• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Old and rusty, but hey, still mine

[B]Choose your favorite(s)[/B]

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Of course yes ! love for dundredian campaigns !!!

But if they need polishing then polish well...I hope you keep with those 80 campaigns XD

Add the poll quick ! I'll vote !

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
So, I've chosen a few of my old campaigns/campaign series and add them to the poll. Don't let the Shar Rating influence you too much. Just read what I've written about the campaigns and decide for yourself. You can choose for several campaigns/campaign series.

European War
What kind of campaign is it?
This is an unfinished cooperative campaign for two players.

What is it about?
This campaign tells the story of the Humans in Europe who are surprised by an invasion of the Demons after centuries without any Demons. The Evil God of the Demons himself has sent his forces out of Hell to hunt down all Humans and kill all life on the planet to allow the world to be reshapened. Of course, the Humans have no intention to allow that to happen and unite against this new enemy - but conflicts remain. Whispers of betrayal, cultists and even a syndicate that'd be willing to allow the Demons to win to increase its own power are heard in the shadows. Can Europe withstand the armies of Hell itself or will it fall because of the Demon's power and treachery?

Shar Rating:
44%
I really like this, but it has two big problems: It's for two players. That alone wouldn't be that much of a problem, since that's easy to change, but the storyline has never been finished. Yet.

Legends of the Imperia
This is a long singleplayer campaign series.

What is it about?
This campaign tells the story of the nine Imperia (Kingdoms). It all begins with the young man who becomes an adventurer without knowing of his unholy heritage. He returns to the Empire of Anarthon and tries to earn a rank of power with heroic actions. He succeeds and gets the position of a lesser noble. However, at one point he learns of his heritage and is forced to embrace the evil within himself. This new, evil man tries to conquer both Anarthon and the other Imperia while also trying to summon an evil deity to this world, turning the Imperia into an area of war and death. Some of his former companions escape him and his wrath and try to stop him. A war between former friends and even the gods themselves emerges...

Shar Rating:
60%
Yes, Legends of Arkain isn't the only "Legends" campaign I created. This is quite a good story.

Stories of Orkant

What is it about?
This campaign tells the story of the Kingdom of Orkant that has been living in peace for the past years. Only the elder members of Orkant's society have been living through the last war. Only a few small clashes with bandits and creatures, but it has been a long time since the Kingdom was forced to face any true and worthy enemy. That's about to change. Two young princes of Orkant are leading a scout troop to fight a few bandits and to train their abilities when they encounter wounded, allied soldiers. It doesn't take long until Orkant becomes part of a bigger conflict. Will the Orkantians be able to become true soldiers and hardened veterans or will they, ultimately, fall due to their inexperience and the massive amount of enemies that seem to appear out of nowhere?

Shar Rating:
62%
This is both my oldest and etablished campaigns and I kinda like it.

Nesra

What is it about?
This campaign tells the story of the World of Nesra. The world has suffered almost full desctruction by the hands of the high wizards of the Kingdom of Nesra. The kingdom was close to utter destruction by their twisted enemies and, after weeks of murmuring words, the wizards managed to create a big portal, allowing half of the population of the great kingdom to retreat to another world, a peaceful one, while also destroying large areas of the world of Nesra to stop their enemies from following them. However, the other half of the population was forced to stay back and to face the problems of a heavily damaged world. Their enemies are still too powerful and even former allies have turned on them, for now every faction has to fear that their structure will fall into chaos because of the damage infliced on their world.

Shar Rating:
79%
Nesra... That has been quite a story back then. The original version has another name and is part of another universe (No, not Arkain...), but I will change that.

Mathias Chronicles Remake
This is a singleplayer campaign series made by SavagePotato.

What is it about?
This campaign tells an alternate storyline for WarCraft 3: Reign of Chaos and WarCraft 3: The Frozen Throne. It tells the story of Matthias, the bastard half-brother of Arthas, who is fighting the Orcs who haven't accompanied Thrall to Kalimdor. While several events are similar to the original story, there is many different. The series concentrates on the fate of the Humans of Lordaeron and the Orcs, being both fighting against each other and facing the Undead and Demons. One of the campaigns also takes place in the Second War (WarCraft 2), telling the story of a main character of the series and a few alternate stories there.

Shar Rating:
49%
It's unlikely that I'll change too much since I respect both the creator and the work that has been done here with only very limited means.

WarCraft IV
This an unfinished (actually the first campaign contains just 2 missions and nothing else is done yet) singleplayer campaign series.

What is it about?
This campaign tells the story of an alternate storyline for what happens after Arthas and Ner'Zhul merge. It is NOT connected to WoW. It tells of the war in Lordaeron afterwards and the events concerning all factions there while also telling about events in other Alliance areas like Stormwind. All four races will make an appearance and be playable - Blood Elves and Naga will appear as well, but won't be playable.

Shar Rating:
15%
The Problem here is, that I have to both create a lot from scratch and have to think about the story first. I used to have a finished lore and story, but it's all gone.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

My vote goes to Warcraft IV. Has the most potential compared to other stories in my opinion.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
One thing I forgot to mention:
No matter which project I'll start working on first, you will most likely see units/buildings/upgrades from Arkain since I both plan to import stuff from there and also have taken lots of ideas etc from these and my other campaigns.

Just thought I say that before it's too late and people start wondering.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
What factors are considered in the "Shar rating" ? Is it simply your personal preference? Story wise, which campaign of yours do you think will stand out the most?

It's a calculation including these factors:
  • Personal liking
  • Creation/Improvement difficulty
  • Uniqueness
  • Story
  • Gameplay
  • Several other factors
All these values are meant to be in comparison to each other, not to overall quality itself.

As you can see, a high/low value doesn't mean the campaign is good/bad or that I like/dislike it since there are several factors influencing the rating.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

I vote for Nesra or Wc4 single player campaigns.

Look... a map project is about you. You won't be happy creating a map after the vote of some random guys here on Hive. Create what you think is the most interesting of your ideas. And considering the arbitrary ratings you gave for your own ideas, you seem to prefer Nesra.

So just do that. if that's what you prefer, it's what you should make. You are going to spend the most time with the map, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.