• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Planning to create a Modern War type of map ? [Need Opinions]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi all,
So I can't make up my mind on these things

1.) What is better type of gameplay mechanics:
a. Players respawn in their base after a set amount of time has passed after they die
b. Players have to capture points to spawn on them if they don't have any captured points then they will instead spawn near their base area with reduced visibility[temporary]
c. Normal Wc3 camera ? or 3rd person camera ?
d. Capturable points that can spawn a few vehicles/aircraft in a set amount of time?

2.) Weapons ? Vehicles ?
a. Should players be able to buy a weapon ? or random weapons spawn in the map and players have to find those ?
b. Usable aircraft/vehicles/tanks ? and artillery points which you can capture and control the artillery?

3. Game modes?
a. Players can vote for a game mode(CTF, Deathmatch, Team-Deathmatch, Elimination)
b. The mode is randomly generated with each time a new match/round begins?

Feel free to suggest ideas too :)

Level 11
What may be cool, and I don't know if it has ever been done, is to do a 'Dodgeball' style Round based FPS.

For example:

It's a 5vs5 team elemination. Team One Kills 4 players. It is now 5vs1. The player that is alone kills an enemy. One of his teammate's respawns. it is now 5vs2. The round will continue until there are no players left on one of the teams. Winner of the round receives a point. First team to 5 points wins the match.

You could also throw in a gold system to buy like armor, weapons, etc for kills, to keep it more fair for the teams that actually kill enemies when their team is already at 5 players.

This of course could just be one mode. This literally just hit me... I'm not sure if I can recall it ever being used in a map.

Status
Not open for further replies.