• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Strategy / Risk] Darkshooter's WC3 Duel monsters Project Idea thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Darkshooter1986 Presents.
WC3 Duel Monsters Project Idea Thread

INTRODUCTION:
Warcraft 3 Duel Monsters is a remake of the hit series and TCG Yu-Gi-Oh. With monster, spell and trap cards all recreated in the style of Warcraft.

WHAT IS NEEDED:
I am in search for some new and fun ideas for Monster, Spell and Trap cards to add to my project. Will provide a list below of what is required to submit an idea for each card.

EXTRA COMMENTS:
I am building from the ground up. Just as Yu-Gi-Oh started with regular Monster, Spell and trap cards when it first began, I am not looking for anything too advanced (Example: Synchro or equivalent type monsters). Yugioh first stared out with regular, effect and fusion type monsters. This is where I am aiming at for now with plans to update/expand the game in future versions (If sucessful).

CARD APPLICATIONS:

Monster Cards:

Name:
Level: X (1-10)
Type: (Normal, Effect. Ritual, Fusion) (If fusion, what two Fusion material Monster cards will it take to fuse into said fusion monster) (If effect monster, Describe it's effect. Is it a Flip effect? Does it trigger when attacked? Just some ideas)
Monster Type: (Spellcaster, Dragon, Undead, Warrior, Beast Warrior, Beast, Fiend, Dinosaur, Aqua, Pyro, Psychic)
Element: (Dark, Light, Earth, Water, Wind, Fire, Divine)
Attack points: 0-3500 (No higher than 3500 for Regular monsters/4000 for fusion monsters)
Defense Points: 0-3000 For any normal or effect monster/0-4500 any ritual/fusion monster
Description: (Write a background or something about the card. Doesn't have to be elaborate.)

Spell Cards:

Name:
Type: (Quick play, Continuous, etc...)
Description: (Write a background or something about the card. Doesn't have to be elaborate. What does it do?)

Trap Cards:

Name:
Type: (Continuous, etc...)
Description: (Write a background or something about the card. Doesn't have to be elaborate. What does it do?)

This game will follow along the same/similar rules as Yu-Gi-Oh does for each card and what not. Will explain Rules as well in Map Development post when I get a chance.

Map Development post Update to come soon. Stay tuned! Though between many things I have to do daily I don't expect to be on Hive or my project each and every day.

Thanks! Darkshooter1986

Last edited:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

The idea sounds nice, but why would you like to limit your creativity to Yu-go-oh ?
Why not create our own monsters, traps and magics ?

Level 5
I am back and hoping to get this map project off the ground soon. As I stated above, anyone with card ideas to add can follow along the required content in the hidden boxes per card type (Monster/Spell/trap). Please be atleast somewhat origional. I want the cards to be "like" yu-gi-oh, but not a complete copy. Just use some ideas based off the warcraft 3 and yugioh gameplay.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.