• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help,I new guys

Can you help ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Hi IsecLock, and welcome to The Hive!

I'm sure someone will be able to help you around here, but first I would suggest giving the rules a quick read. When you've done that, like Shadow Flux suggested, you can maybe try making a thread in World Editor Help Zone with some specific questions you'd like help on. The tutorials are also a great place to begin your quest to awesomeness.

Learning to map is much more complicated than simply being taught everything from the start in a particular order.

I'd say the best way to learn is by making maps. Decide what you want to make, and read tutorials and get help from the community here in learning to do what's necessary for what you're making.

My first piece of advice is be careful what type of map you start out with. Some types of maps take a lot more work to do right than others. For example, don't start out with an RPG; if you want to make an RPG, I strongly advise learning how to use the editor by making other projects before you start the RPG, as an RPG takes a lot of skill, and undeniably more time and effort to do well, than other types of maps (be prepared to spend hundreds of hours just for an average RPG or thousands of hours for a good one).

My second piece of advice is don't take the lazy way out. While something may seem very difficult and time-consuming at first, it's worth learning to do it and doing it the right way instead of the easy way, because you will permanently benefit from this as you will be able to do this complex task much more quickly the next time you need to do something similar. It's also easier to learn the right way when you don't already know the lazy way, because the lazy way will always tempt you to use it instead if you already know it.

My third piece of advice is don't stare at your screen with the editor open! If you don't feel like doing one thing, then do something else; the moment you open your map you should be working on something. Whenever you get tired of working on one aspect of the map, start working on another part of it until you feel like going back; don't fall into the trap of staring at your screen aimlessly for half an hour trying to build up the courage to do something. Just do it, and you'll often be surprised at the progress you make.

Level 4
1. Make your own first but basic map.
2. If you´ve learned he basics you can join to a project, there are 3-4 types needed : terrariners, modelers, then GUI and Jass scripters. Choose the one or two of theese which can you do then learn it properly. For terrarining and modelling mostly talent is required, but for Jass mostly knowledge.

1. Make your own first but basic map.
2. If you´ve learned he basics you can join to a project, there are 3-4 types needed : terrariners, modelers, then GUI and Jass scripters. Choose the one or two of theese which can you do then learn it properly. For terrarining and modelling mostly talent is required, but for Jass mostly knowledge.

Actually, knowledge and talent both have quite a significant impact on modelling, terrain, and triggers. All the talent in the world isn't going to make beautiful models and terrain if you don't have any knowledge on how to create them properly, and all of the knowledge in the world isn't going to help you write good triggers if you don't have the creativity to find new ways to do things that haven't already been done before.

People who think that everyone in a certain field has a certain mindset are ignorantly generalizing entire populations because they don't know anything about the people or the field.

The truth is any advantages you have, be it knowledge, experience, intelligence, skill, or talent, will help you to do anything that you apply yourself to. And yes all five of these things do have completely different meanings, I can explain in detail if you don't know the difference.

Level 3
One question when some map i make done how i can upload them ?

But when one map i done and save it say 'this map still take the name Just another Warcraft 3 map' but it say i can chance in some program and i don't know what is that ?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Angry
Reactions: Ash
Status
Not open for further replies.