• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Aeon of Strife] Hero Names, Lore, Abilities etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

True enough. Shadow step would work as well, but that would be sooo typical for a rogue. Any gap closer would work.

The utlimate is obviously flexible. It's not like I set the value in stone. You might set it to 1% for all I care ;)

True that.

Well my opinion isn't set in stone either, a pull spell would work just fine.

Level 9
Name: Paladin
Classification: Warrior
Roleplay: Tanker/Ganker/Supporter
Abilities:
<1>Holy Bolt - Sends a holy bolt to a enemy unit, dealing (x) damage and stunning the target for (x) seconds. Nearby allies heal by (x)% of the target's max hp.
Cooldown: 11.5

<2>Devotion Aura - Increases the armor of allies by (x) and also decreases the armor of enemy by (x).
900 AoE

<3>Bash - Every attacks of Paladin, it has a 10% chance to stunned the attacked unit and knockbacking nearby enemy (x) units away.
200 AoE

<Ultimate>Holy Wraith - Increasing nearby allies' armor to max and their hitpoints regenerations by (x)% for (x) seconds. every damage receive by the Wraithed allies will return 15% of the damage back to the damaging enemy.
Cooldown: 90

Theres :) Hope you like it

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Name: Paladin
Classification: Warrior
Roleplay: Tanker/Ganker/Supporter
Abilities:
<1>Holy Bolt - Sends a holy bolt to a enemy unit, dealing (x) damage and stunning the target for (x) seconds. Nearby allies heal by (x)% of the target's max hp.
Cooldown: 11.5

<2>Devotion Aura - Increases the armor of allies by (x) and also decreases the armor of enemy by (x).
900 AoE

<3>Bash - Every attacks of Paladin, it has a 10% chance to stunned the attacked unit and knockbacking nearby enemy (x) units away.
200 AoE

<Ultimate>Holy Wraith - Increasing nearby allies' armor to max and their hitpoints regenerations by (x)% for (x) seconds. every damage receive by the Wraithed allies will return 15% of the damage back to the damaging enemy.
Cooldown: 90

Theres :) Hope you like it

Thank you for your hero idea.
I like it. Its very dota-esque. Reminds me of Sven, instead of having Cleave it has Devotion Aura.

A hero that has a clear role with relatively good abilities. The ultimate is bit OP though, because it makes allies nearly invulnerable. Maybe it should provide lot of armor instead of +99999 Armor.

But that's just my opinion. Its your hero idea and I thank you for sharing it

Level 9
Thank you for your hero idea.
I like it. Its very dota-esque. Reminds me of Sven, instead of having Cleave it has Devotion Aura.

A hero that has a clear role with relatively good abilities. The ultimate is bit OP though, because it makes allies nearly invulnerable. Maybe it should provide lot of armor instead of +99999 Armor.

But that's just my opinion. Its your hero idea and I thank you for sharing it

Instead of adding armor, try adding speed :D

Level 28
A gimmicky one: Every time it kills a unit, it grows in power. But for its abilities to work, it has to sacrifice some of that power. If used without souls, the ability is fails (and still costs mana).

Ghost Knight

A suit of haunted armor, inhabited by the ghosts of its victims and seeking only to pass their suffering to others. The Ghost Knight uses the souls of its victims to power its own abilities and increase its strength.

Soulthief (Passive, does not level up): The Ghost Knight absorbs the soul of its victims into itself. Gets a boost in a random stat (move/attackspeed, damage, HP, Int/Str/Agi...) every time it makes a kill.

Harvest Souls: (Active, does not level up) Converts all corpses (except those killed by the Ghost Knight) around the Ghost Knight into souls for it to use. As they were not killed by the Ghost Knight, its grip over them is weaker, and they only provide a fraction of the stat boosts (but count a one soul when using abilities).

Hellfire (Active, drains mana and souls): The Ghost Knight is wreathed in infernal flames, fueled by its stolen souls. Deals constant damage to enemy units around the Ghost Knight and loses souls periodically (i.e. one soul every x seconds).

Torment (Active, costs a percentage of total souls): The Ghost Knight releases the souls it has stolen. Driven mad by their imprisonment, they seek only to harm its enemies. Deals damage in a radius around the Ghost Knight. The more souls used, the greater the damage.

