• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

ideas for Banshee variations / Banshee skill tree ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Hello,
could you help me finding ideas for the following issue, please ?

In my new map ( Signature), I have a hero that uses the Banshee model and is supposed to be a Banshee / Witch.

The problem is, I cannot think about good variations for her abilities.
One skill path is Frost, one is something like Soul Magic or similar.

Do you have any ideas for skill trees, themes a witch can have ?

It is not possible to use poison, dark magic, unholy, blood, arcane or any 'good' magic.
It has to be Undead or Demon, 'Evil' themed but not one of the ones above.
I cannot think about any except Frost and maybe something like Soul Manipulation as themes for her spells...

Could you help me, please ?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Can you give more details about your banshee/witch.

She is a witch/banshee, part of a dark guardian troop that protects an ancient cave/dungeon.
Her role is basically the support of the other members of the team, giving her enchanting powers and supportive options. She avoids close battle.
She is a follower of the Demons who grant her great powers.

She is, or to say, she was a human once, but then she was murdered by enemies and became a banshee. Later, her powers increased and she was able to become a witch. Even later, she gets greatly infused by demonic powers, changing her look into demon-like

Level 19
Black Mistress

Decreasence - Area Target

Channels a powerful spell which decreases time inside a 700 target area which slows every unit by 75%. Lasts 3 seconds.

Maledict - Point Target

Targets an area with a curse. All units within 250 range of the target point will be affected by Maledict. Enemy units will be damage by 8 hitpoints per second. Allied units will be healed based from the damage taken by enemy units within the area. Lasts 10 seconds.

Witchcraft - Passive

c142ef81a64de80d430a612320d57e76_98200.jpg

Increases the power of the Black Mistress' spells.

Example:
Decreases the cooldown and mana cost of Decreasence and Maledict.
Increases the duration of Dark Curse.

Dark Curse - Unit Target

Any cursed enemy burns it's mana by 5 mana points per second and will deal damage by every mana burned by the enemy. If any enemy hero or unit is too near from the cursed enemy it will be silenced. Heroes allied with the cursed unit can pass the curse to itself if the hero attacks the cursed ally. Lasts 10 seconds.

Last edited:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Wow, this is great!

The icons match themselves very good, that is really nice.
Tho, the spells would require some triggering, but nonetheless they seem quite useful and fitting!

Thank you!

Level 8
Lol, you gave me a great idea! I currently can come up with only a few ideas.

Ones that probably don't fit well: Runemaster (Master of dark runes and stuff. In this variation she puts runes that act differently to different abilities. Got the idea from that ghost in your sig.) and Hellbringer (About fire and demons and burning stuff. abilities are about aoe damage and summoning minions. You said she was a follower of demons so I came up with this idea.)

Ones that probably fit well: Reaper (A banshee that takes the lifes of her enemies or something. In this variation she is more of a damage dealer and can use the corpses of her dead enemies for, something. I dont know. Again, got the idea from your sig.)

Trying to be imaginative. I would come up with more ideas but you banned half of my imagination and I came up with these in 4-5 minutes.

E: You can ask the dudes from the idea factory for the abilities. I could do them aswell, but I dont think I come up with good ideas for spells.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Lol, you gave me a great idea! I currently can come up with only a few ideas.

Ones that probably don't fit well: Runemaster (Master of dark runes and stuff. In this variation she puts runes that act differently to different abilities. Got the idea from that ghost in your sig.) and Hellbringer (About fire and demons and burning stuff. abilities are about aoe damage and summoning minions. You said she was a follower of demons so I came up with this idea.)

Ones that probably fit well: Reaper (A banshee that takes the lifes of her enemies or something. In this variation she is more of a damage dealer and can use the corpses of her dead enemies for, something. I dont know. Again, got the idea from your sig.)

Trying to be imaginative. I would come up with more ideas but you banned half of my imagination and I came up with these in 4-5 minutes.

Hm, thank you!

Btw, it is a necromancer in the Signature, not a banshee, I am sorry, it was to give a short, very short view on something related top the map.

Your ideas are good, they could fit other heroes of my map than the banshee more, tho.

Level 23
Since she is a banshee. Maybe some of these will help you.

Screech of Pain - Summons deafening voice deals damage and decreases the nearby enemy unit's armor and movement of speed. Last X seconds.

Wicked Curse - Curses the enemy target unit, making it unable to regain hitpoints and cannot cast spells. Last X seconds.

That's all I have for now maybe I can give more soon. :)

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

@Sclammerz: Both are good ideas I can use for my gameplay, thank you!

I hope there will come more :)

Level 8
Hm, thank you!

