• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] New ORPG: GodHunters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Hello,

I would like to know whether my idea would be a good addition to the current pool of ORPGs.

So, after over one year of developing it mentally, I decided to start this "Project".

It is supposed to be a map, an ORPG in which you find yourself at an unknown Realm. You only know you want to get power and might.
Therefore you battle against Lesser Gods, Common Gods and even the strongest, legendary Gods, like Harmonia and Fortuna.

At the beginning, you start with a common hero, but after killing Gods you will get Power Shards. With them you will be able to evolve into a specific elemental hero, like Nature, Fire or Holy.

Another aspect is also the Hero Build which makes my ORPG unique, I dare to say. While getting Player Experience and Tier Up your hero, you will have the opportunity to choose the role of your hero each time you load, regardless your Primary state. Of course, an Int will not become Tank easy. Following this Hero Build ( via abilities), you will be able to experience a new gameplay each time with new abilities or to improve your current strategy with known abilties.

I would like to create this map with the Standard WorldEditor and not with the custom, extended one. What do you think about it ? Should I use the extended one for it ?

Due to the fact that I am new to the map-creating section ( Hive in general), I would like to read the opinion of experienced map-creators.

Level 14
It sounds like a pretty nice idea to me. I like the fact that you aren't tied down to one hero type as soon as you pick it.

As far as the World Editor goes I use JassNewGenPack and I love the features it allows me to use. There are extra things that are extremely useful. For instance there is no doodad limit and since I use a very doodad-heavy terraining style it is super useful. There are a lot of other advantages (some have to do with Jass Script which I know very little about).
That being said, I see no reason you couldn't use the standard WE if you wanted to.

Honestly the biggest deciding factor for you as to whether or not you will decide to start this project is if you think YOU will enjoy it. If you want to make a project be sure it is something you would enjoy and not what you think everyone else wants. If you like it, others will too. I look forward to seeing a thread in the Map Development section should you choose to start it!

Good luck, and welcome to the site!

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

It sounds like a pretty nice idea to me. I like the fact that you aren't tied down to one hero type as soon as you pick it.

As far as the World Editor goes I use JassNewGenPack and I love the features it allows me to use. There are extra things that are extremely useful. For instance there is no doodad limit and since I use a very doodad-heavy terraining style it is super useful. There are a lot of other advantages (some have to do with Jass Script which I know very little about).
That being said, I see no reason you couldn't use the standard WE if you wanted to.

Honestly the biggest deciding factor for you as to whether or not you will decide to start this project is if you think YOU will enjoy it. If you want to make a project be sure it is something you would enjoy and not what you think everyone else wants. If you like it, others will too. I look forward to seeing a thread in the Map Development section should you choose to start it!

Good luck, and welcome to the site!
Okay, then i think i will try to create it with the Standard WE. I am just sorrowed about the limited doodad-count....

Yes, I think i will enjoy it :) It´s just, often I despair with little things like a Trigger or a System because I dont know how to create it...
But now I can post them in Forums :)

I thought about posting an ALPHA-verison as soon as the first steps and areas are complete, what do you think about ?

EDIT: Oh and a great Thank you for starting Rep

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Thats a great idea, ask me if you need a little help on the start up terrain.

Thank you :)
Uhm, I guess I dont need help with the start up terrain, BUT I would be glad if someone/you help me with the final Terrain. I would be glad if you call again when I post it at the Map Development Section.

Xonok said:
If you are truly as inexperienced as you say, then starting with an ORPG as the first big project will definitely be very hard.

Yes, indeed, it´s hard and I already spend a lot of time and feel like not getting anywhere...
Especially because one of my maps features is a huge amount of abilities/ ability build, thats going to be a really big Problem. I need around, let me calculate, around 50 - 75 abilties..., but I think i will make some cuts so not every hero gets fully own abilities, but some heroes also share some.

Xonok said:
The ideas are good. However, what do you bring to the table?

I am sorry, I am not a native English speaker. Does it mean 'what are you able to do?' ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Yes, this is what I meant.(I am not a native speaker either, actually)

Okay, I think I am able to create most Basics,

but I will need help with custom abilities for sure. Additionally, I would like to change my current Triggers like 'Item drop' into a hashtable drop, there I need help, too.
And, of course, I would be really glad if I get help with gameplay, like experience set, item stats, hero Tier req, ...

So, more or less I am/ will be really dependant on others help.

Level 21
My pc gets fixed 9 jan and ill start working on warcraft 3 again on 10 jan. So send me a vm then and ill help you however I can

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

My pc gets fixed 9 jan and ill start working on warcraft 3 again on 10 jan. So send me a vm then and ill help you however I can

So a godslayer. Really interesting, I feel that it can be badly done easily somehow though :-/

This reminds me of a anime I watched recently speaking of nothing..

@ Archimonde supreme: That's really kind of you! I am sure I will draw on you.

@ Chaosy: Yeah, naah, yes, it is kind of a god slayer game, but at the moment I am still developing basics.

First idea was to make element-based areas ( as I did/tried to) but it remembers me too much of existing RPGs/ORPGs like TWRPG, so now am thinking about creating a new map with God Dens/Temples/Areas to give the map more taste and being unique. I want it to be around an ORPG/RPG, a bit Dungeon feeling and heavy boss battle with required knowledge about Gods/Bosses and more micro.

(@Chaosy, what anime ? Maybe Log Off or Campione ? Well, didn't watched them, but would like to know which one you watched)

Ah and just to add some knowledge about English language:
' an anime speaking of nothing' = 'was boring, uninteresting' ?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Campione!, was really interesting, even if the battle idea of the holy sword was a little lame since it was oneshoting no matter what x) Either way, the way they presented the gods was sweet.

I just figured god slayer would fit better than god hunter, even though it's kinda the same thing.

Yeah, Slayer sounds better, it is a stronger word; thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.