Spite (Active, costs a percentage of total souls): Knowing no end to its suffering than to spread it to others, the Ghost Knight delights in bringing others to the grave. Sends a stream of ghosts to attack an enemy unit or hero, slowing them and obscuring their vision. The more souls used, the longer the effect.

Possess (Ultimate, active, costs a variable percentage of total souls): Sends a fraction of the trapped souls to possess an enemy unit (cost based on the unit's current HP). Control is permanent until it dies.

(Alternate ultimate) Turns a target unit into a soulhive, giving the unit a passive attack against multiple enemies (Phoenix Fire with the Spirit Tower's attack). When the unit dies, it unleashes a Torment spell (using the Ghost Knight's current soul counter to calculate damage).

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

A gimmicky one: Every time it kills a unit, it grows in power. But for its abilities to work, it has to sacrifice some of that power. If used without souls, the ability is fails (and still costs mana).

Ghost Knight

A suit of haunted armor, inhabited by the ghosts of its victims and seeking only to pass their suffering to others. The Ghost Knight uses the souls of its victims to power its own abilities and increase its strength.

Soulthief (Passive, does not level up): The Ghost Knight absorbs the soul of its victims into itself. Gets a boost in a random stat (move/attackspeed, damage, HP, Int/Str/Agi...) every time it makes a kill.

Harvest Souls: (Active, does not level up) Converts all corpses (except those killed by the Ghost Knight) around the Ghost Knight into souls for it to use. As they were not killed by the Ghost Knight, its grip over them is weaker, and they only provide a fraction of the stat boosts (but count a one soul when using abilities).

Hellfire (Active, drains mana and souls): The Ghost Knight is wreathed in infernal flames, fueled by its stolen souls. Deals constant damage to enemy units around the Ghost Knight and loses souls periodically (i.e. one soul every x seconds).

Torment (Active, costs a percentage of total souls): The Ghost Knight releases the souls it has stolen. Driven mad by their imprisonment, they seek only to harm its enemies. Deals damage in a radius around the Ghost Knight. The more souls used, the greater the damage.

Spite (Active, costs a percentage of total souls): Knowing no end to its suffering than to spread it to others, the Ghost Knight delights in bringing others to the grave. Sends a stream of ghosts to attack an enemy unit or hero, slowing them and obscuring their vision. The more souls used, the longer the effect.

Possess (Ultimate, active, costs a variable percentage of total souls): Sends a fraction of the trapped souls to possess an enemy unit (cost based on the unit's current HP). Control is permanent until it dies.

(Alternate ultimate) Turns a target unit into a soulhive, giving the unit a passive attack against multiple enemies (Phoenix Fire with the Spirit Tower's attack). When the unit dies, it unleashes a Torment spell (using the Ghost Knight's current soul counter to calculate damage).

You can do better than this. Its kind of a pain to read through this wall of text.

Level 9
I have another idea!

Name: Darkness Light
Classification: Assasin
Roleplay: Gank/Solo/Initiator

<1>Hide - Darkness Light gains invisibility when cast, actions will remove the invisibility. Attacks deals bonus damage.

Dark Mode:
Deals (x) bonus damage, slowing the target by (x)% for (x) seconds.

Light Mode:
Deals (x) bonus damage, increasing the damage dealt by (x)% for (x) seconds.

<2>Charge - Darkness Light charges to a target unit, dealing (x) damage to the target and applies a (x) units away knockback.

Dark Mode:
Gains (x) seconds of invisibility for caster, dealing (x) bonus damage when attacks.

Light Mode:
Heals (x) amount of hitpoints for caster.

<3>Day Affection - Darkness Light gone into Dark Mode in night and Light Mode in day

Dark Mode:
Increasing the attack damage of Darkness Light by (x) amount.

Light Mode:
Gains a (x)% lifesteal.

<Ultimate>Coup de' Grace - Gives 8% chances to deal (x) times more damage on attacks.

Dark Mode:
Poison the attacked unit dealing (x) damage per second for (x) seconds.

Light Mode:
Heal the attacking unit by critical amount.

Yeah... Thats all

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Light and Darkness I see. :p

Do you wanna join the Idealists Challenge?

That's a brilliant idea actually.

To everyone here, if you want to join the Idealist Challenge, visit this link to find out more IC #2.

If it means anything to you, I'm hosting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.