• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Cult of the Damned Undead Subrace Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Recently I'm working on an Undead campaign and the Undead race will have major changes to be story friendly, and I'm also adding a feature to the campaign that will let you choose between two upgrades for a unit every chapter, and for example, in Chapter 1 you have the ghoul, it's initial abilities are cannibalize and a passive that increases movement/attack speed when on blight. Then you have an option to upgrade them in the Crypt, either Corpse Storage(For Cannibalizing or other Purposes) Upgrade or the Frenzy Upgrade that increases Movement/Attack speed all the time and drain enemy armor when in blight. Then the next chapters they could choose another choice.

This is to have people focus the feature they like the more or practice the ability they are unsure how to use. Of course there will be changes, this is just a plan, but also I need ideas for the Cult of the Damned techtree. My current list is(The Italicized Upgrades needs Feedbacks or Ideas)

Worker: Acolyte & Ghoul

Tier 1 Units:
Ghoul(Corpse Carrier & Frenzy)
Crypt Fiends(Web Focused & Burrow Focused)
Meat Wagon(Plague Focused & Corpse Hoarder)

Tier 2 Units:
Abomination(Rotting Construct & Flesh Carver)
Dark Rider(Unholy & Frost)
Gargoyle(Shadow Flyer & Stone Form Focused

Tier 2 Spellcasters:
Cultist(Summoning & Corruption)
Necromancer(Reanimation & Affliction)
Crypt Matriarch(Web Focused & Spiderling Focused)

Obviously it needs more, that's why I'm posting this, so let me hear your ideas!

Last edited:

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Can you explain a bit more about the Crypt Matriarch's tactical role? Is she just the third caster, or will she has a different role, maybe like Anti-Caster or something?

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Maybe you should replace the Nerubian units with something like skeleton archers or whatever, since it is the Cult of the Damned, not the Scourge as a whole. It should include mostly humans.

And the way your techtree looks like at the moment, you definitely won't be able to use it against the default Human (or whoever is their enemy) techtree. You know, things like Abomination being tier 2 unit among other things. It would be easier for you to just edit the default Undead techtree, making it different, while preserving the balance. Unless you want to create a techtree for every other race, that is.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Hmm I'll see to it, but actually Kel'thuzad will travel to Northrend and meet Anub'arak, but yeah, I'll just read more.

What you're talking about would already be the Scourge, but the Cult is just one fraction of it.

Level 25
Maybe add an Deathbringer, it could be based on the knight or captain, and have critical strike (execute?). And the skeleton archer (marksman), it could have Poisonous Arrow.

I'll think about the Deathbringer, but good thing you said it because I need some Raider-like or something that is fast like the knight.

And the Skeletal Marksman is definitely accepted! Now what I need is the Tier 3 unit. The current techtree is:

Tier 1 Units:
Ghoul(Corpse Carrier & Frenzy)
Archer(Fire Arrows & Poison Arrows)
Crypt Fiends(Web Focused & Burrow Focused)

Tier 2 Units:
Abomination(Rotting Construct & Flesh Carver)
Still Deciding
Meat Wagon(Plague Focused & Corpse Hoarder)
Gargoyle(Shadow Flyer & Stone Form Focused)

Tier 2 Spellcasters:
Cultist(Summoning & Corruption)
Necromancer(Reanimation & Affliction)
Crypt Matriarch(Web Focused & Spiderling Focused)

Level 15
Well, first, you should visit some places in WoW where Cult of the Damned is dominant, like Plaguelands and Naxxramas. There you should see their units, and you can come up with unique tech-tree.
This tech-tree is just Undead one with few different units, and some of those units are completely unfitting for CotD.
I hope I helped a bit!

Level 25
What's the point of Abomination then? And why should anyone train Ghouls if they have tier 1 knight-like unit?

I recommend that you read this tutorial to help you with your techtree:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=1735#gmessage145863

Oh forgot about it :( I'll just change their roles though some of the other units will be affected

Well, first, you should visit some places in WoW where Cult of the Damned is dominant, like Plaguelands and Naxxramas. There you should see their units, and you can come up with unique tech-tree.
This tech-tree is just Undead one with few different units, and some of those units are completely unfitting for CotD.
I hope I helped a bit!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.