• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Idealists Challenge #1 "Light and Darkness" - The Poll

Who do you think deserves to be part of the TOP 6?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moy

Moy

Level 49
thepoll.jpg

The time has come to finally see the final entries, and you have now the power to choose the entries you want to be part of the top 6. The poll is multiple choice. Just don't vote for yourself and no creating accounts to gain votes. That's all, good luck!

THEME: Light and Darkness
"While the theme is Light and Dark, you don't need to follow that theme blindly. 'Dark' is a very vague description and involves several other themes. A few examples would be:
Necromancy, Shadow Magic, Fel magic, Demonology, Twilight magic and so on.
This applies for Light spells as well."

PRIZES

First Place - 20 rep
Second Place - 15 rep
Third Place 10 rep
Participants - 5 rep

JUDGES

Mythic
sentrywiz

CONTEST JUDGING
SYNERGY How does the abilities work together? 15pts
BALANCE Does the hero comply with the balancing of the chosen Warcraft 3 map? 20pts
CREATIVITY Was the hero original and creative? Did the author used appropriate icons or graphics? 10pts
BLIZZARD FEELING Does the concept can be implemented fully on a Warcraft 3 map? 20pts
THEME Did the hero represented the contest theme? 25pts
PRESENTATION How was the concept presented? Are the abilities can be understood well? 10pts
TOTAL 100pts

AuthorEntry NameStatusPoll VotesJudge #1 - MythicJudge #2 - sentrywizAverage ScorePlacement
?Ausfang, LightguardFINISHEDPoll VotesJudge #1 - MythicJudge #2 - sentrywizAverage ScorePlacement
?[TD]Daniela, the Holy MageFINISHEDPoll VotesJudge #1 - MythicJudge #2 - sentrywizAverage ScorePlacement?[TD]Dr. Aether, Electromagnetic Radiation Controlling Machine FINISHEDPoll VotesJudge #1 - MythicJudge #2 - sentrywizAverage ScorePlacement?[TD]Emotion, the Nameless FINISHEDPoll VotesJudge #1 - MythicJudge #2 - sentrywizAverage ScorePlacement?[TD]Jollinar, the Tainted ZealotFINISHEDPoll VotesJudge #1 - MythicJudge #2 - sentrywizAverage ScorePlacement?[TD]Lafos, Blood KnightFINISHEDPoll VotesJudge #1 - MythicJudge #2 - sentrywizAverage ScorePlacement?[TD]Svernos, the Sky ForgerFINISHEDPoll VotesJudge #1 - MythicJudge #2 - sentrywizAverage ScorePlacement?[TD]Thero, the UndefinedFINISHEDPoll VotesJudge #1 - MythicJudge #2 - sentrywizAverage ScorePlacement

[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]

Here is the list of Contestants: (in alphabetical order)
~Nightmare
Chaosy
dhika_axe
Green!X
jopi
Razer!X
Sclammerz
Templasssassin

Contest Thread: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...hallenge-1-light-darkness-259163/#post2611767

Last edited:
Level 10
@~Nightmare: Are we still waiting, or is the poll offically open for votes?

Level 10
well is it supposed that i can check multiple entries? Reading the comments above it seems not...

Moy

Moy

Level 49
If you have voted for yourself (for a reason), I'll just deduct the vote.

And I saw somebody voted for himself :D

EDIT:
Should we have a 30% poll + 70% Judge Scores
or
We can have a poll to identify the top 6 (but all of the entries are scored by sentrywiz right now). And we rank the top 6 by the average score.

Last edited:
Level 10
well at the moment there are 3 entries with 4 votes, unless one of the 5 vote entries has to be deducted., So IMO first you should make a new entry list with the real votes, as apparently there are more than one vote that has to be duducted.

After this you can either stick to the main plan --> only top 6 judged,
or as appently at least sentrywiz has already judged all entries try to merge votes and judgement into one fair calculation, or make a tie breaker.

Moy

Moy

Level 49
I'll post it here, wait until I got home. (I'm at school)

EDIT: Here it is
Entry NamePoll ResultTrue Result
Dr. Aether, Electromagnetic Radiation Controlling Machine109
Thero, the Undefined99
Daniela, the Holy Mage77
Jollinar, the Tainted Zealot55
Emotion, the Nameless44
Lafos, Blood Knight54
Svernos, the Sky Forger44
Ausfang, Lightguard43

Last edited:
Level 10
ok as I understood it in the first place it was planned to have a elimination vote for the top 6 entries. After this judges would judge the top 6 and give every entry a score and the number of votes would be irrelevant then? This means once you're in the top 6 you can still take first place no matter if you're the last of the top 6 in matter of votes, right?

So either tie break with the judge's Scores, but then you also would have to reveal the other Scores and thus have a final result directly. Or make a seperate Tie breaking poll.

The first option would completely neglect the main plans as I got them. In your position I would make a second tie breaking poll, this would still take at least 2 days of time, I know...

Moy

Moy

Level 49
ok as I understood it in the first place it was planned to have a elimination vote for the top 6 entries. After this judges would judge the top 6 and give every entry a score and the number of votes would be irrelevant then? This means once you're in the top 6 you can still take first place no matter if you're the last of the top 6 in matter of votes, right?

Righty.

So either tie break with the judge's Scores, but then you also would have to reveal the other Scores and thus have a final result directly.
I'll go with this. So Ausfang is now eliminated? Maybe I should reveal the author of this?

I'll post the result on the next days.

Status
Not open for further replies.