• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Aeon of Strife] What should I add in my map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Edit: Change the map from mid lane only to 3 and terrain change.

So I've created a map, the name is "Madness". It's a 5v5 AoS map , a Heroes with some custom spell, Item with combination system and neutral creeps on side of lane. With a goal of the game is to destroy enemy team's Crystal Core(the objective unit).
The author's name in a map is "Marcus", which is me. Don't mind the map verison thought, it just for noting purpose when I finish stuff in it.

General Map Data
Neutral Creeps
The neutral creeeps have 2 style, one is a camp which spawn every period of time if there are no unit in that area, gold rewards goes to the killer only and another stronger creep(mini-boss like) which respawn after a set amount of time after they died, rewards in golds to everyone in killer team.

Creeps and Towers
The towers in this game has Damage Block ability which requires a Siege Unit that spawns every 5 minute in game time to take down fast, else it will take a long time to destroy without it. The 2nd towers has Barrage ability which allow it to attack more than 1 unit, make it harder to siege and the last tower is the Crystal Core itself. The Crystal core have Damage Block, Barrage and Crystal Flare ability which acts like Phoenix Fire ability without Damage Overtime in it but rapidly shoots random unit around it, which prevents solo backdooring a bit.

Map Preview
attachment.php

Now to what I need help is, I am unsure that what is it I may need to add to the map to make the game more interesting, should I add more lane or more sub objective?

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• lalala.jpg
    lalala.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 182
  • Madness V.3.12b.w3x
    633.2 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Level 2
Hi! I played your map for some minutes and there are some things that i think should be fixed/added:
attachment.php

1.There is a bug which doesn't allow me to pass
2.I can go through the sideshop
3.Just like 2.
4.The middle lane is way too flat and there should be more doodads on the map.

Attachments

• 1111.jpg
    1111.jpg
    451.3 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Level 4
Hi! I played your map for some minutes and there are some things that i think should be fixed/added:
attachment.php

1.There is a bug which doesn't allow me to pass
2.I can go through the sideshop
3.Just like 2.
4.The middle lane is way too flat and there should be more doodads on the map.

Thanks, I'll fix them right away.

The shop has a small pathing so it will looks like you can walk past it.

Last edited:
Level 37
I just downloaded your map, I never actually launched it.

You're definitely going to want to add more interesting subobjectives. You can also make it so that completing sub-objectives are more rewarding. Gold is meh... maybe making it so that killing a sub-objective creep buffs your wave for X amount of seconds?

It also looks kind of awkward having 1 "unit type" sitting out at the end of the path leading out from the shore. Try making the path look more interesting or add more units (sort of like guards).

Status
Not open for further replies.