• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cool features for survival horror shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Well, I'm developing a shooter map for wc3 that operates in waves, it's horror based and I've already worked the core gameplay aspects out. What I need now are suggestions for extra features to be added to the shooter. I don't want to give out more details but the game is mostly focused on being challenging, atmospheric and surprising.

I'm open to pretty much most ideas here.

Level 9
Add blood everywhere, on walls and stuff.... also add severed parts of human on some places to foreshadow sonething is happening... also add creepy ghostly voices to frighten the players

Level 14
Use custom lighting, hide health bars.
- Does wonders for atmosphere.
- Makes it harder to identify targets, which makes it more challenging.
- Opens up new gameplay mechanics/items: flashlight, flare, enemies that fear light, etc

How would I go about triggering a way to hide health bars? I love the idea of the Flashlight. I'm trying to figure out a way to make the overall map darker.

@Leo: Oh there will be blood effects in certain rooms.

Level 25
How would I go about triggering a way to hide health bars?
Actions
  • Game - Disable pre-selection functionality (Disable pre-selection circles, life bars, and object info)
I'm trying to figure out a way to make the overall map darker.
  • Actions
    • Custom script: call SetDayNightModels("", "")
Then use anything with light sources to cut through the absolute darkness.

Status
Not open for further replies.