• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] What Should I Do First?

What Campaign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Years ago I worked on a High Elf campaign, Fall of Quel'thalas, but I lost interest due to lack of ideas. But after several months I started getting back to it, and right now It's on pause but It's not getting cancelled. I looked around to think about more ideas, so if I can't find new ones, I'll get back to Fall of Quel'thalas but recently I thought of an idea for an Undead campaign, Road to Damnation, I also asked Warlord Ajer'larior if I could take over his cancelled campaign, Forming of the Scourge but sadly he accidentally deleted it so I need to make it from scratch. I got lots of ideas for it but few days ago I just found an old campaign, It's a RTS version of the Rexxar Campaign with lots of features, and it's my first campaign with a complete prologue with triggers(wierd) and It brought me feels because many things happened while I'm making it and now It's crappy for it's time so I'm thinking of remaking it completely with newer features.

To sum up the Three Campaigns and few feature reveal:

Fall of Quel'thalas-A High Elf Campaign with focus on characters, it will have custom heroes and dynamic story and new quests. It would bring a new High Elf race.

Road to Damnation-Features a slightly overhauled Undead techtree and would cover the events that happened before The Scourge of Lordaeron.

Conquest of Durotar-An orc campaign with Trolls, Tauren and Ogres, featuring Rexxar, and basically It's a remake of his campaign but with more RTS but less RPG, It will also cover more of Rexxar's backstory.

War of the Ancients-Take on the Hard Difficulty and control important characters of the Night Elven story to battle a big swarm of demons and prevent Queen Azshara from summoning Sargeras into this world.

Last edited:
Level 9
Rexxar???
You mighy need a race of beasts, only.

Fall of Qul?
Ahhh!!! Too much high elf campaign!! Arghh!!High elf overload!!.JK!
I would like to see Thasuarin and Koltira!

Road to Damntion
A modified undead techtree? i would rather have a completely new tech! but anyways, cool

Level 19
Fall of Quel'thalas - Well there is a lot of high elf campaigns around and I think they will help your motivation up.

Road to Damnation - I prefer this Undead campaign with its overhauled tech-tree but a completely new tech-tree would be better and create a new undead feeling on it.

Conquest of Durotar - This would be interesting and I hope this will be better than Rexxar's campaign.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Finish your Diablo model :p

Now, seriously, Conquest of Durotar and Road to Damnation sound both interesting.
I would go with Road to Damnation.

Level 25
Okay, to help others choose, I could spoil more things and features.

Fall of Quel'thalas
-A completely new techtree
-Several new Items and Creeps
-Play as Lor'themar, Anasterian, Liadrin and Kael'thas
-Repel the Undead invasion with lots of tower upgrades and choices
Road to Damnation
-Grow your Undead army and choose between two upgrades for certain units
-Experience new gameplay like managing the floating Necropolis, Naxxramas and recruiting cultists into your cause
-Play as Kel'thuzad, Anub'arak and Mal'ganis
-Use new abilities for units like Abomination's Devour and more!
Conquest of Durotar
-Play as old orc units and new Ogre, Troll and Tauren units as well
-Discover side quests that will unlock new units for you or wait for the next chapter to unlock them immediately, but of course new units will make you want to play the side quests
-Play as Rexxar, Rokhan, Cairne and well, Me
-Reimagine the Founding of Durotar campaign with more RTS features than RPG

Level 25
The one that will win here would be the first to the campaign series. If the campaign is nearly complete I'll set a poll with the two remaining option together with the Night Elf campaign. You still have a lot of time, and to those who are about to vote, choose wisely.
The campaigns will be focused on:
Fall of Quel'thalas-Story
Road to Damnation-Feature
Conquest of Durotar-Quests and Techtree

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I am still for Road to Damnation.
As someone else already said, high elves are out, has been done thousand times.
Conquest of Durotar, well, I am not sure, but Road to Damnation give a deep insight into the pre-Warcraft3 franchise.

Level 25
As you can see, War of the Ancients is added, I just recovered another of my campaigns so yeah. Features:

War of the Ancients
-Join the Kal'dorei Resistance and aid them battle the Legion
-Control Mighty Heroes and Demi-Gods and use their abilities to defeat hundreds of Demons in each chapter
-Play as Tyrande, Malfurion, Illidan and many more!
-Take on the Hard Difficulty and focus on facing hundreds of enemies with a smaller army

So WotA is mostly focused on fighting Legions and testing the player's micromanagement, so if you like your idea, cast out your vote!

Level 50
I voted for 'Road to Damnation' as we really lack the Scourge-based campaigns. It would be great if you change the techtree to something new. There are many great models here on the hive or you can just request some if you need new ones. Definitely the scourge campaign could come nicely but it is you decision.

Level 12
I vote for the Conquest of Durotar , because i like orc campaign and i see that people interes for orc campaign has become pretty low so you might reborn it . Also high elves and undead campaign are too overused these days .

Level 25
Current Standings:
FoQ-5
RtD-8
CoD-4
WotA-6

Getting near, Peeps! Go cast your vote if you haven't yet! Okay, for now I'll reveal the main heroes of the campaigns to help you choose better. They are spoilers so if you don't want to see it right away, don't look okay?

Fall of Quel'thalas
-Lor'themar Theron:Ranger-He is a ranger but he will be melee. This is to fit his lore but still his abilities would allow him to assassinate enemies from farther range. He has traps, arrows and an aura to all
Road to Damnation
-Kel'thuzad:Archmage-A range spellcaster, based on the Lich but would be slightly edited. His abilities could control your undead army as well as damage enemies and also raise them back from the dead.
Conquest of Durotar
-Rexxar:Beastmaster-While Rexxar himself is ranged and lacks damaging abilities, he has Misha for tank, Huffer for damage, and other companions such as Spirit and Leokk as well.
War of the Ancients
-Malfurion:Archdruid-As WotA is based on micromanagement and abilities for units that could affect large crowd, Malfurion is no exception. He could trap an area of enemies with roots, and he also has Moonfire, which costs little to no mana, no cooldown and damages random enemies when casted.

Level 12
It seemes that the undead campaign is the winner . Slay them all in the name of The Lich King :)) !

Status
Not open for further replies.