Btw, it is a necromancer in the Signature, not a banshee, I am sorry, it was to give a short, very short view on something related top the map.

Your ideas are good, they could fit other heroes of my map than the banshee more, tho.

So its still a help. I tried to make variations that have special abilities instead of just jump in and f*** everybody up. Runemaster uses runes to give a boost to her other abilities. Hellbringer uses summons to help him kill the minions, like one summon is a tank, other one is a support etc. And the Reaper uses the corpses of her enemies for explosions or something.

Level 28
Banshee: Ethereal but can turn corporeal. Silence spells last twice as long on her, and if corporeal prevent her from attacking as well.

Permanent Invisibilty: When active, the Banshee is permanently invisible, but cannot cast spells.

Tears of the Banshee: Heals the Banshee and surrounding allies.

Horrid Scream: Stuns and damages enemy units in a cone.

Boo!: Surprises nearby enemies, causing their next few attacks to miss (number increases with level).

Imitate Voice (spellbook): Targets a point. Forces nearby enemy units to carry out an action in/towards the target area: Move, Attack, Patrol, or Hold Position. After a while the effects wear off.

Possession (Channeling): Targets a single unit. The unit becomes ethereal as long as the Banshee possesses it (can be dispelled). The banshee eventually releases her hold, returning the unit to its owner, if interrupted (or the unit is killed) she is stunned for a short time.

Visit of the Banshee (Ultimate, Channeling): Targets a single unit. Turns corporeal and channels, stunning the unit. If the spell is allowed to complete, the unit dies, leaving a permanent ghost in its place. Every ghost reduces the Banshee's cooldowns by a percentage.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

@cleavinghammer: Interesting variations of known mechanisms. Thank you!

Level 28
Frost ideas:

Aura of Cold: Slows all enemies by a small percentage (less than the standard Frost X spells) and reduces mana regen.

Prison of Ice: Traps a unit in a block of ice. The next few attacks will deal extra damage but break the block (block lasts around a minute if unharmed).

Cryohibernation: Target unit has both Sleep and Rejuvenation cast on it.

Release: The Banshee concentrates on her earthly attachments and lets them go, gaining temporary boosts to movement and attackspeed, mana regen and spell cooldowns. Feel free to include a snippet of an appropriate Disney song when casting it.

Absolute Zero (Channelling, drains mana): All units around the Banshee are frozen in place (Prison of Ice spell) while the Banshee still has mana.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

@cleavinghammer: Oh, I love these! They are even more useful and very good, gving me a lot inspiration and ideas. You saved the frost path now, I nearly removed it.
Good job!

Level 28
Sorcery path

Death's Essence: Blights the land around the Banshee, gaining X mana for every tile blighted and Y health for every tree blighted to all friendly units around the banshee (pre-blighted land/trees give nothing).

Imbue: Target hero gets temporary stat bonuses (can target self).

Wild Magic: Casts random buffs on all units in a target area.

Soulshred: Target unit is permanently Crippled and Silenced.

Words of Power (Ultimate): All allied spell effects are doubled for a while.

Succubus path

Entice: Makes blood-boiling promises to units in an area, giving them maximum movespeed for a while.

Seduce (drains mana): Target unit is unable to attack or cast spells while the spell is active and has decreased movespeed.

Agony and Ectasy: Target unit loses % life every second but regains % mana as well.

Mindfog: Clouds the minds of men in their own illusions. Units in target area are slowed and have a chance to miss attacks.

Temptation: Targets a caster and permanently removes all spells from the unit (has a chance to fail).

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Sorcery path

Death's Essence: Blights the land around the Banshee, gaining X mana for every tile blighted and Y health for every tree blighted to all friendly units around the banshee (pre-blighted land/trees give nothing).

Imbue: Target hero gets temporary stat bonuses (can target self).

Wild Magic: Casts random buffs on all units in a target area.

Soulshred: Target unit is permanently Crippled and Silenced.

Words of Power (Ultimate): All allied spell effects are doubled for a while.

Succubus path

Entice: Makes blood-boiling promises to units in an area, giving them maximum movespeed for a while.

Seduce (drains mana): Target unit is unable to attack or cast spells while the spell is active and has decreased movespeed.

Agony and Ectasy: Target unit loses % life every second but regains % mana as well.

Mindfog: Clouds the minds of men in their own illusions. Units in target area are slowed and have a chance to miss attacks.

Temptation: Targets a caster and permanently removes all spells from the unit (has a chance to fail).

Interesting! I think I will develope a custom use for mana, then the spells affecting mana will become even more useful!

Thank you for taking the time! I am impressed that you often help with creative ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.