• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Steelback's Road to the Hive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey Hive-Community.

My IGN is Steelback, I'm 20 years old and coming from Germany. I'm not really new to the Hive or Warcraft 3.
I started playing Warcraft 3 2004 after a friend told me how awesome it was. I bought it myself, and of course i got extremely addicted to that game.
I guess i haven't spent any more time on another game than Warcraft 3. I played it like almost every Day till 2010-2011, then I kind of lost the Fun in playing the game, and swapped to almost every other game you could imagine.
Like literally, changed my Style from Wc3 everyday, to another game everyday.
Now after quite a while I came back to this Masterpiece, but not just for the Game, i always had an eye for the World Editor.
I loved it to make maps, the only Problem was just that i was kind of young, didn't had a lot experience in anything and the Maps i made where kind of Crappy.
Even tho i was good in GUI (If that is any hard).
At that time i always was looking around @ Hiveworkshop for cool resources for my Map, but more as quiet Spectator, and to be honest it was good that I didn't write anything, because as I mentioned before I was a kid.
Anyways, enough of my gaming-story that no one is interested in.
I'm back now to the Hive, hoping that i can establish myself into this amazing Community, if that is still possible, since it's an very long running website, and new people are not always welcome.
I'm trying my best to bring some of my own opinions on the resources and discussions in here, and at the same time trying to get better in mapping and learning Jass (where I don't even know how to start).
I'm open-minded for any advice you can give if you feel like it to give me some of them. (About Hive, Jass, WE, etc.)

My Name is Steelback, and it is nice to meet you!

Level 32
I'm back now to the Hive, hoping that i can establish myself into this amazing Community, if that is still possible, since it's an very long running website, and new people are not always welcome.
The first part of this quote is charming, but the second part... oh come on. We need new guys to motivate the oldies creating the resources. I'm sorry if anyone gave you the impression of that, but most of the active users here are very friendly and helpful people to the newly registered.

Anyway, I enjoyed reading your introduction. Good luck and have a nice time here!

Last edited:
Level 6
The first part of this quote is charming, but the second part... oh come on. We need new guys to motivate the oldies creating the resources. I'm sorry if anyone gave you the impression of that, but most of the active users here are very friendly and helpful people to the newly registered.

Anyway, enjoyed reading your introduction. Good luck and have a nice time here!

Thanks a lot for the Welcome! :) - And No, nobody gave me that Impression, at least not on The Hive! I'm happy to help on motivating the oldies creating the Resources. I guess they need someone they create them for, right?

Level 23

Sure dude, I doubt WarCraft is going to die anytime soon. People here are really friendly too apart from the occasional trolls, and I'm pretty sure that you're gonna get all the help you need and any help you give will be accepted. :)

Again, Welcome to hive.

Status
Not open for further replies.