• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Defense / Survival] Survival/Suggestion +REP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Im building on my survival map where there are waves of incoming monster, here are whats in my map.

MAP SIZE=Small

!CONTENT!
-Hack n Slash
-Boss fightt
-Special events
-Shop system
-Achievement
-Tons of items
-Waves of incoming enemy
-3rd person view

(No Quest please,it doesn't fit my map style and all)
Any suggestion?

Level 4
Well, since a small map hack and slash I suggest making it as simple as possible and super easy to understand and get into right away.

I would make it super bloody, cool spells that aren't shockwaves or anything but things that "bring out" the hack and slash. But it shouldnt just be a dude swining a sword 10000 times a second

Id say the boss fights should be on par with the minions so that the main feature is the boss fights, cause nobody wants to get bored killing waves and then get rekt on a boss.

Thats the best I got with that much information on your map, id have to play it to give you a good "improvements list"

Level 21
Achievements could give tokens (lumber) which can be spent on speciality items at a separate shop from regular items/equipment.

During a boss fight, throwing out some traps that can damage or impair heroes could be interesting. Players would have to be aware of where they move to in order to avoid both powerful boss attacks and traps that could cause the fight to go in the enemy's favor.

Maybe you could include a day/night cycle for special events where moonlight gives enemies more damage, and daylight gives them higher evasion/defense. It would be simple enough to enable or disable an ability for the enemy player based on a certain time of the day.

Level 4
-Hack n Slash
-Boss fightt
-Special events
-Shop system
-Achievement
-Tons of items
-Waves of incoming enemy
-3rd person view

- Hack-n-Slash maps should have fun combat with eye-candy abilities and really awesome effects.
- Boss fights should be fun, and not just auto-attack enemies with high health. They should have phases, and triggered fights.
- Maybe weather effects? Weather is very undervalued in games, and you can make it so that the weather changes every so often.
- Shops with items and possibly even spells.
- Achievements that unlock special shops or boss fights.

Level 2
Hey I got an idea and here it is...
-make the game bloody messy like the blood of the enemies spill when they they and the terrain has some blood in it and dead bodies
-because the enemies go in waves make the hero spells AoE effects
- add events in every 3 or 5 rounds like bonus round or boss fight
- have achievements like 1000 slasher badge in the game
-put the weather more gore so the gameplay and weather is same.

That's all I hope it help ya'll :)

Level 3
doood, looks like you're creating a map like Diablo 3 without the quests

my suggestion? BLOOD. MORE BLOOD.

wait. that's not it. what i mean is that since the objective is hack n' slash, concentrate on creating triggered spells/abilities of the hero and make the enemies more diverse and harder. bet that will makes HnS games interesting and Good Luck to your map! :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.