• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Name for a dungeon/dungeon crawler/RPG game ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Hey guys, what would catch your attention for a good dungeon/ RPG-like game ?

My favourites would be:
  • Dungeon Hunters
  • Dungeon Seekers
  • Dungeon Heroes

Any suggestions ?

About the argument 'Please give us more information about the map', just consider the map an average, generic game, as seen plenty of times.

Level 12
Hey guys, what would catch your attention for a good dungeon/ RPG-like game ?

My favourites would be:
  • Dungeon Hunters
  • Dungeon Seekers
  • Dungeon Heroes

Any suggestions ?

About the argument 'Please give us more information about the map', just consider the map an average, generic game, as seen plenty of times.

Dungeon Storm?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Dungeon Storm?

Interesting idea, but what is the meaning of 'Storm' ?

Words like 'Hunters' or 'Seekers' are pretty generic, but they make sense, don't they. I think it is difficult to call a map something with 'Storm' if there is nothing related to it. Of course, there exists 'Heroes of the Storm', but I am not sure whether it will fit for my map, too.

Thank you, I hope you come up with more suggestions!

Level 10
Interesting idea, but what is the meaning of 'Storm' ?

Words like 'Hunters' or 'Seekers' are pretty generic, but they make sense, don't they. I think it is difficult to call a map something with 'Storm' if there is nothing related to it. Of course, there exists 'Heroes of the Storm', but I am not sure whether it will fit for my map, too.

Thank you, I hope you come up with more suggestions!
Storm: A violent military assault on a fortified place, strong position, or the like.
Hope that helps. :)

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Storm: A violent military assault on a fortified place, strong position, or the like.
Hope that helps. :)

Wow, I wasn't aware of this definition, thank you!
( Oh wait, not Storm like in weather ? Explains a lot...)

Hm, I am still not sure though, do you think crawling a dungeon/ searching through ancient tombs could be considered a Storm ? Hm...

Level 10
Wow, I wasn't aware of this definition, thank you!
( Oh wait, not Storm like in weather ? Explains a lot...)

Hm, I am still not sure though, do you think crawling a dungeon/ searching through ancient tombs could be considered a Storm ? Hm...
Well if it's like an assault it is.
So if the heroes come in and assault the dungeon for loot and battle, it could be storm. :)

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Well if it's like an assault it is.
So if the heroes come in and assault the dungeon for loot and battle, it could be storm. :)

Hm, indeed, I see :) I will think about it.

For now, it is a clash between Dungeon Heroes and Dungeon Storm,
what do you prefer and why ?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Dungeon Storm in my opinion, because if you were defending a dungeon, then the other name would make sense.

Hm, yes, I agree with you. Heroes is rather neutral, not showing up an offensive or defensive mood whereas Storm clearly shows up offensive mood.

I am not sure whether I will take it, I will think about it once more, thank you :)

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Something else that came to my mind, Dungeon Runners, but then the aspect Time is too emphasized.

I think I will go with Dungeon Heroes.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

What about a name without "Dungeon" in it? :p

Catacomb Madness.

Yes, is worth a thought, thank you!

The issue is, using 'Dungeon' you kind of expect a dungeon crawler, as my map is, at least I do,
while using other expressions, like Catacomb Madness, for example, could be anything, a mini game, a RPG, a campaign and so on.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

By hearing the name "Warcraft 3" you know it's an RTS?

Catacomb Adventure would perhaps be more dungeon crawler-ish though.
Hm, kind of, a bit, I would say, I would assume it as one of possible choices.

Indeed, Adventure is a good idea, but, my fault, there is going to be more than catacombs ( caves, cave lakes, Vulcan, ...), if everything goes right, though Dungeon won't fit, too, then...

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Hm, kind of, a bit, I would say, I would assume it as one of possible choices.

Indeed, Adventure is a good idea, but, my fault, there is going to be more than catacombs ( caves, cave lakes, Vulcan, ...), if everything goes right, though Dungeon won't fit, too, then...

It can be basically any action genre. FPS, RTS, RPG, Survival, TCG, MOBA, MMO

Well, I basically took another world instead of dungeon. Seeing as a viable name was dungeon X I didn't see any problem with catacomb X :p

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Chaosy, hahaha xD

Nice, I like Dungeon Champions, Flux, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.