• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Submarine Titans in Starcraft 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
An old RTS game, which still has some fans left:

Theoretically, it could be re-made into SC2.

The reason I'm here is to kindly ask you if it's possible:
-Can SC2 have 5 "layers" (I think it can have at least 3 (air, ground, burrowed))??
-Can units shoot projectiles in 3D? (they can in 2D for sure (balls, things like mirana's arrow from dota 2, etc)). By that I mean, for example, if a unit from the bottom layer can shoot towards a unit from an upper layer (at a greater height) with a projectile that doesn't track the target? (like when you're shooting a bullet from a gun)
-Can we have units change layers? (like having the submarines change depth)

Thank you for your time and patience, and Have a Nice day!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
-Can units shoot projectiles in 3D? (they can in 2D for sure (balls, things like mirana's arrow from dota 2, etc)). By that I mean, for example, if a unit from the bottom layer can shoot towards a unit from an upper layer (at a greater height) with a projectile that doesn't track the target? (like when you're shooting a bullet from a gun)
Yes and no. Projectile movers do fully support 3D movement and even physics however I am not sure how well they will handle 3D ballistics (they can track in 3D no problem).

Status
Not open for further replies.