• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Defense / Survival] Solo Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I am currently working on my first very own map. I don't use (and perhaps will not use) Jass for trigger. I'm not good in cinematics and terraining. Also I'm not very good in english.

The main idea is, you (player) should defend the main building for X waves of enemy. Like melee map, you should combine your units and heroes to win this game. But you cannot build any building; all your buildings is preset. Also there is dota-styled tower as your defense line.

Your units and heroes are human race-based but mixed with some other races abilities or feature. The enemies are basically from other races except human. If you want to suggest an unit or heroes, please stick with the theme. Player is human, enemy is non-human. I don't want the heroes too much powerful.

I am mapmaking on tiny sized map (32x64). Please consider this too.

The Buildings
  1. Main Building: if destroyed, you lose.
  2. Barracks: contains basic units (footman, rifleman, mortar team, dragonhawk rider), advanced units (upgraded version of basic units), and spellcasting units (priest, sorceress, spell breaker)
  3. Hero Altar: choose 1 of 5 heroes (paladin, blood mage, dark knights, archmage, and mountaing king). destroyed when you pick your hero.
  4. Blacksmith: contains unit upgrade, masonry and tower skill.
  5. Shop: contains various items. doesn't sell instant healing items for in-game strategy.
  6. Tower: there is 4 level tower like dota. if the first tower is destroyed, then the second will be vulnerable to attack and so on until main building. Every time a tower is destroyed, the enemy got an upgrade.

What I've done:
  1. Only use human race for player. (for themed sake)
  2. Rescale heroes level to 20. (4 level normal abilities, 3 level ultimate ability).
  3. The map is straight line. So you will only defense from one direction.
  4. There is no upkeep and expand the food limit to 200.
  5. Implemented additional units abilities (ex: footman gained "taunt")
  6. Implemented creep wave triggers and a few minutes between waves.
  7. Implemented upgrade for units change. (ex: footman > knight)
  8. Implemented difficulty mode: easy, normal and hard.
  9. Other things I can't remember for now.

What I've needed:
  1. Change Archmage ultimate: mass teleport is non-sense for this game but please keep it balance.
  2. Creep wave composition with 25-35 units each wave. Ex: wave 2 - 20 abomination and 10 crypt fiend.
  3. Like green td, I love invisible wave, boss wave, or mega wave.
  4. Advanced version of spellcasting units.
  5. Tower abilites
  6. Optional Quest
  7. Units abilites
  8. Some tutorial/posted map which may perhaps help me to develop this map.
  9. Some storyline for flavour.
  10. Other ideas?

I will attach the map as soon as when this map reach 80 or more percent progress.

Thank you in forward.

Level 14
The upgrades when the enemy destroy one of yours tower is negative balancing because of that if an player who have an so much hard time that he loose an tower he have already lost because he will not be able to defend his base(his army was not sufficient and the opponent have an buff) and so it would be nearly equivalent to make the player instantly loose the game when he loose an tower except that it is more painful.
Also never ever write for all your life under any condition(even if someone is pointing an gun at you) "4 level tower like dota" for describing your map in the hive-workshop else undead hivers will come back from hell and destroy anything then go to the hyper hell.

Level 1
The upgrades when the enemy destroy one of yours tower is negative balancing because of that if an player who have an so much hard time that he loose an tower he have already lost because he will not be able to defend his base(his army was not sufficient and the opponent have an buff) and so it would be nearly equivalent to make the player instantly loose the game when he loose an tower except that it is more painful.
That's the point of the game. It makes the game harder.

Also never ever write for all your life under any condition(even if someone is pointing an gun at you) "4 level tower like dota" for describing your map in the hive-workshop else undead hivers will come back from hell and destroy anything then go to the hyper hell.
I don't have any idea about the tower except that way. lol.

Anyway, I need more ideas from you all guys.

Level 14
You did not understood I said the problem is that instead of making the enemies harder when you loose the first tower you should pop up the loose text because if enemies are buffed when you loose the first tower you have not any possibility to win once this happened and the player is just wasting time as it become impossible to win once you lost the first tower because loosing the first tower happens when your army is insufficient and then you are already doomed especially if the opponent have an boost.
So I suggest that instead of having four towers and that each time you loose an tower the opponent is buffed to do that when you loose the first tower you have lost(defeat script) because it is equivalent.

Status
Not open for further replies.