• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

any ideas for a custom build system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
i am working on a project with custom factions of terrans, protoss, zerg and animals. i already have law which calls down their buildings from space and outlaw which builds them in the command centre. i am out of ideas for the other planned factions though.(mafia, constructor underworld, corrupted law, anti-law and a few good choices of law.) any ideas?

Not entirely sure what all those law variants are even, but outlaw, corrupted law and anti-law sound very similar. It also seems like there's a lot of variation there - so much so that you risk overlapping mechanics. But I digress.

Wouldn't an outlaw/rebel human faction be more inclined to have mobile bases so that if they need to, they can make a quit getaway from the law? So perhaps they should have the comes-from-space buildings that drop down to the planet. But as far as your other ideas go, mafia could be highly stylised, like every has a lot of polish, expensive items, luruxious, etc (honestly the Dominion itself sounds like a giant mafia). The mafia gains income through extortion and black market, so they could have mechanics surrounding those (prototype weapons, maybe?).

Constructor underworlds sounds like their bases should be a main hub connected by addons all over the place.

Level 21
the rebels is a separate faction that have very few buildings but those they have is built by using the standard build system. the outlaw already have their build system as i mentioned earlier. i could make their buildings more mobile once they are in the air by increasing their speed. corrupted law is police that have gone bad while anti-law is similar but worse.(further corrupted.) there is also 2 good subfactions of law which is pure but unnamed.(i have not planned them at all except for the fact that i will have them in the map.) any ideas for those?

Status
Not open for further replies.