere this purpose.

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
Perl is a public language that's pretty much unreadable
to anyone but the guy who wrote it. While cJass isn't
nearly so bad, it's spaghetti code at best.

I worked lots on making a readable syntax for JASS,
even asking for support from the community, but there
currently is not enough agreement on how the syntax
should be done. I think it's because JASS is just an ugly
language and unable to make beautiful, due to its limits.

Maybe in that sense cJass is understandable, but the
big JASS communities (HiveWorkshop, wc3c, TheHelper)
do not accept it in public resources.