• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

any ideas for a custom race

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
The Vampire Lords from the starcraft 1 alpha?
SpaceVampire_Bloodlines_Cncpt1.jpg

Level 1
Kinda hard to think.

Protoss already represent the highly civilised race, while zerg represent the anima, primitive race

Robot race seem most tangible

Level 1
Why not a plantlike race? We have a super technological race (protoss), a Human race (Terran) and insect race (Zerg).

A robot race would be cool too.

Level 9
Are you looking for a Custom Race? Like new race but with ingame models? If you don't mind the fact that it is warcrafts' i would say the Forsaken :) you can use models from other races and just dim them.

You might want them to have a different way of building, maybe the builders build like humans but don't cost a lot, they have a limited life span and you have to keep spawning more to build things. You know what i'm saying? I also missed if it was a space map or warcraft type map... because there is a wide verity of ideas here.

Heres 2 machine themed race suggestions, that I think would be pretty good

Robots - The entire 'race' with exception to 'The Intelligence (AI) has no thoughts or will of their own.. Unlike the zerg, they have absolutely no natural instincts/drives and would be used like pawns in a game of chess (the AI having even less sympathy for his 'minions' as they are simple robots incapable of thought...

Nano Droids - Microscopic 'organisms' with a collective intelligence. They combine themselves in a similar manner to cells in a living host, allowing the formation of large colonies (every unit would be an entire colony of billions of these nano droids)

Because of this intelligence they fear death, and even injury (because injury is equivalent to death on a cellular level (every time you get cut some cells die, now imagine those cells were people..)

Because of this, they would likely resort to more defensive tactics such as often retreating. (maybe they could 'liquify' and seep into the ground as a mode of retreat?)
and they would likely 'grow' a metallic exoskeleton to protect the sentient cells contained within)

Also a potential race mechanic would be any unit that has been attacked extends vision (but only when they are within sight themselves)

So basically a race of 'liquid' microbes that can form whatever tools/weapons they need out of themselves, and armor out of waste materials...

Level 8
Some race ideas, dont think theyre that cool but whatever.

Primal Zerg: You know The Primal Zerg, their units are VERY similiar to normal zerg. But I bet you can change them.

Xel'naga: Basically, Amon's forces. (That Xel'naga's name was Amon right?) Some beasts that were captured by the Xel'naga and some hybrids.

Space Orc, Night Elf, Undead: I know its kinda off-Starcraft but it would be cool to see invisible elves with plasma guns, or mecha abominations. These are kinda like Warcraft races but their units are different and they have some advanced technology like terrans or protoss. Orcs and Undead have some lower technology than the other races (Can still travel in space, of course) and night elves would have better tech than the other races. (Not as much as protoss)

Level 5
How about the undead race in general? Have them animated and represent the corpse of all three StarCraft races, Terran Corpse raising from the dead, Protoss spirits rising from the void, and Zerg remains fusing together to make abominations?

Level 9
How about the undead race in general? Have them animated and represent the corpse of all three StarCraft races, Terran Corpse raising from the dead, Protoss spirits rising from the void, and Zerg remains fusing together to make abominations?

This is what I meant by dimmed models of other races, although the more I think about it, the more it sounds like cheating :ogre_icwydt:

Level 5
Where is OP anyways? Lol, seems like they posted here to just abandon the whole thread in general...
Or maybe they are just lurking around for the ideas and not interact with the community :(

Edit:
Never mind... Seems the OP was active, until the post had a pause for a bit and then someone else revived it from the grave... I think, I only skimmed through to find his name on here several times.

Status
Not open for further replies.