• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to properly name your map's thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Put the type of your map in thread name.

Bad titles: (actual)
  • Death Gates
  • God's Word: The True Way
  • WW2: World in Flames [REVISED]
  • Assassins Creed: The Animus Project
  • Black Winter's Depository
  • Asian Garden

Good titles: (invented)
  • [ORPG] The Dawn Of Chaos
  • [AoS](3vs3) Fields of Sorrow
  • (6)[Hero Defense] Undead Survival
  • [Dungeon] Treasure of Nevermore
  • [Tower Defense] Invading Chaos

The reason you create threads in this forum is to get reviews and feedback.
Threads with a map type in title always get clicked before others.

Level 6
Do you mean a title that sounds good or a title that describe the map?

It's weird to have [ORPG] in front of your map......

Level 21
So I can't name XXX Thrall and Jania getting it on? :p
Well anyway yeah I like on how the map is actually named right so people might be more interested in it.

Level 6
Oh, thread name? Yeah it's quite good. It clarifies what you need to know instead of clicking on every thread.

Level 6
A genre can NOT always be defined.
If a map is so bizzare that it has no genre it is usually in "crap" category.

@Vengeancekael
Yeah I know this is wrong section, but it was also meant as a message to the people in this section, so I decided to put it in here until some mod decides to move it.

As for attention some imaginary projects get, I can only repeat :/

Level 7
Threads with a map type in title always get clicked before others.
This.

At least I ignore all the thread that I don't know the author and has no type :)

Sorry but, I don't like the fact you need to read the entire thread to find out the type of map.

Level 4
Heh, so you need to add Requiem to list too. ;>
I have no idea what kind of [blabla] will fit there.

Maybe you are looking at those "[blabla] Map Name", but most people don't. And it doesn't mean that thread get more or less of reviews and feedback. Most people browsing threads mostly looking at the name, so the impact of this is just pure curiosity.
I prefer not to have, any [RPG], [ORPG] before the name of the thread. It looks strange.
Alternatively, I would agree as to the [AOS], but not to the maps with... let's call it "potential".

It will be cool, if you apply to it, but don't expect this from others.

Btw: Player count sounds better.

Last edited:
Level 16
The whole point of this thread is to make this kind of naming mandatory.
what the hell-so you want thread naming being bound by rules? What if the author him/herself is still confused about what genre his/her map is?

Stating number of players sounds like a good idea though-albeit as Vengeancekael said, using too much []s may make it look messy.

Level 9
You aren't making suggestions how a thread should be named, you're merely complaining about the current ones. I hardly understood what your "invented" part wanted to say, not forgetting the fact that a "tutorial" has nothing to do in a map developing section.

Status
Not open for further replies.