• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Arena Map

Whatya think?

• Totally sucks!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Well, I'm starting on a Arena map called
"Natural Snare"

It's just a thought now, but I'm already collecting the customs...
Well, I'm no good at originality but I'll try to do most of the map by myself and not copy from other maps...

Some features of this map will be...
~Weather Events
~Duelling
~Multiple Game Modes (Survival, Battle Royale, Team Battle, Collect the Shards)
~Crafting, Refinement and Imbuing
~Custom Attribute System (Thanks to haxel96 and Trillium)
~Living/Hostile Environment

Please give me your suggestions,
I'm searching for some customs too...

BACK ON TRACK!

But please know that I'm not gonna put too much effort in it.. I will be working slowly on this map... And I'll make other maps first 'cause I need more experience...

Anyone who's willing to continue this on their own is welcome to do so...

Progress
Units |||||||||| - 20%
Triggers |||||||||| - 0.5%
Terrain |||||||||| - 80%

Last edited:
Level 9
Just, remember to keep it as non hack n' slashy as possible, like make every hero use all stats, even an assasin should need some int and use active abilities. So, Good items for example doesn't give 50 agi, they give "+23 str, +32 agi and +15 int" for example.

Maybe have some sort of attribute system? Like not just str, agi, and int :p

Level 15
haxel96 gave a good idea - I'll try t oexpand it a bit

1) rename attributes to smth like Power, Precision and Energy

2) make every active skill triggered and make its damage (/healing/amplitude or duration of effect/etc.) depend totally on Power, chance to deal that damage (healing/apply effect/etc.) - on Precision. Each skill should have no mana cost, but instead remove amount of mana based on Energy stat (the more Energy - the less mana it removes). If the Hero drops to zero mana, he can get stunned for some time (like 5 or 10 seconds - not too long, but enough to get owned). Or, after mana drops to zero, the spells may use up health instead - another good way to make players watch their mana.

Of course, with such system, attributes wouldn't give damage/health/mana - luckily those stats exist on items independetly.

Level 5
Nice Ideas, well, I've finished the base terrain (will improved it after I've completed the triggers/objects) and you gave me some good ideas.. :D Well, the beta will be up soon with some few features... :D
N.B. This will be my first original map so please be soft!!!

Level 6
i got a nice idea, for abilities, :)

make them unique u know what im saying? make them AWESOME and new (^^)

tossing stunning and pulling and leaching hp ALL THE SAME TIME and changing and burning the terrain due to the great spells that are happening, FIRE explosion around the caster while metoer falling from the skies BOM BOM BOM!!!!! RAWR :p

and about the changing the names of str int and agi, me looking forward :D

good luck (^^) if need more ideas for heroes and real skills not BOM BOM just ask :)

Level 20
- All heroes have their spells available right away.
- Spells have short cooldowns.
- All heroes have a some kind of basic damage dealing spells to make auto-attacking less used.
- Heroes can choose some kind of talents every time they level up.
- Talents can improve/alter or even add new abilities to the hero.
- Talents have varying paths making it possible to make slighty different builds.
- Try to balance the game between 3on3.
- If possible add a channeling system to make it possible to interrupt spells.
- Healers should try to help their team by interrupting enemies rather than spamming one heal.
- Movement and positioning should play a big part in the game.
- If you add items try to add only ones with a real meaning.
- If you decide heroes not to gain stats upon leveling try to include a bit hp in every item to avoid heavy tunneling.

But it looks like you are just making a just another hero arena with bases and running around a cityscape themed map while killing trolls and waiting for "battle every 5min" and spamming "-duel".

Level 5
@Super-Sheep, I like your ideas!
And
-Spells have a maximum of 10 seconds cooldown
-No Attribute points are gained on level up
-There are 7 types of attributes.. Power, Precision, Energy, Vitality, Intelligence, Strength & Dexterity
-Power represent your physical damage
-Precison is the chance to hit
-Energy is the mana recovery and maximum mana
-Vitality is your HP and HP regeneration
-Intelligence is for equipping magical items and chance to cast spells
-Strength is for equipping weapons, armor
-Dexterity is for equipping bows, daggers and your AS
-10 Attribute Points (Lumber) are obtained when you level up
-Heroes can't auto-attack, you have to press X to attack physical infront of you.
-Almost all spells (excluding some) have a casting time (maximum 5 seconds, minimum 1 seconds)
-Synergy system is applied.
For example
Throw Rock - [Level 1]
Throws a rock, dealing [10xPower] physical damage.
Synergy: Improved Strength increases Throw Rock base damage by 5 per level
-All heroes have 6 abilities; 1 Initial Skill(Cannot level, available at Level 1), 4 Normal Skills(Can level 10 times) & 1 Ultimate(Can level 5 times).
-Maximum level is 45

PS: F**k you if you see it that way, No offence.. ;)

Level 5
Try to put as much custom spells, units and doodads as possible in the map. Lots of players don't think the ordinary spells, units and doodads are cool.
--------
Edit

By the way. I voted "Cool! Can't wait! ". I think the idea is cool and i can't wait to try it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.