• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Resident Evil: Revelations 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey guys, I've been playing a lot of RE: Revelations 2 lately, and I'm enjoying it so much I am thinking of making a big project based on this game.

I am going to use the same idea as the game with the characters like with Natalie being able to see monsters through walls and Moira using here flashlight to find items. There will be several levels and bosses and an ammo system just like in the real game. I am a big fan of RE and been wanting to make my own map of it. I'm wondering if you guys think this would be a good idea to do a map based on this game?

btw i will be recruiting people to help make the models and levels so this project will be pretty Huge

oh and i don't know what i would categorize this game in

Level 25
Don't make huge projects. They die.
Make a small one that you can do yourself, take help from people but do most of it alone.

I'm sorry but you're doing the classic mistake of
"I'm having an idea, I just need a modeller and a level maker and a terrainer.."

Do it yourself, prove you have some work done yourself, then you can ask people but don't create a huge project from start because it takes way more time than you think, not just making the project but also keeping tabs on people.

Level 4
Don't make huge projects. They die.
Make a small one that you can do yourself, take help from people but do most of it alone.

I'm sorry but you're doing the classic mistake of
"I'm having an idea, I just need a modeller and a level maker and a terrainer.."

Do it yourself, prove you have some work done yourself, then you can ask people but don't create a huge project from start because it takes way more time than you think, not just making the project but also keeping tabs on people.

I am doing it myself, i just need a model maker to do the models witch i am poor at doing myself your right i will do the levels and all myself, i could just make the project smaller to the point that i know it wont take me that long but yeah thanks for the post

Make sure there's scary music, but keep the file size down/low. Add cool weapons and don't let it just be auto-attack/right-click.

Maybe a possible story to follow? If there's buildings, able to climb on top of them as well go inside of them. Oh, and drive. Driving is awesome fun when running over undead. Good luck. I might help you if remind me and ask me. =) If you ever need help of course. I refuse to do models/textures/terrain though I can do anything else.

Level 4
Make sure there's scary music, but keep the file size down/low. Add cool weapons and don't let it just be auto-attack/right-click.

Maybe a possible story to follow? If there's buildings, able to climb on top of them as well go inside of them. Oh, and drive. Driving is awesome fun when running over undead. Good luck. I might help you if remind me and ask me. =) If you ever need help of course. I refuse to do models/textures/terrain though I can do anything else.

ok thanks for the opinion, i know that my story and gameplay will be a lot like the actual game, scary music is a deffinate. I don't think ill add driving though since it wasn't in the actual game, because I'm having the map split into like 4 different levels and all based on the levels in the ps4 game, oh and weapons is a deffinate, but you said to not use auto-attack/right-click, should i do like when click left mouse button it will shoot a straight bullet or something?

Level 4
Well maybe ability or still right-click but only a few bullets at a time depending on toggle/weapon. So burst, etc. Left-click would be pretty cool as well more accurate.

For sure man if u have any more ideas on the map especially if u did play the ps4 game share with me in Pm like im doing the ideas and concept all before i do the map at all and plus i gotta gather models that look like the characters and monsters in it

so yea anyone kno of good ideas of abilities the RE characters can have please post it
Or if anyone knows where i can get the skins/models of Resident Evil characters please let me know

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Is there by any chance you could give me the exact url for them on those sites? i don't know how to read russian, if you do, ill give +rep for helping me out :)

I did once a few time ago for another user, searching insect models and it consumes time like hell. I am really sorry, but I won't search them for you, it needs hours to do so. But, I can give you the exact URL of the model section, then you can just scroll through the pages and search for good models ( there are also good environment models for RE!).

Models in General:
http://wc3-maps.ru/load/modeli_dlja_warcraft_3/41
http://xgm.guru/tag/models

Models from WC3 ressources for WC3:
http://wc3-maps.ru/load/modeli_dlja_warcraft_3/3
http://xgm.guru/p/wc3/tag/models

It is not difficult to understand some words if you are intelligent:
Модели - models
Утилиты - tools
войска - units
Карты - maps

For wc3-maps.ru, I remember the models of RE being in the last pages, so maybe start from the last up to the first. Don't give up, it is easy to search!

Status
Not open for further replies.