• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Couatl Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am working on a version of the Couatl that equates to a Gryphon Rider. In this case it is also the racial scout that becomes available at tier 2. It will have at least one ability researched at tier 3.

What abilities do you see it having?

To be clear I am not requesting a finished spell. I want your ideas on what this unit could do.

Last edited:
I would personally give it a defensive ability. Couatl's have good average damage and decent hp (compared to gargoyle's and dragonhawks), but they die quite easily. In particular, I think they could get a really worthwhile buff from getting a defensive against piercing attacks.

Some ideas:
(1) Venemous feedback (passive) - absorb 20% of piercing attack damage, and deal it back to the attacker.
(2) Shroud (active) - Shrouds the Couatl from piercing attacks for 3 seconds (medium cooldown)
(3) Caustic Regrowth (active) - Reduces damage taken by 50% for 3 seconds. 200% of the damage taken during that time will be healed back over 3 additional seconds. (longish cooldown)

Status
Not open for further replies.